Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

TheresaNY

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen this yet ?? It is suppose to debut late Spring 2009. ANy idea where it is going to be if it has not started yet?

Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is a musical stage show that celebrates Galaxy Day in the Tomorrowland area of Magic Kingdom theme park. Get ready to party with a high-energy dance troupe and a very special live video appearance from Stitch. Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is scheduled to debut late spring 2009.

A live broadcast of the Tomorrowland News Network, with your host Tip Trendo, is interrupted by a video transmission from Stitch, who has "borrowed" a space cruiser assigned to cover Galaxy Day—a special celebration where everyone around the galaxy celebrates everything worth celebrating.

Stitch is always up for a good party! Join Stitch, Tip, the singing Galactic Girls and some surprise guests for an out-of-this-world party filled with music and dancing. Learn some space-age dance moves and groove to old favorites and original songs with the intergalactic crew on stage.

Just because Stitch appears on a screen, don't think this show is the same every time! Stitch interacts with the audience, and every show is a unique experience filled with fun and surprises.

More Stitch at Magic Kingdom theme park

If you love Stitch, make sure to head over to the nearby Stitch's Great Escape! attraction and watch your favorite mischievous little blue alien attempt to escape from the extraterrestrial authorities

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/entertainment/stitchs-supersonic-celebration/

I watched some of it yesterday morning. Stitch is on the tv screen and can do like Crush the turtle, then stitch comes out and does some dancing. there are 5 characters on stage who are part of the show singing and dancing.

My personal thought was they built that big screen and spent all that money and they gave us this? we already had monsters laugh and we have talking crush and stitch has his own show.

yes they took the pirate tutorial way...someone's gonna tell me that stitch is still more important to folks all these years later than Capt Jack? I find that so hard to believe

like everything at disney it is worth doing once, odds are that will be enough for me

Touring plans called it the worst disney show ever. I think that says it all.

Its so lame because Stitch is a great character but they do such stupid, lame things with him like this. I think the Pirate Tutorial will be back when they open the pirate version of BBB.

Touring plans called it the worst disney show ever. I think that says it all.

I ignored their warning and watched parts of it on the YouTube link they provided. It was PAINFUL to watch! I can't imagine being forced to suffer through it in person. How could Imagineers produce something so bad? Think of root canals without the Novocaine. However, if you watch the video without audio it's not quite as bad. Definitely need the showtimes schedule for this disaster so we know when to avoid Tomorrowland.

I watched it today at MK and I was disappointed. I've seen Stitch Live (Disneyland Paris version) and I enjoyed that, but when I saw this one they have copied pretty much the same script but it's not as good because they have included pointless dancers? :confused3 I know they are still figuring out the glitches etc because today Stitch kept talking when the computer image froze and they didn't really know what to do! If it was like DLRP version it'd be so much better. Stitch needs a decent ride :sad1:

I watched it on YouTube and it looks like we'd be skipping it too....
It's a disappointment since we're huge Stitch fans!:stitch::sad2:

I saw a video of the Stitch show on You Tube.

By the looks of the video that I saw, it doesn't look very promising. I suppose I'll give it a chance and try to watch it live on my next visit, but quite frankly, it looks awful.

Its so lame because Stitch is a great character but they do such stupid, lame things with him like this. I think the Pirate Tutorial will be back when they open the pirate version of BBB.

At least you like stitch. I think he's terrible, so that makes it even worse that he's taking up two awful attractions. I watched that youtube thing - whomever produced that should should be fired!

I saw the you tube video as well and thought it was plain awful! It was very un-Disney like and something I would expect from Six Flags!
The stage looks out of place & I'm highly disappointed in the quality of this production-I really like Stitch (he resembles my French Bulldog & no she is not blue!!!).

I will be skipping it in September.

Everyone, please let Disney know how you feel about this! It's sad to see this in the park.

Thanks for all the replies. I hate to admit, I tried to watch the youtube video but could not make it all the way through the 2 minute version that I found. It does not look like it is 'something we would enjoy' - I guess is the best way to put " There is NO WAY that I will endure the 95 degree heat and sun to watch THAT in person. No way no how!". But I still appreciate the info. from everyone so I didn't waste time trying to plan on catching it !:worship::worship:

I'm glad I came across this thread. DD 6 really wanted to see this in September. We watched it on Youtube, well, I watched most of it, she left less than halfway through and told me to "cross it off the list" lol. :rotfl:

I'm happy we sat here in the comfort of our living room to watch it rather than sitting outside in the September sun for it instead. Ah well, one less thing to fit in this trip. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter