Stop and Smell the Roses…But Watch Out for the Bees! July '12 It's a Wrap Folks! 2.23

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

Keith and Chris enjoying the moment...

IMG_0085.jpg

We meandered past Stormalong Bay and I got a few pictures.

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Then we reached the Yacht Club and decided to head back.

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

3:30am was a very long time ago and we had an early morning wake up along with lots of business to take care of prior to having fun! So we walk back:

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

Chris and Keith leave me as I took pictures but Madison was nice enough to wait up for me!!

IMG_0098.jpg

As most everyone knows, the resorts have movies every night and (at least at several) they have a fire with s’mores.

IMG_0099.jpg

The Beach Club’s is on the beach and several people were enjoying making s’mores! Sadly we never were able to see any of the movies during the week…just too much to do!!

A few more leisurely moments...

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

I am just not ready to give the night up!! So a couple more...

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Soon we are back to the car and headed back to Comfort Inn Maingate. It was time to rest up and get this vacation movin’!!

I love all of your pictures! You have some great shots of both your family & Beach Club.

I used to never really think that Beach Club that called to me. But, the more I see of it, the more I really want to stay there. It just looks really pretty.

I love the picture of Chris & Keith playing on the phones while waiting to be seated. That is so my husband. I swear one day I'm going to hide his phone from him. :lmao:

Sounds like it was a very nice night & a great way to start off the vacation! :thumbsup2

Yeah I have enough cajun in me (not really just raised next to them! :laughing:) that spices are a necessity for good food!!

You can be an honorary Cajun! :goodvibes

Isn't the Beach Club gorgeous? I think it's knocked off the Poly for the #1 spot on my "dream resort" list. So Madison wants to stay there for her senior year trip huh? Is that a hint to why you were asking hypothetical ADR questions, because you really have my curiosity piqued with that!

LOVE Cape May! I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed it too! That pic of Keith photographing his beer made me LOL. Such a stinker. Exactly something my DH would do.

OREO BON BONS!!!!! Aren't they heavenly??? I don't have much of a sweet tooth, especially for chocolate. However, I could eat those every day of my life. I love them!

Fantastic pictures! I especially love the artsy ones from behind the tall grasses. Isn't having a new camera fun? Even more fun is having it at a place like Disney with so many great options for cool pictures!

Can't wait to hear more!

Tell Mario Andretti that he better slow it down! This past trip, we saw people pulled over by "The World Police". Actually, I don't know if it was Disney police or County police but they were pulling them over left and right.

Dinner at Cape May Cafe looks really good. I've looked at the menu a time or two but haven't seriously considered dining there. Maybe that needs to change. :rolleyes:

I love all of the family pictures and pictures that you took around the Beach Club. The resort looks absolutely gorgeous!

I love all of your pictures! You have some great shots of both your family & Beach Club.

I used to never really think that Beach Club that called to me. But, the more I see of it, the more I really want to stay there. It just looks really pretty.

I love the picture of Chris & Keith playing on the phones while waiting to be seated. That is so my husband. I swear one day I'm going to hide his phone from him. :lmao:

Sounds like it was a very nice night & a great way to start off the vacation! :thumbsup2

You can be an honorary Cajun! :goodvibes

I really liked the Beach Club! It seemed to be a very relaxing place! I always seemed to have a negative view of BC and I have no idea why! I am glad I had the chance to look around and stop thinking that way!!

I don't know what we would do without our phones...we joked we would have to actually spend quality time together!! :lmao:

I love being an honorary cajun...thanks!! Now if I could just dance like one! :goodvibes

Isn't the Beach Club gorgeous? I think it's knocked off the Poly for the #1 spot on my "dream resort" list. So Madison wants to stay there for her senior year trip huh? Is that a hint to why you were asking hypothetical ADR questions, because you really have my curiosity piqued with that!

It is beautiful!!! I loved it!! Madison's trip will be 2014 so I have a little time to think on that one! So far I have a meal in the castle, Fireworks Dessert Party, a spa day and La Nouba, oh and Be My Guest on the possible plans for that trip!! Can you tell I am a planner?! :rotfl2: She has two friends who are possible tag alongs so I imagine they will be running around on their own a lot too! LOL Don't you love having a carrot dangled in front of you? :p

LOVE Cape May! I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed it too! That pic of Keith photographing his beer made me LOL. Such a stinker. Exactly something my DH would do.

OREO BON BONS!!!!! Aren't they heavenly??? I don't have much of a sweet tooth, especially for chocolate. However, I could eat those every day of my life. I love them!

It was soooo good!! I am glad we were able to work it into our plans! I will definitely plan a revisit. The oreo bon bons were delish!!!!

Fantastic pictures! I especially love the artsy ones from behind the tall grasses. Isn't having a new camera fun? Even more fun is having it at a place like Disney with so many great options for cool pictures!

Can't wait to hear more!

Thank you so much on the pictures! I loved having the chance to really play with my camera this trip! Of course as you saw Keith and Chris got tired of my playing around! :rotfl: I got some pictures I am really excited about and others that were a disappointment (at least a little bit) but I am loving the learning process!

I love all of your pictures!

Thank you so much!!!

Tell Mario Andretti that he better slow it down! This past trip, we saw people pulled over by "The World Police". Actually, I don't know if it was Disney police or County police but they were pulling them over left and right.

Dinner at Cape May Cafe looks really good. I've looked at the menu a time or two but haven't seriously considered dining there. Maybe that needs to change. :rolleyes:

I love all of the family pictures and pictures that you took around the Beach Club. The resort looks absolutely gorgeous!

:lmao: He was more like a little kid playing :car: and going vrooooooommmmm than speeding. The police were out in full force while we were there too! I have a friend whose husband brought home an unwanted souvenir a few years ago and we are so cautious when we drive....it was BIG BUCKS!!!! Speaking of which I saw on FB you are a criminal so I must get over to your TR to hear that tale!!

You need to try Cape May!! It really is worth a try!

Thanks on the pictures!! I was so pleased with a lot of them! (of course I can be impartial too since I took them! :rolleyes1)

[QUOTELet's play a "what if" game!!

Let's say you have 5 dining credits and 4 are taken (Hoop Dee Doo, Biergarten, and San Angel Inn) and the 5th was to be Ohana but the times are ridiculously late.....Last meal of your trip....Important factors are atmosphere is unique and food isn't that dainty little barely fills your plate stuff!

What would you chose from the following and why?

A. The Wave
B. Whispering Canyon Cafe
C. Coral Reef
D. The Grand Floridian Cafe
E. House of Blues
F. Rose and Crown

EDIT : This would be a couple dinner!!

Don't hold back!!!
][/QUOTE]

Hmmmm.....tough choices! I would probably choose a late dinner at Rose and Crown while watching the fireworks at Epcot. It's not that the food is better there than the other choices but I LOVE the EPCOT fireworks and it's a great place to watch from! I would love that memory for my last night.:goodvibes

So glad you enjoyed Cape May and your pics of Beach Club are beautiful!! We did a family portrait package when we were there last year and sad to say it was too cool that day to take the babies outside so we ended up taking all the pics inside. They have some beautiful rooms in the DVC villa entrance area. BTW, if you seriously want to stay there for Madison's senior trip, you should look into renting DVC points. Totally worth it!! Have you ever walked around the other side of the Boardwalk? There are usually street performers and lots of stuff going on. That's where we rented the surrey bike and rode all the way around the lake. Fun! Can't wait to read about your first full vacation day!!

Now that I can't help you with....it's in the blood. :lmao:

Well, my blood is definitely missing it!!! :lmao:

[QUOTELet's play a "what if" game!!

Let's say you have 5 dining credits and 4 are taken (Hoop Dee Doo, Biergarten, and San Angel Inn) and the 5th was to be Ohana but the times are ridiculously late.....Last meal of your trip....Important factors are atmosphere is unique and food isn't that dainty little barely fills your plate stuff!

What would you chose from the following and why?

A. The Wave
B. Whispering Canyon Cafe
C. Coral Reef
D. The Grand Floridian Cafe
E. House of Blues
F. Rose and Crown

EDIT : This would be a couple dinner!!

Don't hold back!!!
]

Hmmmm.....tough choices! I would probably choose a late dinner at Rose and Crown while watching the fireworks at Epcot. It's not that the food is better there than the other choices but I LOVE the EPCOT fireworks and it's a great place to watch from! I would love that memory for my last night.:goodvibes

So glad you enjoyed Cape May and your pics of Beach Club are beautiful!! We did a family portrait package when we were there last year and sad to say it was too cool that day to take the babies outside so we ended up taking all the pics inside. They have some beautiful rooms in the DVC villa entrance area. BTW, if you seriously want to stay there for Madison's senior trip, you should look into renting DVC points. Totally worth it!! Have you ever walked around the other side of the Boardwalk? There are usually street performers and lots of stuff going on. That's where we rented the surrey bike and rode all the way around the lake. Fun! Can't wait to read about your first full vacation day!!
[/QUOTE]

I had thought about that with Rose and Crown and the fireworks. Keith actually enjoys Illuminations but not Wishes although i now know why he hates MK.....but that is to come later!!!

Renting points will defnitely be the route I take! I have David's Vacation rentals but if anyone knows other reputable places to rent DVC points, please let me know! I am trying to investigate now so I am ready when the time comes to rent and pay up!!

Getting portraits indoors at BC was probably still pretty but I can imagine how much you wanted to have some outdoors too! The grounds are beautiful!

Another option is to get a later ADR at Bistro de Paris and watch the fireworks from your table!

Keith actually enjoys Illuminations but not Wishes although i now know why he hates MK.....but that is to come later!!!
Must be that purple (I purposely did not say maroon) MSU fever that makes him dislike MK! :lmao:

Renting points will defnitely be the route I take! I have David's Vacation rentals but if anyone knows other reputable places to rent DVC points, please let me know!
You can always peruse the DVC-Rent/Trade board here on the DISboards and rent directly from a DVC member.

Great BC pics! DW and I hope to stay there next year for F&W.

I'm joining in too! I was at FQ just after you (the 18th-23rd) and I'm missing it. You have some beautiful pictures of Beach Club, so I'm hoping you will have some great ones of POFQ too :)

Another option is to get a later ADR at Bistro de Paris and watch the fireworks from your table!

I have actually thought of that one but it was a brief passing thought! Maybe it is one to investigate!

Must be that purple (I purposely did not say maroon) MSU fever that makes him dislike MK! :lmao:

Sometimes it really does look more purple than maroon! ::rotfl: One day I will convince him completely...maybe!!

You can always peruse the DVC-Rent/Trade board here on the DISboards and rent directly from a DVC member.

Great BC pics! DW and I hope to stay there next year for F&W.

I will have to look up that board! Thanks on the pics!! BC is really pretty!!

Fantastic trip report!

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

I'm joining in too! I was at FQ just after you (the 18th-23rd) and I'm missing it. You have some beautiful pictures of Beach Club, so I'm hoping you will have some great ones of POFQ too :)

Those are some of our original dates before bumping the trip up!! Thanks so much on the BC pics! I am about to post on POFQ check-in so you will get the first of many (many!!) pictures!

Sunday, July 8

We were up and going pretty early (6am!) and eating breakfast by 7:15am. Breakfast was typical continental fare with scrambled eggs -- of which I did not partake since I am picky on my eggs but Keith said tasted like boiled eggs. He likes boiled eggs and proclaimed them good…I suppose if you like boiled eggs then these scrambled eggs will work for you! There was also waffles and sausage along with the cereals and pastries usually offered. I was disappointed that there were not any potatoes like we had in March. They were so good and I was hoping to feast on those!

A quick photo of the hotel before we move on:

IMG_0120.jpg

After breakfast we head out and make our way to Port Orleans French Quarter! Going through the gates again!!

IMG_0121.jpg

We arrive!!

IMG_0123.jpg

I had already checked in online at the 10 day mark so everything was good to go! The girl checking us in was so sweet and friendly! She is in the College Program and is from Clemson University and we had a nice little chat. We were given our building and room number and at 7:45am the room was READY!!!!!!!!

So that is where the first change took place. Originally I wanted to check-in, head to Epcot and come back to unload the car once we received the “Your Room is Ready” text. Well, since it was ready, we decided to unload now and then we could have all day for whatever! :goodvibes We had one other thing I called “business” to take care of before the 9am Rope Drop at Epcot—activating the tickets we had picked up from Keesler AFB. Note I said Rope Drop was at 9am!!

To our room we head!! We get back to our car and drive around to the parking lot of Building 1.

IMG_0125.jpg

When I did online check-in I had contemplated requesting a building but decided to leave it to the room assignment gods. The two buildings I did not want were Building 1 and Building 7….and we got Building 1!! :sad2: Since POFQ is so small, that was the ultimate reason I chose not to worry with a request. In the end the room was in a great location view wise and it took 5 minutes to walk to the front lobby. It was not bad at all! :cool1: Our room was supposed to be a Garden View. We did have a great view of the gardens plus a view of the Sassagoula River! Not too shabby!

Madison took over the camera at this point and took pictures in the room. Since this is one of the first times to really use my camera some pictures are good and some a little fuzzy….but you get the idea!!

We were on the 2nd floor, room #1236

IMG_0139.jpg

Of course you have to get a picture of the Mickey head!!

IMG_0126.jpg

And the angle on this makes the bed look so long and narrow! It really isn’t like this at all! The next picture shows the bed better!

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

The bathroom:

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Some of the details Madison thought interesting (sorry for the fuzzies! :))

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

We unload and do a little housekeeping before heading to the bus stop-like icing down the cooler!

Along the way more pictures thanks to Madison! These are from our doorway:

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

See...pretty good views!!!

Continued in the following post....

And more various pictures thanks to Madison as we walk to the bus stop:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Okay, now I have to say that Madison constantly makes fun of me for taking pictures of everything...every little thing but did you just see all of the pictures I posted that Madison took!!! Yep, she has little room to talk! :rolleyes: And I thought some were very good for her first try!!

We reach the bus stop and grab a bus fairly quickly.

IMG_0152.jpg

Soon we are entering the gates of Epcot!! :cool1:

How awesome that your room was ready so early! Too bad about getting Building 1, but the views were amazing!

Love all of Madison's pics! They make me miss POFQ (I was actually just pricing FQ and CBR for next June! Fingers crossed!).

I hope you made rope drop!!

It's so exciting when your room is ready upon check-in! :cool1:

Y'all had a lovely view! I enjoyed all of the pictures.

And :cheer2: for getting to spend the day at Epcot!

As I was looking through the pictures in the update, I thought "Madison likes to make fun of her Mama for taking lots of pictures but look who takes after her Mama." and then you said almost the same thing. :rotfl:

The view from your room and the resort itself look so pretty!

How awesome that your room was ready so early! Too bad about getting Building 1, but the views were amazing!

Love all of Madison's pics! They make me miss POFQ (I was actually just pricing FQ and CBR for next June! Fingers crossed!).

I hope you made rope drop!!

I was very excited about our room being ready! I was definitely NOT prepared for that so it was a happy beginning!! After I walked to the bus stop once I was totally good with the Building 1 location! So in the end it all worked out!

I love POFQ...and this trip really added my adoration for it! We will probably try something different next time though just to switch it up!

You'll have to see on Rope Drop....did we or did we not????? :rolleyes1

It's so exciting when your room is ready upon check-in! :cool1:

Y'all had a lovely view! I enjoyed all of the pictures.

And :cheer2: for getting to spend the day at Epcot!

The room being ready was very cool!!!! And the view was nice! It was so peaceful! I will have to let Madison know she has received a :thumbsup2 on the pictures! Thanks!! I LOVE Epcot!!! So I was looking forward to the day.

As I was looking through the pictures in the update, I thought "Madison likes to make fun of her Mama for taking lots of pictures but look who takes after her Mama." and then you said almost the same thing. :rotfl:

The view from your room and the resort itself look so pretty!

That is hilarious that you thought that! As she was snapping away I thought about teasing her but decided to wait and have lots of ammunition!! :lmao: The resort is very pretty...I have tons of pictures to come in later posts!

I get to have Birthday :cake: at Disney World!!!!!!

I have to say I have the most amazing husband because I have a birthday in October and he is taking me to the Food and Wine Festival to celebrate!!! It will be a little after my birthday since we had to work around band, soccer and contests but who cares!! I am super excited!!!!!! :jumping1:

So now you all know why I played a "What if?" game!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter