• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stitched Mickey Ears website?

sweet maxine

DIS Veteran
Hey ya'll!

Does anyone remember the website that has the stitched Mickey ears you can personalize with anyone's name? I remember somebody gave us the link last year, but I guess I didn't bookmark it. I remember once you found the site, you type in your name and Goofy turns a crank and it "monograms" your name onto Mickey ears.

I know what your talking about but don't know the web site sorry :confused3 I printed some out but theres nothing on the bottom of paper. maybe someone else will know. :confused3

I'm not sure about Internet Explorer, but I have Mozilla Firefox installed. I got the "Thank you" screen with that link. However there's a place to click if you want to allow pop-ups. I told it to allow pop-ups from BigFoot Interactive & at first I got nothing. However, when I went back & clicked on the link again it opened a new pop-up window with the DisneyMatic machine!

OK - got it for Internet Explorer! :teeth: (I had to find out where I'd hidden it on my computer first. ;))

1. Go to the Tools menu in IE. (left to right it should be: File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools & Help)
2. Choose Pop-up Blocker and then "Turn Off Pop-Up Blocker"
3. Put this address in the Address bar: http:// images.bigfootinteractive.com/creative/2002/disney/apr/thankyou/flash/disneymatic.php?src=&house=&profile=504342128 But do not have the space between http:// and the rest of the address. I had to add the space to keep it from truncating again. :confused3
(I was having problems in IE with the truncated version in the post above for some reason. :confused3 )

I still can't get it to work it's still blocking the pop-up guess I will have to try it on my computer at home tonight and see if it works there

DizneyDogs said:
I still can't get it to work it's still blocking the pop-up guess I will have to try it on my computer at home tonight and see if it works there

OK - If you're using IE, do you also have another Pop-Up blocker installed? Like Lavasoft's Pop-up Stopper? If so, hold down the <CTRL> button (row below SHIFT on keyboard) while you click the link.

Also, after you go to Tools & tell it to allow pop-ups from BigFoot try opening a NEW window to paste the address into. Sometimes it doesn't take affect in the first window.

ahh that was the trick holding down the ctrl button, I would have never have figured that one out.. Thanks a bunch piratesmate!!!

Wow this is really cool :cool1: I got it to make my name but how do I save it to my computer. When I hit the right button the mouse it doesn't have the save picture as option. Can someone please help. Thanks

It won't display a full-sized image for you. If you don't mind having only the small image you could just hit the PrintScreen button on your keyboard & then paste it into Paint.

I've tried telling it to Print to File (in the Print window just under Select Printer area) but I've never been real successful at that. It's one area of computers that's always frustrated me. :blush:

Anyway, after you check the Print to File box click OK. That opens the Print to File window where you can name the file. You have to include the folder name when you name the file - otherwise you'll have to use the Search feature to find it again - since you can't "see" where it wants to put it.

This is where I lose it! The file is now saved in a format that your printer can read, but I'm not sure how to retrieve it. :confused3 No other program will read it.

piratesmate said:
It won't display a full-sized image for you. If you don't mind having only the small image you could just hit the PrintScreen button on your keyboard & then paste it into Paint.

I've tried telling it to Print to File (in the Print window just under Select Printer area) but I've never been real successful at that. It's one area of computers that's always frustrated me. :blush:

Anyway, after you check the Print to File box click OK. That opens the Print to File window where you can name the file. You have to include the folder name when you name the file - otherwise you'll have to use the Search feature to find it again - since you can't "see" where it wants to put it.

This is where I lose it! The file is now saved in a format that your printer can read, but I'm not sure how to retrieve it. :confused3 No other program will read it.

This is so fustrating. There is no program to open it with. Thanks anyway

Cajun Princess said:
This is so fustrating. There is no program to open it with. Thanks anyway

OK - I just Googled it to see if I could find out how to do it. Try going to: http://www.mrkent.com/forms/tools/prntofile.htm
The instructions may be too complicated for the average user - I don't know. They made sense to me, but I worked in the IT field for over 10 yrs. (I only ever did it once & that was probably 18 yrs ago! ACK!)

Anyway, see if that helps.

I can't get the page to open. I get 2 screens opening: 1 that says they are "sprinkling pixie dust" on my computer and 1 that is a yellow screen that says "Hope you enjoyed your DisneyMatic." The pixie dust screen freezes up at 20% and it just sits there..... :confused3

OK - You're supposed to get both of those screens. The yellow one sits in the background if you have your browser set to allow pop-ups. The pop-up window is where the Disney Matic machine shows up - after the pixie dust message.

It sounds like your connection is slow or too much is happening for your computer to handle.
How much memory do you have?
How old/slow is your computer? Do you know?
Are you using dial-up, cable or DSL?
What browser are you using? IE, Firefox, Netscape, other?

If you can let me know the answers to those questions I'll see if I can figure it out. I'm not sure if I'll be able to figure it out, but I'll try.

I have dial up and it is frustratingly s l o w !!

I have WIN98, 512 memory, and IE

I keep clearing out my cookies and trying again but it gets to that 20% and won't download any more. I may have to shut my computer down and try again later.

OK - Dial up is probably your problem! There were often things I couldn't get to open when I was using Win98 & dial-up. :( If you're up extremely early or late, you might try again then. It's possible that you could luck out when their site isn't busy & get it to download before it times out.

If you would be okay with the white version (coloring book type) of the hat I could print it for you, scan it & email the page. Unfortunately, our black ink cartridge is getting low so I'd rather not print it out in black. If you want me to do that for you, just PM me with the name you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter