"Stop squeezing Mickey's nose!" - An October 2014 TR *COMPLETED!*

The pictures from breakfast are SO cute! I love that Jake's hugging in all of them! The puffed french toast is seriously amazing and don't blame you at all for going back for more! I'm glad it was a great experience :)

Glad that Characterpalooza worked out for you. I can just picture the scene with the ToT CMs as you are probably thinking "yes, yes, I appreciate you being into your role but I actually do need some information out of you!"

Love the interactions - I love when the characters play along like Aladdin asking if they went "over, sideways and under"

And really love the update about Jake's meets - he just looks so happy and I also really love when the characters interact with each other. What a wonderful memory!

Sorry to hear that 50's didn't live up to your expectation ... that is definitely one thing about that restaurant that you get a bit of the luck of the draw as to how good your waiter/waitress is and that can have a big impact on your overall experience. Sometimes I think they can sense if you want to really get into the shenanigans or not and perhaps with the kids being fussy he was being cautious? Oh well, definitely worth another shot in the future - maybe for lunch if you think the kids will be less fussy

Double bummer about not getting into Fantasmic! It is definitely a shame with how crowded it can get. One reason we did the meal package, just to ensure we got a spot, but even that was a bit hectic with getting to the section.

At least you got on TSMM and sounds like a nice evening with the pool and movie. Sometime things work out for a reason and maybe it was just best for everyone to have a low key evening that night

Wow, 45 degrees is cold - especially when you are used to 85! Sounds like a nice morning and glad to see they still do the morning show even though the train was down. Those are great pictures with the sword - He so wanted to pull that sword loose!

I think all younglings love IASW .... just so much stimulation in there but then the repeating song provides a bit of comfort - really is a perfect ride for them!

So you didn't say ... did you like the puffed french toast? ;) Seriously, that stuff is the best! We have always done a pre-park opening ADR for CP but doing a late breakfast like you did seems like a great idea as you get to see the morning show (we have never seen it) take care of some Fantasyland stuff and then have a big late breakfast/early lunch so you probably only then need a snack for lunch!

Love the pics of the boys bouncing with Tigger! :goodvibes

BTW - hope things worked out with all the planning for the December Trip ... I think you may have been able to book flights and perhaps ADRs by now as well

we headed over to our 10:30 ADR at Crystal Palace!

I think our breakfast there this trip is at the same exact time. A new time for us. We have always done an 8:05 reservation. We love this place though. It is our every trip tradition.

Seriously, I'm not sure we saw a single cloud in the sky the entire trip.

That is great!

Much better than having to wake a sleepy boy!

Been there. Love that Disney understands this. We had to roll DS into Kona Cafe one time for the same reason and they were very accommodating to let us keep the stroller.

Who apparently wanted to put Nate and Colin in some kind of headlock?

That is a great picture! Hilarious.

They were so excited to see the characters that they ambushed them while the boys were still hugging and getting pictures.

A bunch of us here have probably been on both sides of this situation at one point or another. On one trip our DS was the one doing the ambushing while meeting Sorcerer Mickey at Hollywood Studios!

Just got done reading your report - you boys are just too cute!!! We were there the same dates as you guys last year. Looks like your trip was just amazing, filled with lots of pixie dust :) We have 50's Prime Time reserved for this years trip and I hope that we have good luck there with a fun server - that's the whole reason I'm booking it - I'm sure that was a letdown that yours didn't do anything "fun"!!! And I totally understand about the Jedi training - DS was so unsure of doing it - the only thing that pushed him up there was two of his friends did it with him.

And yay - how exciting to be going again!!! Nothing like a new countdown to perk you up!!!

Great update; fun pictures of the boys with Pooh and friends (and especially my Tigger).

But an important note for you next time: YOU NEVER SHARE YOUR PUFFED FRENCH TOAST...it's ALL yours. :) You are welcome.

All caught up!

Loved that Characterpalooza you got to! (Sadly, we did not experience one). So much fun and the boys just looked like they were having a blast. I love how interactive the characters were too.

Sorry you didn't get the full '50's experience. I've been twice now and the first guy only made a couple half-hearted comments about not putting elbows on the table, but the second gal was more into the role. It was pretty fun.

Bummer on missing Fantasmic. I was really confused when we went, as they were announcing standing room only well before we entered (we had the dinner package) and there were a lot of seats open when we got there. And it didn't seem like they were only for package people, though I may be wrong. I didn't notice anyone standing. :confused3

Huh, never thought about how they do the welcome show when the train is down. :scratchin

I like the idea of doing a late breakfast/early lunch at CP. I had thought about doing that this trip, but just couldn't fit it in. I love how Jake can't stop hugging - we had that sort of thing with Izzy too. Very hard to get her to look at the camera when she can be enjoying the embrace of her "friends."

And of course, I took this shot of the castle. Because, perfection.

My house! I wish. :tongue: I agree that even with the construction its a beautiful sight to behold.

One of my favorite things about our wait at Crystal Palace was the hot chocolate outside! If you remember, the temperature had dropped by about 20 degrees and we were armed with bath towels for blankets. So the hot chocolate was a welcome sight for us!

I love that they did that! I've read that they usually have flavored water and such but hot chocolate on a cold day is the best! Nice touch Disney!

Pretty soon after we sat down, Winnie the Pooh made his rounds! And the boys were ready for some cuddly hugs!

CUTE! DD loves Pooh bear too.

One of the biggest problems we had during character meals or meets was that Jake wouldn't stop hugging his new friend to turn around for a picture!

AWE! He's such a sweet boy. I love the hugging pictures.:hug:

Eeyore is my favorite Pooh character, so I made sure to get a picture too!

Eeyore is my mama's favorite too; hes adorably gloomy she says. That little Jake is a handful, literally it seems:laughing:

The kids you see in the background were from the table next to use. They were so excited to see the characters that they ambushed them while the boys were still hugging and getting pictures. The parents always came and scooped them up so it totally didn't bother me. I can understand how hard it is for them to wait.

I'm glad you guy were kind and understanding, I know a lot of folks aren't (which baffles my mind, I mean they're kids :confused3) but I'm glad their folks didn't just let the kids take over your time.

We had a pretty long break at this point...which means more PFT! The boys really loved that stuff. And it's so light and fluffy that you don't realize how much you've eaten!

Ya know, I've never had it. The last time I was in CP I was not feeling well and didn't eat any. I feel like it shall be my demise come September. :faint:

Finally, we got a glimpse of the boy's favorite - Tigger!

And of course, they had to bounce with Tigger!

Such cute pictures!!:tigger:

What gorgeous weather! And I love that castle photo! :eek:

The boys with all the characters are so cute! :cutie:

Breakfast Lasagna and Puffed French Toast! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

The pictures from breakfast are SO cute! I love that Jake's hugging in all of them! The puffed french toast is seriously amazing and don't blame you at all for going back for more! I'm glad it was a great experience :)

Crystal Palace is going to be a must do for us for future trips, I think! At least until the boys get older and maybe too cool to have breakfast with Pooh and Tigger!

Glad that Characterpalooza worked out for you. I can just picture the scene with the ToT CMs as you are probably thinking "yes, yes, I appreciate you being into your role but I actually do need some information out of you!"

YES! I really did appreciate that they were staying in character but at the moment, with the boys whining in the stroller and crowds streaming past us, I was not enjoying the joke!

Love the interactions - I love when the characters play along like Aladdin asking if they went "over, sideways and under"

And really love the update about Jake's meets - he just looks so happy and I also really love when the characters interact with each other. What a wonderful memory!

I really enjoyed Characterpalooza! We got to meet some characters that would have been tough to see in individual lines across the parks. And Jake was really such a perfect age for meets. He treated the characters like playmates!

Sorry to hear that 50's didn't live up to your expectation ... that is definitely one thing about that restaurant that you get a bit of the luck of the draw as to how good your waiter/waitress is and that can have a big impact on your overall experience. Sometimes I think they can sense if you want to really get into the shenanigans or not and perhaps with the kids being fussy he was being cautious? Oh well, definitely worth another shot in the future - maybe for lunch if you think the kids will be less fussy

I think that was exactly the case - I can imagine we must have looked pretty exhausted and worn down by this point! Any maybe with older kids the game is more fun? I think we'll try again in a few years when the boys get the "joke" of going!

Double bummer about not getting into Fantasmic! It is definitely a shame with how crowded it can get. One reason we did the meal package, just to ensure we got a spot, but even that was a bit hectic with getting to the section.

I was really shocked that is was full so early in the evening! We're going to give it another try in December. HS will have evening EMH that day so I'm hoping we can at least catch the 2nd show. If not, I'm planning on doing the dining package next May!

At least you got on TSMM and sounds like a nice evening with the pool and movie. Sometime things work out for a reason and maybe it was just best for everyone to have a low key evening that night

TSMM was a hit with everyone! And a quiet night at the pool was really needed. Even with breaks, our days at the parks felt really long!

Wow, 45 degrees is cold - especially when you are used to 85! Sounds like a nice morning and glad to see they still do the morning show even though the train was down. Those are great pictures with the sword - He so wanted to pull that sword loose!

It was quite cold! Very hard to deal with after warm weather earlier in the week!

The morning show was a big hit with us! I'm looking forward to seeing in in a few months with the train working.

We watched a YouTube video showing a kid pulling in from the stone, which was probably a mistake in hindsight. Nate really expected that he was going to be the one to pull that thing out!

I think all younglings love IASW .... just so much stimulation in there but then the repeating song provides a bit of comfort - really is a perfect ride for them!

Small World is a hit with all 3 of them - there is no shortage of things to look at! My favorite is the drunk hippo, of course!

So you didn't say ... did you like the puffed french toast? ;) Seriously, that stuff is the best! We have always done a pre-park opening ADR for CP but doing a late breakfast like you did seems like a great idea as you get to see the morning show (we have never seen it) take care of some Fantasyland stuff and then have a big late breakfast/early lunch so you probably only then need a snack for lunch!

Eh, the puffed french toast was just ok...:rotfl:

We really liked the 10:30 time. I know we may want to do an 8:00 ADR at some point, but this time worked out really well for us. The boys are hard to motivate that early in the morning so I'm not sure how successful we would be making it to MK bright and early!

Love the pics of the boys bouncing with Tigger! :goodvibes
One of my favorite moments of the trip! :tigger:

BTW - hope things worked out with all the planning for the December Trip ... I think you may have been able to book flights and perhaps ADRs by now as well

Flight and ADRs booked! Now the wait for FP+ day...

I think our breakfast there this trip is at the same exact time. A new time for us. We have always done an 8:05 reservation. We love this place though. It is our every trip tradition.

10:30 worked out well for us - we have the same thing booked for December. Plenty of time to see the opening show, get some rides done, and have a big enough breakfast that we didn't need to stop for lunch!

Been there. Love that Disney understands this. We had to roll DS into Kona Cafe one time for the same reason and they were very accommodating to let us keep the stroller.

I really appreciated how accommodating the CMs were to sleeping kids! Every second of sleep helps!

A bunch of us here have probably been on both sides of this situation at one point or another. On one trip our DS was the one doing the ambushing while meeting Sorcerer Mickey at Hollywood Studios!

We were that family waiting to meet Buzz and Woody...and Town Square Mickey. The excitement is just too much sometimes!

Just got done reading your report - you boys are just too cute!!! We were there the same dates as you guys last year. Looks like your trip was just amazing, filled with lots of pixie dust :) We have 50's Prime Time reserved for this years trip and I hope that we have good luck there with a fun server - that's the whole reason I'm booking it - I'm sure that was a letdown that yours didn't do anything "fun"!!! And I totally understand about the Jedi training - DS was so unsure of doing it - the only thing that pushed him up there was two of his friends did it with him.

And yay - how exciting to be going again!!! Nothing like a new countdown to perk you up!!!

Thanks for following along! :wave:

We loved visiting in October - great weather and the crowds were really easy to deal with.

Fingers crossed 50s Prime Time goes well - the food was delicious so I know that part will be great!

I'm hoping both older boys will be ready for JTA in May! :darth:

Great update; fun pictures of the boys with Pooh and friends (and especially my Tigger).

But an important note for you next time: YOU NEVER SHARE YOUR PUFFED FRENCH TOAST...it's ALL yours. :) You are welcome.

Crystal Palace was such a favorite! And I'll keep that in mind for sure next time. Sorry boys, fend for yourselves! :rotfl:

All caught up!

Really? Have you been busy or something? :rotfl2:

Loved that Characterpalooza you got to! (Sadly, we did not experience one). So much fun and the boys just looked like they were having a blast. I love how interactive the characters were too.

Characterpalooza was one of my favorite experiences. The boys had a great time and I loved that we met some characters that we would have had to wait in several individual lines for across the parks.

Sorry you didn't get the full '50's experience. I've been twice now and the first guy only made a couple half-hearted comments about not putting elbows on the table, but the second gal was more into the role. It was pretty fun.

I really think we were so tired and stressed that we wouldn't have enjoyed the experience very much. Maybe when the boys are older and get the "joke" more we will try again!

Bummer on missing Fantasmic. I was really confused when we went, as they were announcing standing room only well before we entered (we had the dinner package) and there were a lot of seats open when we got there. And it didn't seem like they were only for package people, though I may be wrong. I didn't notice anyone standing. :confused3

Hmm...interesting. Maybe they are just anticipating standing room or full crowds when they make the announcement? So I know to still give it a shot if we have the same experience in December!

Huh, never thought about how they do the welcome show when the train is down. :scratchin

It was still special but I'm excited to see the version with the train! Of course, we're going to MK on a morning EMH day and I've heard the opening show can be shortened...so that may have to wait until May!

I like the idea of doing a late breakfast/early lunch at CP. I had thought about doing that this trip, but just couldn't fit it in. I love how Jake can't stop hugging - we had that sort of thing with Izzy too. Very hard to get her to look at the camera when she can be enjoying the embrace of her "friends."

Loved out CP breakfast/brunch. We still got to see the opening show and didn't have to bother with a real lunch since we were so full!

The hugging was quite intense. Hugs at that age are really special - but I'm hoping we can get more than 2 face forward shots of him meeting a character!

My house! I wish. :tongue: I agree that even with the construction its a beautiful sight to behold.

It's beautiful at any time! But I can't wait to see it in a few months! The new hub looks so open and pretty! :goodvibes

I love that they did that! I've read that they usually have flavored water and such but hot chocolate on a cold day is the best! Nice touch Disney!

I've seen pictures of the citrus water (and hidden Mickey's made out of orange and lemon wedges! It looks so pretty!

CUTE! DD loves Pooh bear too.

All of the Pooh friends are favorites around here! What's not to love! pooh::tigger:

AWE! He's such a sweet boy. I love the hugging pictures.:hug:

He is very into the hugs still! I'll take that over him being scared of the characters any day!

Eeyore is my mama's favorite too; hes adorably gloomy she says. That little Jake is a handful, literally it seems:laughing:

Eeyore is just so cute! :eeyore:

And handful is the best word to describe Jake! He has been an adventure!
:rotfl2:

I'm glad you guy were kind and understanding, I know a lot of folks aren't (which baffles my mind, I mean they're kids :confused3) but I'm glad their folks didn't just let the kids take over your time.

Oh the boys were those kids a few times! How can expect them to hold back that excitement!?

Ya know, I've never had it. The last time I was in CP I was not feeling well and didn't eat any. I feel like it shall be my demise come September. :faint:

Yummmm...it can be addictive! But I think all the walking at Disney totally balances out any extra calories consumed. Super scientific math has proven it!

Such cute pictures!!:tigger:

Thank you! :goodvibes

What gorgeous weather! And I love that castle photo! :eek:

Are there any bad castle photos? And the weather was perfect - I couldn't believe our luck with all the sun and not a rain drop to be seen!

The boys with all the characters are so cute! :cutie:

Thank you! Seeing them meet some of their favorite characters was such a special experience!

Breakfast Lasagna and Puffed French Toast! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Love the puffed french toast (obviously) but the breakfast lasagna was not my favorite :cool:. I found it quite sweet and a little mushy. I'll give it another shot in December though!

This is my first Disboard post, but I had to tell you that I'm so glad I found your trip report!! We're taking our first trip this October, so I went searching for one from last October to gauge the weather and crowd levels. It worked out perfectly because my youngest will be the same age as yours was when we go, so you gave me a great idea of what things work and don't work with an 18 month old.

This is my first Disboard post, but I had to tell you that I'm so glad I found your trip report!! We're taking our first trip this October, so I went searching for one from last October to gauge the weather and crowd levels. It worked out perfectly because my youngest will be the same age as yours was when we go, so you gave me a great idea of what things work and don't work with an 18 month old.

Oh, you are going to have such a great time! October was a perfect time for our first trip! Great weather and low crowds!

I think one of the best tips I can give is to give kids time to run around at the play areas! It almost killed me spending park time letting them play at Dumbo or Honey I Shrunk the Kids but they loved it! And it made them much more manageable when it was time to stand in line!

Thanks for following along! :welcome::wave:

Loving your TR! Definitely following along!

Thank you! And thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Can I Keep these Glasses?

Yummy and sweet lunch at the Crystal Palace complete, we headed back over to Fantasyland.

Beautiful castle shot required, of course!

Sigh, isn't it perfect?

We had some extra time since our FP+ for Peter Pan was at 11:40. My mom wanted to check out some of the shops near the castle. We took turns entertaining the boys outside while we shopped around Sir Mickey's and Castle Couture. I really enjoyed watching some people play through SOTMK while we waited. It looks like something the boys will like when they get older.

And of course, I loved the Cinderella fountain!

We still had some time before out FP+ window expired so we decided a quick spin on the Carousel was in order!

I was standing with Nate during the ride and there were a few 10-11 year old boys on the row with us. The one directly next to us kept leaning over saying "Whoaaaa!" and was almost all the way off of his horse. They thought this was absolutely hilarious. I, of course, did not. Not only was it annoying in general but his bag kept hitting me in the head. I gave him my best mom/teacher look and he straightened up pretty quick! Hopefully that will work on the boys when they get older!

Next, we scooted over to use our FP+ for Peter Pan! We got a FP+ for this on each of our MK days - the boys are really into Peter so I knew they would want to do it every time. So this was our 3rd and final ride of the trip!

Our pirate ship awaited!

Blurry selfie shot with my partner, Nate!

And since we were in the area, why not one final ride on Small World? I know it seems to be a love/hate thing so I'll just go ahead and say that we love this ride! It keeps the boys entertained the entire time and it has a drunk hippo...what could be better?

Well, some of that love may have diminished on this final ride. Because we got stuck in the "Goodbye" room for a solid 5 minutes.

And I'm not sure if it's me or not, but does the song just seems SO much louder in this room?

But we did get plenty of time to appreciate the message in many languages!

So after the longest 5 minutes of my life, we left our last Small World adventure of the trip.

I knew it was about time to head out for a break but there was one more thing we needed to see in Fantasyland!

There was only a 5 minute wait so it was a perfect filler!

We really liked the posters in the queue!

Any my favorite one!

We grabbed our glasses and found seats. There was enough time for a few selfies first!

And Nate must have really liked the way he looked in those glasses because the first thing he asked when the show was over was if he could keep them. I informed him that he had to give them back so that other kids could watch the show too and he sadly but them in the bin on the way out.

It was time to head back to AOA for a break before our last MK night. We headed out to the bus stop and got back to AOA. We napped/rested and recharged for our night! There was still one FP+ we had to use, the most coveted meet and greet in all of Disney! And the best nose squeeze yet was coming!

Next up

"Oh, and he's squeezing my nose!"

Last edited:
Sigh, isn't it perfect?

It SO is!

I really enjoyed watching some people play through SOTMK while we waited. It looks like something the boys will like when they get older.

I have seen someone playing it on another TR. I really want to play it (and so does my SO which is odd cause he's very Eeyore :eeyore: about stuff) might have to make that part of our trip when we take DD for the first time!

I'm so glad she
s the Florida princess. Don't get wrong I love Aurora; she was my childhood fave, but Cinderella is like THE princess.

We still had some time before out FP+ window expired so we decided a quick spin on the Carousel was in order!

I love the carousel!

I gave him my best mom/teacher look and he straightened up pretty quick!

Grrrr, Many dislikes for children who behave like this. Tweens.

So this was our 3rd and final ride of the trip!

How fun! I'd love three rides on PP; but I dislike waiting 45+ minutes for it. :confused3

I'll just go ahead and say that we love this ride!

Me too!! :goodvibes

So after the longest 5 minutes of my life, we left our last Small World adventure of the trip.

OOF, that's rough.

There was only a 5 minute wait so it was a perfect filler!

I absolutely adore that show. I cry every time. :sad1:

There was still one FP+ we had to use, the most coveted meet and greet in all of Disney! And the best nose squeeze yet was coming!

Stop it! I can not wait to see this!

Sorry for finding you so late, but I just got alllll caught up! So many cute moments with the boys. :goodvibes It looks like they were really having a blast! I am so impressed with how much y'all were able to get done at the Halloween party. We are hoping to get to one on our upcoming trip this fall! Anyway, looking forward to the rest.

I love how Space Mountain is back there and so tiny compared to the castle!

I gave him my best mom/teacher look and he straightened up pretty quick! Hopefully that will work on the boys when they get older!
Good work! :thumbsup2

It keeps the boys entertained the entire time and it has a drunk hippo...what could be better?
:rotfl2: Sorry you got stuck in that goodbye room - I know we've been stuck there before too and every minute seems like an eternity.

And the best nose squeeze yet was coming!
Oooh, can't wait to hear about this! :hyper:

What a fun update.

It's always a good idea to take a ride on the carrousel. I don't get to do that unless we are on our girls trips. Good for you with your mom/teacher look.

I'm glad the boys enjoyed Peter Pan. You should try to plan it to hit that ride first next time as the new queue is awesome.

It's a Slow Boat to China...I mean It's a Small World. Yes, I'm in the do not like group. And you are right. When you get stuck at the goodbye it is VERY loud there.

Love Mickey's Philarmagic.

Sigh, isn't it perfect?
TOO perfect, omg! :cutie:

This is a gorgeous shot, too! Love it! :lovestruc

And since we were in the area, why not one final ride on Small World? I know it seems to be a love/hate thing so I'll just go ahead and say that we love this ride!
No love here. Just hate. :laughing: But my aunt is itching to ride it, I guess it and the carousel are the only two things she remembers from her one and only trip to Disney World when she was a little girl in the 70s. When I said something about her and my uncle riding IASW while I go knock out something she can't ride due to her motion sickness, she INSISTED that I have to ride it with her. :sad2: So. I'm getting begrudgingly hauled onto it in December! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter