Stitch....

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
Just my opinion, but what a waste. I am normally somewhat of a Disney apologist, but this one just doesn't cut the mustard.

It is basically STILL the same platform from the '70s Mission to the Moon attraction, but with a different theme.

It is my opinion that this area needs to be gutted, leveled, and totally re-built from the ground up.

That 'circular' room just has never yielded a prime attraction, yet the real estate it sits on is prime...

Your thoughts?

MG

MG, did you like AE? I never saw it, stayed with the kids while DH did. My kids love Stitch and look forward to seeing the new attraction, but I can understand people's dissappointment with this "recycled" show.

Have to agree. We checked it out today and while it was slightly cute, it was for the most part a big waste of time. I would put this attraction in the visit once every 3 years and then only if the wait is 15 minutes or less category.

I'm a fan of AE and was sorry to see it leave. It was my understanding that the theme for Stitch was to be predominantly similar with less intensity. Well, having just previewed it, I'd say that's about right. The animatronics are fantastic. My son loved the show and so did a whole slew of young spectators.

However, the seats are way too uncomfortable to handle. They were so bad they were a distraction. This was the first time I ever sat in the front row so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

The animatronics are fantastic.
Really? We thought some of the pre-show animitronics were decent, but once in the show, found the Stitch character to be just average.

We thought some of the pre-show animitronics were decent, but once in the show, found the Stitch character to be just average.

Really. Compared to what?

Not sure if this link is permitted but this is one of the best I've found so far: Just looking at the few shots taken you can see the level of ingeniuity involved.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/stitchencounter.htm

The Stitch animatronic will be 39" tall with 40 separate functions, and 350 individual components. It is said to be one of Imagineering's most complex and realistic animatronics ever produced.

Other characters from the movie will be included: Galactic Federation's Grand Councilwoman, Captain Gantu and Agent Pleakley, all voiced by the original movie actors.

New effects added to the theatre include smells.

Really. Compared to what?
It was average compared to most other animatronics I've seen at Disney. It may very well have 40 separate functions and 350 components, but it didn't show from where I was sitting. It's arms, ears, eyes and mouth move and it spins and moves around in it's one little tiny area and it spits a stream of water a few times, but none of that really had any 'Wow factor' to it.

Just looking at the few shots taken you can see the level of ingeniuity involved.
Ok...I looked. Which of those photos is illustrative of the ingenuity involved in this attraction?

the fourth photo. (second row - right)

Pretty darned realistic. I think the creator did an excellent job on this creation. I don't know what expectation you had regarding this attraction. I was looking for a big animatronic Stitch in place of the alien. Maybe you needed more than that.

Pretty darned realistic. I think the creator did an excellent job on this creation.
Realistic? Compared to what? A real Stitch or a real alien? LOL

I was looking for a big animatronic Stitch in place of the alien. Maybe you needed more than that.
I wasn't looking for more than that. It was a somewhat enjoyable attraction, but a 'big animatronic Stitch' is really nothing to write home about, nor is it more than a 'C-ticket' attraction at best and not worth more than a 15 minute wait...especially once you've already seen it. Just my opinion though...there are some who like everything Disney does no matter what and other who will find fault with everything they do. I'm somewhere in the middle...guess we'll have to wait for other 'reviews' to come in.

Heck -

I'm not lining up for another Stitch encounter myself either - but it has to do with my preference, not the quality of this attraction. I was a fan of AE because of the scare factor. It was pretty entertaining to my warped tastes.

This revision still has some of that but it's now this big cute plush animated feature Stitch character as the alien which pretty much takes all the flare out of it for this thrill seeker. But I accept that this attraction is geared for the rated "G" audience which really doesn't appeal so much to my veteran family. (with the exception of my son) and it's good to have that in Tomorrowland.

But honestly, we don't line up for several attractions at the magic kingdom anymore.

My wife and I went on the Stitch attraction this past weekend. We have DVC and AP so we got to preview it. There were many people trying to get in with their regular day passes and they wouldn't let them in. We walked right into the attraction with zero wait. Let me say the people who wanted to get in were not missing anything. This is a very disapointing attraction. It is not even cute, just stupid. I doubt we will ever go on it again. It is still not suitable for small children because so much is in the dark with loud noises. The chilly dog smell is just anoying. What a disapointment and waste of time.:(

I agree with PMC. I saw it two weeks ago. It's cute but that's about it. I can now say been there done that, but probably won't do it again except when taking visiting out of town friends who want to try it out.

I agree. Stitch did not have any redeeming features. There wasn't the type of creativity would appeal to really anyone; the story was illogical and seemed to just throw stuff in without any cohesiveness. It still gets dark (questionable for little kids) but not funny for anyone else (or little kids...). What happened to the type of creativity shown in Winnie the Pooh or Toy Story that appeals to kids but is also fun for everyone? Stitch completely misses the boat.
I had to get used to AE-it scared me at first. But I kept going-and came to appreciate that the story made sense and was logically put together. The attraction was first rate for what it was-scary! My kids loved it as well.
As an annual pass holder and DVC member I love Disney stuff, but have to comment when they don't live up to their capabilities.

Maistre Gracey, I agree.

I was disappointed in this ride
It seemed just as scarey as the Alien encounter...I saw several small children still crying as we were all exiting the ride through the store.

PLUS, I hate getting wet, smelling nasty smells, and having a hard bar across my shoulders! LOL (just getting old, I guess!!!)

I would not recommend this for small children

June

Hello Fellow Disney Fans,

I just preveiwed this ride this past Sunday. I have an AP so I got to walk right in. It is quite obvious that Disney recieved many complaints on this ride which is why they have now made it more bearable for younger children. Is it a favorite, no but its cute for what it is. I LOVED the original for the scare factor but so many children went on this and were scared to death. They are trying to please everyone but they can't so I would just chalk it up to another kiddie ride. Since almost everyone disliked it, I pose this question...."What would you have put there instead, knowing that you can't bring back the old show?":earsgirl: ::MickeyMo

I saw this too at the passholder preview. I would give it a cautious thumbs up, with room for improvement. I thought it was cute. There is a place or two where it kind of lulls, though, like where Stitch is trying to evade the plasma cannons, and all you can really see are the plasma cannons moving around or not, and Stitch's voice. I think a couple things could be added to spice this attraction up, like maybe a couple less sophisticated less expensive Stitchs that pop out of air vents on the ceiling and wave "hi", so you actually see something during the chase part of it. Maybe a couple more effects too, like adding a chair effect where Stitch crawls under the chairs to escape. Just adding a few more things during the slower parts might really spice this up and make it more popular.

It is basically STILL the same platform from the '70s Mission to the Moon attraction

I thought the Moon Mission attraction told it's story better than stitch does.

I too was disappointed. I can only assume that the imagineer's were shackled so tightly by management in what they could spend, what we got was the best they could do with what they were given. :(

I read over on WDWMagic that they may be messing up Main Street and possibly the Castle w/ graffiti for the press event tomorrow. That makes me mad. :mad:

I'm taking someone who has never been to the MK tomorrow and if it's all messed up by that stupid little monster, then I'm afraid my friend won't get a very good impression.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter