Storage for items while on rides?

Sun Lover

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW for five days starting May 22 and I have one son who is susceptible to problems with the heat, such as dehydration and passing out. I would like to bring one of those little battery operated fans that you fill with water and the fan is like a mister to cool you off but I'm worried about being able to store it somewhere when we go on rides. I'm sure some of the coasters must have cubbies or lockers for storage, but how would I find out which rides have storage available and, if not, what could I do? If anyone has been to any of the parks recently and can offer suggestions, it would be great. Thanks.

I love this topic.

I'm assuming you don't have a huge bag. We use fanny packs and/or a medium sized backpack.

All the rides, even the coasters, have storage for your items either on the seat in front of you or under your own seat. You never have to leave your items behind on the platform. We have never lost anything on a ride.

Disney does a great job with this. :thumbsup2

There are also lockers at the front of each park. I have never used them because we store our stuff on the rides with us.

I can describe each kind of storage it you want it. For example; EE and RnRC have net bags.

They have lockers at Disney but not at every ride. The only ride that has storage area I believe is the water ride in Animal Kingdom..the name escapes me at this time.
I don't know how old your son is but if he is still young (8 yrs old is the last time my daughter rode in a stroller at Disney) I would take or rent a stroller...for several reason...One he can keep the sun off of him with the stroller canopy and hold his misting fan while he is riding and instead of walking everywhere will also keep him from getting exhausted AND you can keep your stuff in the stroller- just not in plain site in the stroller.
Maybe someone else can give suggestions on how they keep their belongings when you don't have a stroller. Have a great trip.

Duh....you can see how much I pay attention...We've been 8 times and I didn't know they had storage areas on the rides...we have always had a stroller.

There's a gadget called the Handy Cooler that will lower the air temperature, think your personal a/c unit, you can purchase. However, don't bother if the humidity is high, which in Florida it's guaranteed to be up there.

I bought one, then finally found where they would show how the humidity affects how cool it'll be. At 90 degrees and 90% humidity you'll only experience the temp dropping about 3 degrees.

If you were going to be somewhere with low humidity this would be an awesome gadget. For me the temp difference just didn't seem worth it. Now, I just have to hope they'll refund my money, otherwise I'm stuck with it.

Can anyone suggest where and what type of fan I should get? I read a couple reviews online that said they didn't put out much air flow and didn't hold up well. Also, I would want it to be small, so it can easily be carried around all day.

Bed, Bath & beyond has a great fen that we loved during our trip, do not know the name brand, but they carry it.... also side tip: for staying "hydrated", did you know you can go to any counter service place that serves fountain soda and ask for a free cup of "Ice" water. Always has been a great way to help make sure the kids get plenty of water and not have to use or find the water fountains.

After a really hot week at Disney Apr. 30-May 8, we finally broke down and bought Disney's mister fan in the parks. It was the best $16 we spent the whole trip.

I've never been on a ride at Disney that didn't have a place for you to hold your items whether just on the seat with, i.e. IASW, Dumbo, or any of the kiddie rides, or in a net bag like on Space Mountain, BTMRR, EE, RnRR.

Graceesmom,

How big were the mister fans? Were they a pain in the neck to carry around? Did you fill them with water or ice and did it last most of the day? It sounds like something that we're really going to need, as temperatures are expected to be in the nineties. Thanks for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter