Stitch's Great Escape

Lol on the m**f...

Stitch scared my 9 year old the first time we took her to MK...it was also her first ever Disney ride! I'm ok with it ...everything except the chili dog. yUK! :scared1:

I have been to MK five times since then and I haven't rode since. We will probably sit through again this year...just for fun.

But, I agree, the laugh floor is a definite gem of future world!

Tomorrowland.

Um, I'm thinking maybe we were smart to skip this in the past?!

Maybe we should check out the Monsters Inc Laugh Factory instead?!

Let's compare...
Monsters Inc = fun, hilarious
Stitch = gross, disgusting, can't close soon enough

:rolleyes1

Stitch's Great Mistake...do it once so you can say you did, and then never bother with it again. I miss Alien Encounter. FAbulous attraction.

We refer to Stitch as 15 minutes of our lives will never get back.:lmao:

I made the HUGE mistake of taking my 4 year old DD on Stitch's Escape. She was absolutely HORRIFIED. She was trembling and crying as I carried her out. My wife wanted to smack me upside my head.......and she probably should have.

I made the HUGE mistake of taking my 4 year old DD on Stitch's Escape. She was absolutely HORRIFIED. She was trembling and crying as I carried her out. My wife wanted to smack me upside my head.......and she probably should have.

Agree - when we did it a few years back I saw a little girl who maybe was 5 or 6 and she was terrified then we saw them again going into the terminator ride I think it was and she was so scared thinking it would be the same. Definitely do not take younger kids to see it especially those afraid of the dark. It gets very dark and alot of the "action" is done while in the dark if I remember correctly.

I think the only reason they restrain you is to keep people from leaving mid ride, which I am sure many would do given the option.

Denise in MI

LOL. You may be right though. My six year old was ready to bolt when darkness fell upon us. She hated this ride.

Last trip we also tried to fill in all the blanks of things we haven't tried. Well, DD13 has now ridden everything (DD10 chose to sit out some things, and therefore a parent too, so I'm missing Stitch and DH is missing Space Mountain). DD13 and DH did Stitch because DH wanted to try. They don't feel the need to do that again. DD10 would probably have freaked out.

Monsters Inc however we did 3 times last trip and would gladly have done more. We noticed that the evening one we did there was a smaller group and generally just a more fun feeling. DD13 got her texted joke read and DD10 was shown as "Can burp the alphabet" which is true. We are just totally impressed with the way they can improv and react to the audience.

I'd skip it. It was the first attraction we hit in March, because of the short wait time. My DD didn't want to go on ANYTHING after we got out of there.

If you want to experience it, just take your kids into the bathroom at your hotel, turn off the light, pin them against the wall and have someone splash water in their faces. Oh yeah, bring in some noisemakers as well, and you've pretty well experienced it.

In my opinion, it is the worst Disney attraction in any park.

I'd skip it. It was the first attraction we hit in March, because of the short wait time. My DD didn't want to go on ANYTHING after we got out of there.

If you want to experience it, just take your kids into the bathroom at your hotel, turn off the light, pin them against the wall and have someone splash water in their faces. Oh yeah, bring in some noisemakers as well, and you've pretty well experienced it.

In my opinion, it is the worst Disney attraction in any park.

:rotfl2: Good visual, but from what I've heard, I think you forgot to add offensive odors to this plan?!

If your choice is Monsters Inc or Stitch, Monsters Inc should be your choice. We skip Stitch now. It's not worth our time, even with no line. We would rather spend even just 15 minutes on something more fun. Even if we had unlimited time, we would skip Stitch. However, we have done it before, both when it was Aliens and when it was Stitch. If you're bored and are going to people watch or do Stitch, then I vote to give Stitch a try once. After that, I vote to people watch instead. (My kids have never done Stitch so I'll give them the option once they're older. All three will be 40" by our next trip, but I see no reason to subject my kids to that until they're old enough to decide rationally. My oldest, at 9, is old enough to make that decision but we're holding off until all are old enough to make it. Our youngest is only 3).

*We did Monsters Inc three times during our last visit over two MK days. We've done it once during our other trips due to just one day at MK those times. Monsters Inc is definately worth it.

Have never done Stitch but have done Monsters Inc. twice and don't want to do it again. Maybe because I felt that our 2nd show was a repeat of the first time we saw it even though I knew it was supposed to change. My brother had been told a joke by the kid monster when he was wearing POTC mouse ears (That was our first visit to the show, he loved being on the big screen) and when we did it the second time they did the exact same joke only with another kid. That hurt his feelings.

I want to do Stitch just once since I love the little guy, but if I don't like it I won't do it again.

I didn't think it was worth our wait. And unfortunately it was the first ride i did on the first day of my very first Disney vacation, last year. Thank God it was really the only one i was dissapointed with. In my opion, If you miss it, you wont be missing much.

Agree - when we did it a few years back I saw a little girl who maybe was 5 or 6 and she was terrified then we saw them again going into the terminator ride I think it was and she was so scared thinking it would be the same. Definitely do not take younger kids to see it especially those afraid of the dark. It gets very dark and alot of the "action" is done while in the dark if I remember correctly.

The Terminator ride? :confused3

Have never done Stitch but have done Monsters Inc. twice and don't want to do it again. Maybe because I felt that our 2nd show was a repeat of the first time we saw it even though I knew it was supposed to change. My brother had been told a joke by the kid monster when he was wearing POTC mouse ears (That was our first visit to the show, he loved being on the big screen) and when we did it the second time they did the exact same joke only with another kid. That hurt his feelings.

Well, they are obviously going to recycle jokes. I can't imagine how they could possibly come up with an entirely new show every single time.

Stitch isn't as bad as everybody says. Like others have posted its more of a show than a ride. It actually has a decent story and is kinda cute. In addition the rooms in the attraction are dark and cool which can be a very nice break from the brutal Florida heat.

The animatronics are amazing and the sound effects crack me up everytime I go on it. It's definatly worth trying at least once.

And the verdict is....

We HATED it!! Sitting in the dark for that long, waiting to find out what was going to happen was just short of torture for us. We left the ride saying "never again". Sooo glad I convinced DD14 to sit in the back row (she went right for the front when we entered the chamber) so at least we didn't get spit on.

On the flip side, we went straight over to Monsters and really enjoyed it. Whew!

At least we can say we tried Stitch... :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter