Stores With "No Public Bathroom"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So YOUR contribution to making the world a "happier place" is to butt into a conversation and call the participants dumb and pathetic? So people who want the world a happier place are slinging insults, and people with compassion are bullying store owners and leaving others to clean up their pee. Must be Bizarro day on the DIS.

Pretty much, yeah.

Insurance reasons. Employees are covered in back areas. Customers are not.

That's the other part of it. A lot of it is the stealing though. I've worked in convenience stores without public bathrooms and plain ole retail. I watched a whole bunch of employees get fired for stealing from the stock near the bathroom. Apparently they thought it a) wouldn't be noticed or b) nobody would figure out it was them. Wrong on both counts.

To point out how stupid it is. Obviously those bickering back and forth can't see it, so I'm helping to point it out.
There are plenty of threads on the Dis that I think are stupid. You know what? I just don't read them. If I don't read them, I'm not exposed to the stupidity. Sounds like a simple solution to me.

There are plenty of threads on the Dis that I think are stupid. You know what? I just don't read them. If I don't read them, I'm not exposed to the stupidity. Sounds like a simple solution to me.

Wait, if you don't read them, then how do you know they're stupid?

To point out how stupid it is. Obviously those bickering back and forth can't see it, so I'm helping to point it out.

Come on, you can't really think you are adding anything productive or really pointing anything out to anyone. You want to insert your opinion which is no different than anyone else.

OP said she was purchasing a few things. That is not just a bottle of water. If she was on a break or lunch then that is different but that is not what I got from the OP.

And lol @ postal workers and bahtroooms

Please. My father has been a postal carrier for over 30 years and not only is he allowed, but he is ENCOURAGED to stop anywhere on his route and purchase water, food etc, when he needs it and when/where he can stop to get it. He uses his mail truck through the drive thru's of many places and, cost-effectively AND time-effectively, will purchase a bottle of water or snack (sometimes more than one thing at a time...gasp!!!) at the 7-11 or gas station along his route when he delivers their mail. WHY would a mail carrier not use the opportunity when they see it to use the bathroom or get something to drink when they can, especially when they are stopping at that location to deliver the mail.

What would be better....drive 15 miles back to the post office, use the bathroom, and drive 15 miles out again to resume delivery.

Ridiculous. Is this really something people fight about on the DIS?

Well, it seems I gave her more credit than she deserved--I think rudely walking out while leaving her unsurpassed items on the counter was totally uncalled for.

Why does her being a postal worker somehow make her more eligible to use their restroom than any other customer?
I missed the bolded part somehow when I read that earlier!
Class act - NOT!

Damn, 18+ pages of back and forth *****ery at its finest.... all for what? Friggin nothing. Pathetic.

Well, color me surprised that made it through the filters! Honestly, your post (and the follow ups) fall much more into that category than ANYthing else on this thread--why the level of anger and rudeness there?

would a mail carrier not use the opportunity when they see it to use the bathroom or get something to drink when they can, especially when they are stopping at that location to deliver the mail.

What would be better....drive 15 miles back to the post office, use the bathroom, and drive 15 miles out again to resume delivery.

Ridiculous. Is this really something people fight about on the DIS?

I do not think anyone has said the mail carrier should not use a public bathroom whenever and whereever along the route she sees one (and only 1 or 2 people said the rural route carrier should not buy some food/snacks etc while on the route). At issue is not whether a postal worker should be allowed by their employer to use the restroom while out delivering but whether the places the postal worker delivers to must provide that place if they do not otherwise provide public restrooms.

That is great for you, it honestly it is. You don't seem to get that not everyone does have a boss like that. Its easy for you to say you'd use compassion and go against policy if you know your boss is going to understand, because that means you really aren't risking your job. Other's aren't so lucky.

You do realize that I haven't had the same boss my entire life, don't you? I have worked several places.

I had no idea how they would react to my locking the door when it happened, I honestly didn't stop and think about it. They weren't here when it happened but I did tell them when they got back.

Well, color me surprised that made it through the filters! Honestly, your post (and the follow ups) fall much more into that category than ANYthing else on this thread--why the level of anger and rudeness there?

I must have become a product of my environment... :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter