Store-Purchased Hair Color?

SaveTheSeaTurtles

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Su
Has anyone had a great experience with store-purchased hair color? I tried using Feria but after a few months, my hair started to get an orange tone to it. My stylist blamed it on the fact that I was using a box rather than a professional..I can't see how the ingredients in the hair color are that different, really.
Any suggestions??? (so I can ensure I don't get orange hair again!):) :) :cutie:

I was thinking of trying Colour Experte from L'Oreal...

I've always used "box" hair color. I use Nice 'N Easy. It has always worked fine for me without any weird colors.

You don't happen to have well water do you? When I was younger my hair would get VERY orange and I had to have it treated regularly to get the orange color out because we had heavy iron content in our water. (I believe it was iron, was a long time ago, ;) )

:wizard: Beth

I've used lots of different brands (whatever I can get for free) and I've never been dissatisfied. I wouldn't give up on doing at home until you try again.

I don't like the "box" colors. You have no idea the level of lift or the base color, so the outcome could be anything. I like to buy my haircolor at Sally Beauty Supply and mix it myself.

I liked Garnier Nutrisse, but it didn't cover my gray well (or at all :scared: ). Anyway, I have been using Feria and I haven't gotten an orange tint. I have also had good luck with the loreal color/highlight combo thing (red box about $17)

I like hyderince(sp) I have used it for years. I was told the samething from once a hairdressor once, so I let her color my hair. She charged over 50.00, and you want to see an orange glow....I think she was just trying to make extra money. All I have to say is never again.

I used Loreal Preference too. Now that I'm completely gray,I go to the salon because my hair grows fast. I have to go in at least every 10 days to touch up the roots and it was too much trouble for me to do it at home.

the orange will come from either iron or chlorine in the water. I ahve always used it and my stylist loves how it ocmes out.

I do mine own too. Either Nice & Easy or some other name brand.

A girl I work whose (is that the correct word?) mother is a hairdresser told me that her mother said the box is just as good as the salon if not better.

She said just do it yourself & I am due soon since I have more grays appearing each day.

Oh & do gray hairs grow faster then the non-grays? They must since my hair has not grown 2 inches since I colored it a few weeks ago.

I use preference also for overall color but then have my stylist do the highlights. She charges $40 for the highlights. Are you coloring every six weeks? Also you should just apply to the roots for 20 minutes and extend to the end for only the last 10 minutes (this is what my stylist rec). You might be frying your hair?

Monica

I've been using Excellence Creme by Loreal for over 6 months now and I love it! Only $7 a box, no-drip creme so it's easy, and it covers grey! Better than spending $45 for a salon color every month.

I use L'oreal preference or Feria and have for years. It must look ok, because most people are surprised if I tell them I color my hair. I use the Caramel Blonde or Cashmere Blonde.

I always use Clairol Nice & Easy and it gives a very good natural looking color. And my hairdresser always says she is in awe of how good condition my hair is when it comes time for a trim, because home color usually dries out the hair. This brand doesn't, not for me anyways. I do make sure to use the conditioner they give you regularly.

I've had success with Garnier Nutrisse. My husband thinks I do a better job coloring my hair than the salon. My hairdresser also said it was a nice color on me and why spend a fortune when I could do it for about $7. I have brown hair, turning gray, and one word of advice my sister gave me when I was choosing a color was not to use a color that had ash in it. She said this would turn my hair orangey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter