Stop hogging all the H2O!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by the_bUg, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_bUg

the_bUg Mouseketeer

Awesome post! :flower3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. luvmy2babies

luvmy2babies DIS Veteran

Dang, I’m still trying to decide to take a DCL cruise and when. If we do take a DCL cruise one day, I’ll have to check this stuff out. My daughter and I have long thick hair and if it is the same size as at the resorts, we would use a whole tube on one wash, but need to shampoo after each visit to the pool. My son uses a special shampoo for dry scalp. My children have really dry skin as well so we usually bring our own of everything in larger quantities. This stuff must be awesome though.

4. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Long thick hair has its own characteristics that require specialized product -- I would still haul my own stuff, and if the H2O products work, fine, but if not, you'll have your own tried and true reliable shampoo and conditioner. H20 is good quality, but that doesn't mean I'll abandon my own shampoo (dry scalp.)

In addition to being in chlorinated pool water and salt water, when you cruise you also have to deal with humidity, so any hair product that you know will tame the long locks, bring it!

5. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

You might be surprised. I thought the shampoo was not great. It made my hair feel dry and the conditioner actually seemed to make my daughter's hair more tangled and frizzy. We're going to bring our own shampoo next time.

I will however continue to take the lotion because I am classless and immature and without people like me the non-lotion-takers will have no one to feel superior to. :wave2:

6. Suger Mag

Suger Mag MamaBear

IMHO.... If they did not want you to take the little bottles, they would simply install a wall dispenser...

7. becpee

becpee I see sock puppets

;)

Heading away for the weekend, can't wait to see what sort of products the hotel has so I can hog them, if they're any good I'll be sure to add them to my collection at bring home :wave2:

8. insureman

insureman DIS Veteran

I am guilty, there I said it. However, when at least on 4 or 5 occasions out of 13 cruises on DCL when the stateroom host or hostess offers to give us extra is that stealing? They pay peanuts for the stuff. There's a little inside joke in our family that's it's time for another cruise when we're almost out of shampoo.:thumbsup2

9. labdogs42

labdogs42 <font color=darkorchid>I managed to wrestle a play

LOL. Just so everyone knows, now H2O ads are showing up at the top of my DIS page. So, I think this debate is actually helping them sell product. Everybody wins!

10. becpee

I've used this thread to introduce my DH to The Dis.

He's found this thoroughly educational and extremely entertaining

:rotfl2:

As you were

:stir:

11. Dizpinfriend

Dizpinfriend Sarcasm, just another free service I offer..

WHAT!?!?!?!? That would have warranted a trip to Guest Services for me!!!

On my 1st cruise, I fell in love with the H2O products... On the last night, I asked my room steward if I could maybe have 1 more of each to bring home... he handed me 5 of each tube... I said it was too much, and he shrugged and said that it wasn't a big deal, he gives ppl extras all the time, and that I should take them and enjoy them...

I think there are far worse things in this world to get worked up into a lather about... <--- see what I did there... :rotfl2:

12. becpee

:rotfl:

13. labdogs42

labdogs42 <font color=darkorchid>I managed to wrestle a play

:laughing: :love: :laughing: :rotfl2:

14. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

Yeaaaaa! Done.

Oh wait....here comes 'another use for bringing zip lock bags'. :lmao:

I love my little shampoo bottle with the Mickey's ear. I gave one to my nephew in a Christmas stocking and my sister-in-law tells me he makes her fill that lil itty bity thing with his shampoo. Over and over. ;)

15. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

16. Scouter

Scouter DIS Veteran

SCORE!!! :thumbsup2

17. WanderlustNZ

WanderlustNZ DIS Veteran

At first this thread had me shaking my head.

Now I can't stop laughing. I'm loving all the humorous answers :lmao:

18. disneyfan888

disneyfan888 DIS Veteran

Thank you for this! :lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::hippie:

19. Marlea98

Marlea98 DIS Veteran

:wave2:

:wave2: Or leaving the ship with wet hair...

Same here :thumbsup2

We love you Mickey and your gorgeous and generously sized samples of shampoo and stuff :goodvibes

I'm in love with the body butter. I used it earlier on my hands and I am thinking of our next cruise pixiedust:

I've been to places with those in them! They're awful :scared: BTW - my MIL has one installed in her shower because she's seen them in her travels and thought they looked 'neat' :crazy2:

Ziplock bags! Yes! Great idea ::yes::

We tipped our cabin steward $10 for some extra toiletries and got a half a bin liner bag full of them, including some of the after sun gel that the regular cabins don't get :goodvibes

20. ky71

ky71 Mouseketeer

I thought these forums were for giving each other tips and encouragement...Ohhh right, I have learnt that I need to make room in my bathroom cabinet for extras...

PS. I confess that I have a sample of toiletries from each of the Disney parks worldwide. The best by far is Tokyo - the Disney hotel has a Seven Dwarf theme! Omgosh a Doc toothbrush...the products themselves are okay but not as nice as my usual shampoo.

21. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

I was on a trip with three tween girls and we ran out of shampoo on day one. I called the front desk for more and they brought me a bag of dozens of shampoos, conditioners, shower gels and mouth wash. I told the houseman I only needed the shampoo and he insisted I take it all. :goodvibes
    For what it cost a hotel/cruise line to buy these (pennies) and the advertising they and the manufacturer get from you looking at the product (priceless), I think it's a win/win situation when you take it home. :thumbsup2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.