• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stocking stuffers

Things I've done in the past:

small snacks / drinks that they like but I don't normally buy: beef jerky, small bottles of soda, flavored chips, lots and lots of chocolate (they love the 1lb Hershey bars)

toothbrush

toiletries: like others have said, Santa brings better stuff than mom buys. Mom buys Walmart brand, Santa brings Axe

Socks: same with toiletries, Mom buys Hanes, Santa brings Nike and Under Armour.

If they have a hobby, something small related to that. My oldest is a boy scout, so I always check the camping aisle for cute, small gadgets.

rechargeable batteries

phone or other electronic chargers

paperback books

Hotwheels cars

school supplies: cool pens and markers, mechanical pencils, gel grips, erasers, string bag

small tool sets

YIPEE!!! I think stockings are honestly my favorite thing to open on Christmas morning. I love all these ideas! :goodvibes

I do find that girls are super easy to fill stockings, boys can be a smidge harder, but still fun!

I do things like:
body washes
toothbrushes
floss
cd's (or Apple gift card)
beef jerky
fun socks
earrings
fingernail polish
guitar picks
random $5.00 gift cards
rolls of stamps for my son who doesn't live at home
car cleaning products
**sneaker balls (my kids LOVE these for sports bags)**
travel deodorant or hairspray for sports bags
cologne (not an expensive kind)
candy
keychains/lanyards
stocking cap/beanie
new ornament for the tree next year
Mascara or small make up products

I could go on and on! LOVE Stockings!

I have a 12 yr ds same ideas as others ... flarp noise putty, axe or bbw men's shower gel and deodorant, favorite snack/candy/gum/beef jerky or novelty size large candy. This year ds is getting large Resses target had on sale for $9. I have done hackysaks ,frisbee ,small balls before. Dvd or cd, Nike, under armour or Adidas sport underwear or socks, iTunes card, paracord or other novelty bracelet.pocket knife, compass,gloves,hat, word find or crossword puzzle book Spin brush toothbrush, k cups of hot cocoa, small book or novelty pens/pencils/erasers.... Check target dollar spot, front of book a million , tjmaxx, dollar tree ect..., after Christmas axe gift sets are discounted at Walmart so I buy for next year

YIPEE!!! I think stockings are honestly my favorite thing to open on Christmas morning. I love all these ideas! :goodvibes I do find that girls are super easy to fill stockings, boys can be a smidge harder, but still fun! I do things like: body washes toothbrushes floss cd's (or Apple gift card) beef jerky fun socks earrings fingernail polish guitar picks random $5.00 gift cards rolls of stamps for my son who doesn't live at home car cleaning products **sneaker balls (my kids LOVE these for sports bags)** travel deodorant or hairspray for sports bags cologne (not an expensive kind) candy keychains/lanyards stocking cap/beanie new ornament for the tree next year Mascara or small make up products I could go on and on! LOVE Stockings!

What are sneaker balls?

What are sneaker balls?

They are little tiny deodorizer balls that help keep the stink out of shoes/sports bags.

You're suppose to toss them inside your shoes to help absorb the grodiness...they really do work!

My kids toss them in their shoes, but also have a couple just rolling around in the bag as well.

Smelly sports bags are the worst. :scared:

They are little tiny deodorizer balls that help keep the stink out of shoes/sports bags. You're suppose to toss them inside your shoes to help absorb the grodiness...they really do work! My kids toss them in their shoes, but also have a couple just rolling around in the bag as well. Smelly sports bags are the worst. :scared:

I have one kid that plays soccer and another who runs. Sounds like I need to find these someplace. Thanks.

I saw a container at the Hallmark store that had 20 snowballs in it. I think I am going to buy it and put a bunch in our stockings. Then, we can have "snowball" fight. I think it will be fun. Later, I can stack them in a basket for extended family to throw at each other during our family get together.

I saw a container at the Hallmark store that had 20 snowballs in it. I think I am going to buy it and put a bunch in our stockings. Then, we can have "snowball" fight. I think it will be fun. Later, I can stack them in a basket for extended family to throw at each other during our family get together.

I picked up two sets of these at Lord & Taylor, of all places. (one dozen in each set). I'm planning to bring it to our family's get together on Christmas Eve as well! I think the kids will really like it!

Still working on christmas stuff but so far some of the items I have or plan to have for this year for my three boys:

earbuds
mini screw driver set (for opening those little battery compartments with the teeny tiny screws and for fixing loose screws on eye glasses - I got a set of six for $6.99 at the local hardware store)
allen wrench set - in both metric and english
SD cards
tablet stylus
playing cards
steam card
google card
candy
head lamp
duck tape printed in camouflage patterns
spray paint - middle DS loves to paint his airsoft stuff and make it new
life straw
cell phone covers
Comic books rolled into a tube
New toothbrushes
razor blades for oldest DS
a can of Monster for oldest DS

probably also a pocket knife or two or three

still working on other additional items.

ETA - I forgot I got theatre box candy and I plan to attach prepaid discount movie tickets for the local showcase movie theatre that I got at the grocery store.

I am going to try to do stockings with a theme this year. DS is 13 and I've found a ton of bacon items (bacon flavored toothpaste, bacon flavored floss, bacon jerky, Bacon band-aids). For DD (11) I'm doing a cupcake theme. I have cupcake toothpaste, band-aids, bath salts in a cupcake container). I'd like to find a few more things for each of them but I think they'll get a kick out of opening it!

I am going to try to do stockings with a theme this year. DS is 13 and I've found a ton of bacon items (bacon flavored toothpaste, bacon flavored floss, bacon jerky, Bacon band-aids). For DD (11) I'm doing a cupcake theme. I have cupcake toothpaste, band-aids, bath salts in a cupcake container). I'd like to find a few more things for each of them but I think they'll get a kick out of opening it!

What a fun idea! I stopped at Dollar Tree yesterday and picked up a few things for my nieces. The love the princesses of course, as well as Minnie Mouse, so I got them each a coloring book, a hair brush, a toothbrush, and one of those little washcloths.

For 12 year old DS
Mini lego sets
Paperback book
DVD
Infinity discs
Underwear
Mini M&Ms
iTunes card
Play station card
DS small disc storage case
Memory card for camera

Things I've done in the past:

small snacks / drinks that they like but I don't normally buy: beef jerky, small bottles of soda, flavored chips, lots and lots of chocolate (they love the 1lb Hershey bars)
toiletries: like others have said, Santa brings better stuff than mom buys. Mom buys Walmart brand, Santa brings Axe
Socks: same with toiletries, Mom buys Hanes, Santa brings Nike and Under Armour.

Exactly what Santa does in our house, he even brings POP TARTS!

I do things like:
**sneaker balls (my kids LOVE these for sports bags)**

Love this idea!

I am going to try to do stockings with a theme this year. DS is 13 and I've found a ton of bacon items (bacon flavored toothpaste, bacon flavored floss, bacon jerky, Bacon band-aids).

I have also found bacon salt at Wal-Mart. It is great on eggs, burgers and popcorn. Gives it just a little hint of bacon.

We also have huge stockings. Some things I am doing that haven't been mentioned, glow in the dark slinkys, Pringles (in odd flavors), the box of lifesavers, (DH and I both got those as kids), and chocolate covered apples.
I usually find unusual items at Tuesday Morning, World Market and Ace Hardware.

These are all great ideas! :thumbsup2

I found these at the Dollar Store:
Mini first aid kit
Tire gauge
Deck of cards
Hair accessories
Mini pack of Armour All wipes
Screwdriver w/ various tips

Obviously, I have older kids ;)

I have spent next to nothing on stockings this year. For my 20 year old daughter, most of it was free or very inexpensive. I have two travel size bottles of lotion from Bath and Body Works that were free with a coupon. I have a full size bottle of body wash from BBW that was free with any purchase so I bought a mini hand sanitizer for $1.75 to get the big bottle of body wash. I have two other hand sanitizers from BBW that I purchased 5 for five dollars. The remaining three hand sanitizers are going in her sister's stocking. I have two pairs of panties from Victoria's Secret that were free with coupon, no purchase necessary. I have some makeup samples from Pixi that were free with another purchase. I also have a pair of fuzzy socks I bought at Old Navy for $2.

For my youngest daughter who is 7, almost everything for her stocking was purchased at Target for 70 or 90 percent off after Christmas last year. She's getting a mini Christmas Barbie, a Rudolph puzzle, fuzzy socks, and a Christmas coloring book. She is also getting 3 mini hand sanitizers from BBW (part of the 5 for 5 deal) and a cute holder for the hand sanitizer that attaches to her book bag.

The stockings were inexpensive but it was fun seeing what I could get without spending much. We are going on a cruise in March so I wanted to keep the cost of the stockings down this year.

Just checking in for more ideas. I'm coming up behind for my son:( my daughter is easy. So far iTunes card, new wallet, large tube of m&ms, cookies and cream candy bar.

Stockings are fun. I'm done with the kids, but I'm still adding to my dh's.

My dd 14 is getting in her stocking
lip gloss,
eye lash curler,
areo perfume
2 nail polish remover
clarinet accessorys
manicure set
still need candy

My Ds 11
2 mindcraft mystery packs
attack on titan action figure (bought off ebay with no box)
call of duty dog tags
sponge bob legos
2 sponge bob mystery packs

My stocking has lipgloss and perfume.

My dh's stocking
Cowboys license plate frame
keychain tools
and several 50ct. .22 ammo.
I'll also add some trail mix and some packages of nuts and almonds.

hths

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter