Stop hogging all the H2O!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, they do know that some people will hide full or partially used bottles so they can get more and take them all home. Unfortunately, they do have to factor that in their prices.

So simple. The products are provided for your use in the cabin. Hiding a full one in your drawers/luggage so you can have extras to take home is wrong. That's why you're hiding it.

Inexpensive for Disney, of course. Do they expect that some people will do that, yes. Lots of people do it, yes. Not as dishonest as stealing other things, such as silverware, I guess there are degrees of dishonesty. A small thing in the big scheme, yes. Plenty of reasonable sounding rationalizations for getting extras to take home.

Would we take home a partially used tube instead of throwing it away? I think so, though not yet. Would we figure out some way to get extras to take home? Of course not. Disney bends over backward to treat us right, and we try our best to return the favor and mutual respect.

Awesome post! :flower3:

Dang, I’m still trying to decide to take a DCL cruise and when. If we do take a DCL cruise one day, I’ll have to check this stuff out. My daughter and I have long thick hair and if it is the same size as at the resorts, we would use a whole tube on one wash, but need to shampoo after each visit to the pool. My son uses a special shampoo for dry scalp. My children have really dry skin as well so we usually bring our own of everything in larger quantities. This stuff must be awesome though.

Long thick hair has its own characteristics that require specialized product -- I would still haul my own stuff, and if the H2O products work, fine, but if not, you'll have your own tried and true reliable shampoo and conditioner. H20 is good quality, but that doesn't mean I'll abandon my own shampoo (dry scalp.)

In addition to being in chlorinated pool water and salt water, when you cruise you also have to deal with humidity, so any hair product that you know will tame the long locks, bring it!

Dang, I’m still trying to decide to take a DCL cruise and when. If we do take a DCL cruise one day, I’ll have to check this stuff out. My daughter and I have long thick hair and if it is the same size as at the resorts, we would use a whole tube on one wash, but need to shampoo after each visit to the pool. My son uses a special shampoo for dry scalp. My children have really dry skin as well so we usually bring our own of everything in larger quantities. This stuff must be awesome though.
You might be surprised. I thought the shampoo was not great. It made my hair feel dry and the conditioner actually seemed to make my daughter's hair more tangled and frizzy. We're going to bring our own shampoo next time.

I will however continue to take the lotion because I am classless and immature and without people like me the non-lotion-takers will have no one to feel superior to. :wave2:

IMHO.... If they did not want you to take the little bottles, they would simply install a wall dispenser...

I will however continue to take the lotion because I am classless and immature and without people like me the non-lotion-takers will have no one to feel superior to. :wave2:

;)

Heading away for the weekend, can't wait to see what sort of products the hotel has so I can hog them, if they're any good I'll be sure to add them to my collection at bring home :wave2:

I am guilty, there I said it. However, when at least on 4 or 5 occasions out of 13 cruises on DCL when the stateroom host or hostess offers to give us extra is that stealing? They pay peanuts for the stuff. There's a little inside joke in our family that's it's time for another cruise when we're almost out of shampoo.:thumbsup2

LOL. Just so everyone knows, now H2O ads are showing up at the top of my DIS page. So, I think this debate is actually helping them sell product. Everybody wins!

I've used this thread to introduce my DH to The Dis.

He's found this thoroughly educational and extremely entertaining

:rotfl2:

As you were

:stir:

I never get extras either :( One time I asked because we ran out, stateroom host said "it is available for purchase in the shops."

WHAT!?!?!?!? That would have warranted a trip to Guest Services for me!!!

On my 1st cruise, I fell in love with the H2O products... On the last night, I asked my room steward if I could maybe have 1 more of each to bring home... he handed me 5 of each tube... I said it was too much, and he shrugged and said that it wasn't a big deal, he gives ppl extras all the time, and that I should take them and enjoy them...

I think there are far worse things in this world to get worked up into a lather about... <--- see what I did there... :rotfl2:

IMHO.... If they did not want you to take the little bottles, they would simply install a wall dispenser...

Yeaaaaa! Done.

Oh wait....here comes 'another use for bringing zip lock bags'. :lmao:

I love my little shampoo bottle with the Mickey's ear. I gave one to my nephew in a Christmas stocking and my sister-in-law tells me he makes her fill that lil itty bity thing with his shampoo. Over and over. ;)

At first this thread had me shaking my head.

Now I can't stop laughing. I'm loving all the humorous answers :lmao:

Lol! So did I!!

:wave2:

:rotfl2:

The tap water is good onboard. I'm sure some fill up jugs of that and take it home too. :lmao:

That thread will be next month. ;)
:wave2: Or leaving the ship with wet hair...

We just bought insulated water bottles to fill with H2O for our excursions. I refuse to pay for bottled water when I can get it from the tap.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Same here :thumbsup2

the postage to oz is criminal....we pay more for postage than for the products....so of course we are going to take extras, as allowed under the mickey code of passage...he wants us to take them....cause he loves us:thumbsup2

Thank you mickey for your yummy body lotion and fragrant shampoo...:flower3:

We love you Mickey and your gorgeous and generously sized samples of shampoo and stuff :goodvibes

I cannot wait to get on my cruise and try this stuff. If there is such a fight over it, it must be an awesome product, right?? At The Grand Californian, they have H2O products. I wasn't impressed. I still took them home...

I'm in love with the body butter. I used it earlier on my hands and I am thinking of our next cruise pixiedust:

I've been to places with those in them! They're awful :scared: BTW - my MIL has one installed in her shower because she's seen them in her travels and thought they looked 'neat' :crazy2:

Yeaaaaa! Done.

Oh wait....here comes 'another use for bringing zip lock bags'. :lmao:

I love my little shampoo bottle with the Mickey's ear. I gave one to my nephew in a Christmas stocking and my sister-in-law tells me he makes her fill that lil itty bity thing with his shampoo. Over and over. ;)

Ziplock bags! Yes! Great idea ::yes::

We tipped our cabin steward $10 for some extra toiletries and got a half a bin liner bag full of them, including some of the after sun gel that the regular cabins don't get :goodvibes

I thought these forums were for giving each other tips and encouragement...Ohhh right, I have learnt that I need to make room in my bathroom cabinet for extras...

PS. I confess that I have a sample of toiletries from each of the Disney parks worldwide. The best by far is Tokyo - the Disney hotel has a Seven Dwarf theme! Omgosh a Doc toothbrush...the products themselves are okay but not as nice as my usual shampoo.

I was on a trip with three tween girls and we ran out of shampoo on day one. I called the front desk for more and they brought me a bag of dozens of shampoos, conditioners, shower gels and mouth wash. I told the houseman I only needed the shampoo and he insisted I take it all. :goodvibes
For what it cost a hotel/cruise line to buy these (pennies) and the advertising they and the manufacturer get from you looking at the product (priceless), I think it's a win/win situation when you take it home. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter