Storage of Infant Carrier Seat?

sif

Raising 2 Toy Story Fanatics
I just posted this question in another thread, but it may not get particularly noticed there, so I thought I'd start a new thread as well....

We will be taking our 3 kids (5, 3 and 5 mos.) to WDW. I think we have decided to rent a double stroller for the older boys and to bring our good single stroller for the baby. She still uses the infant carrier that snaps into the car and snaps onto the stroller. But there may be times (nap times) during the day where she may be more comfortable laying down in the stroller with the seat reclined (not in the infant carrier). I was wondering if there was somewhere to leave the bulky infant carrier seat while she is napping in the stroller. I thought about the lockers, but it seems from info I've read on other threads that the lockers will not be big enough. Any thoughts or ideas anyone?

personally i would not have a baby in an infant seat all day in the parks, i have read it is not good for them and the less time spent in one, the better.

i would leave the seat at your hotel and just put her in the stroller.

I have to agree with the previous poster - the less time in the infant carseat the better. Recent studies have found them to be stressful on babies back and lungs.

If you have a full size reclining stroller then use that for baby - look into an umbrella to clip on in addition to the sunshade.

Since you can't bring the stroller into the lines or on attractions consider using a sling or snugli for baby. We did this until the girls were 20 mos or so and it was a lifesaver. DH or I just wore baby through the lines and even on the attractions.

I can't find the links to the studies about the carseat carriers - they originated in the UK and now are being studied here in the US.

TJ

Thanks for the comments. We are also bringing a baby bjorn carrier, and the baby will spend quite some time in that as well, since she really likes it. As for the infant carrier, in fact, I would prefer to leave it in the car altogether as you suggest. My wife is concerned that the baby will not be comfortable sitting in the stroller, since she's not able to sit up yet. We'll try it on a nice long walk this weekend and see. The other advantage to not bringing the infant carrier into the park is that our 3 yr old can still fit into the more comfortable full-size stroller for times when rental stroller is uncomfortable and baby is in sling.

Thanks.

Sounds like a good plan! You'll also be able to use the big stroller for your 3yo when walking back to the hotel at the end of the day.

Does your stroller have various recline positions? If so, you can have the baby propped up a bit in a semi-recline and she should be fine even though she can't really sit up.

T&B

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know, we never did have a carseat/stroller combo for our ds. Sometimes I would have liked it because that way he is facing me or dh when we're pushing the stroller, but other than that he sat just fine in the stroller we have, facing forward. It never did seem to bother him. Before he could sit up on his own, we just reclined it and he was just fine. The five-point safety harness was actually too big, but even that didn't present a problem. If your afraid your dc is not secure enough, you can always use one of those car seat inserts for around her head, or roll up some receiving blankets to place along side her to help keep her from sliding around in the stroller seat.

HTH and have a magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter