Stop sending me these bands!

lotsohugginbear

Mouseketeer
I take a few trips a year and usually decline new bands. I did this for an upcoming split stay. Disney keeps sending me grey bands I don't want and did not order. Does anyone see the decline bands option in their MDE account? It seems like this disappeared when they added the spurious magic band upgrade. By the end of the summer, I am going to have three grey bands to deactivate. Help! Please don't say call them -- I am afraid that will only make it worse.

I can't find the decline option, nor the change address option. I wanted to decline 2 out of 4 MB's for our next trip and send the 2 ordered to my friend who is traveling with us. I was able to do all of this prior to the new page and MB updates and now it has all disappeared. Our trip is in a little more than a month, so I'm trying to be patient and hoping for updates prior to the MB's shipping.

I had declined bands for my split stay in May. The new system changed over and we had two grey bands waiting for us at check-in and two were mailed to our house while we were at Disney. I decided to see if the decline feature would work. I chose colored bands for our upcoming trip in July, but did not submit. I declined the bands on the on-line check. We just received the colored bands in the mail. :oops:What a glitch. Not sure how or why I still received the bands when I did not submit.

Trying to be positive...At least I did not get more grey ones.

We have multiples of each color band, and definitely don't want any more of the plain colored ones. Hope they have the premium ones available again before our December trip. It's kind of funny that they're sending people bands that they didn't order, all the while raising prices. Maybe if they quit sending out unwanted bands, they could save some money ...

Calling will surely make it worse. I'd guess you would, at the very least, end up with duplicates. :P

Not sure why you would think it would be worse with a call.

I chose colored bands for our upcoming trip in July, but did not submit. I declined the bands on the on-line check. We just received the colored bands in the mail. :oops:What a glitch. Not sure how or why I still received the bands when I did not submit.

There has not been a “submit” button in the past. If you go through the process of customizing, that’s what you’ll get.

And since it sounds like Decline isn’t working perfectly, it makes sense that you got them.

Not sure why you would think it would be worse with a call.

There has not been a “submit” button in the past. If you go through the process of customizing, that’s what you’ll get.

And since it sounds like Decline isn’t working perfectly, it makes sense that you got them.
That makes sense. Now I’m glad I did customize. At least no more grey bands.

Oh man this makes me mad, I declined new ones for our trip awhile before the upgrade option arrived. I never thought to check back, and just got an email that my new ones are on the way 🙄 I’m at least glad to see I’m not the only one that ran into this problem, but I’m upset at the unnecessary waste 😢

Oh man this makes me mad, I declined new ones for our trip awhile before the upgrade option arrived. I never thought to check back, and just got an email that my new ones are on the way 🙄 I’m at least glad to see I’m not the only one that ran into this problem, but I’m upset at the unnecessary waste 😢

This just happened to me for an Aug trip. I ordered special ones for the first and declined the second. I even spoke with someone to make sure. I just got notice that the second set shipped. Do I need to wear both to the park on the exchange day? I definitely do not want to.

You can go into MDE and deactivate the ones they shipped. I agree, it's wasteful. I also don't want to play MDE hide and go seek when Disney decides to move something in MDE. If I decline, I don't want to have to keep checking.

This just happened to me for an Aug trip. I ordered special ones for the first and declined the second. I even spoke with someone to make sure. I just got notice that the second set shipped. Do I need to wear both to the park on the exchange day? I definitely do not want to.
No, you only need one band. Doesn't matter which one. The bands are linked to your account, not a specific resort stay or specific dates.

Happened to us too in on our July trip. We had a three resort split. I declined all the bands when doing online check in. One set of gray bands was shipped to me and another set was waiting at the resort, which we didn't take. We got bands for two out of the three resorts.

I had a three resort Split Stay in May. I declined the bands, but a gray band now shows in my looooong list on MDE. I deactivated it, but wonder what happened to the actual band. It was never shipped, so I assume that it was waiting for me at the GF (the only check in desk that I skipped). Did they recycle it? Throw it away? It just seems like a lot of unnecessary waste.

I am so with you! I only need a Magic Band every couple of years. They work perfectly well. For my stay at AKL this Thursday, I did not go into the Magic Band customization at all. AND, I did online check-in and DECLINED the magic bands. Today, I get an email that my Magic Bands are waiting at the resort. What a waste!

It’s an easy fix on Disney’s part. But not only will it not get done, but if it is addressed, it will be a poor fix at best. There seem to be serious issues with their programming department. But hey, it’s just speculation on my part. It’s a waste of resources with all of these bands.

I take a few trips a year and usually decline new bands. I did this for an upcoming split stay. Disney keeps sending me grey bands I don't want and did not order. Does anyone see the decline bands option in their MDE account? It seems like this disappeared when they added the spurious magic band upgrade. By the end of the summer, I am going to have three grey bands to deactivate. Help! Please don't say call them -- I am afraid that will only make it worse.

Are you checking in online? That is where I was able to find our decline and address change options. We have one of every color now plus a set with our APs, so I definitely don't need anymore. :)

We originally had declined bands for our upcoming August trip, but when the option disappeared (as far as I could tell) we ordered 2 colored bands, because I did not want to get grey. The order was confirmed for the 2 colored bands and they will be arriving this Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter