• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stitch leaving the Magic Kingdom - Confirmed

If you don't get it then don't do it. I get them and then send them to my little cousins. They love it especially when I do it in such a way that it is made out specially to them. It isn't hurting anyone and is just apart of the magic.
Exactly!!! The moment when Elsa signed my daughters autograph book was priceless...If. You. Dont.Get.It.We.Dont.care

Don't understand why you go then if this bothers you. I never understand why people complain about things at Disney. Being blessed enough to enjoy a vacation of any kind with your family is reason enough not to complain. If you don't enjoy autographs then don't do it but complaining about other peoplw doing it is rude.
This is just a miserable person... Dont let this person rain on our parade!

I'm probably in the minority when it comes to WDW fans (I consider myself one), but I couldn't care less about Stitch. Does he have fans? Really?? I assume this is why he's going away: he doesn't have many fans. I enjoy seeing any of the Fab 5 around the Park, and a few of the princesses, maybe a few others...

I'll double down: I don't get the "autograph" thing. I used to love seeing the characters walk around the park like they were home. Of course, you can't see that anymore because of all the stinkin' autograph hounds - clamoring for an autograph from an anonymous college kid in a costume. I. Don't. Get. It.

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]

HA! I'm not miserable and I wasn't fishing. That's my honest opinion - and a lot of people share it, as 17 people "like" what I said. I just got back from WDW last Sunday. Had a great time.

BTW, I read recently that WDW is trying roaming characters again. PLEASE don't hound them for autographs. Just let them walk around and let people enjoy them.

I don't. We used to enjoy getting our picture made with characters, but the autographs made the lines take 2x or 3x longer, so it didn't make sense anymore. I'll bet that autograph hounds are why you don't see them just walking the park anymore.

I don't think you can blame autographs for longer lines considering they have been doing autographs in lines for over 20 years. I think there are long lines because this has become a very popular "attraction" for many guests and the parks are more crowded than ever.

I don't think you can blame autographs for the characters no longer walking about, you can blame the guests who mobbed them, pushed them, came up from behind and were unable to behave in an orderly fashion ... and that's just the adults. Having them back walking around, saw the rumor too, would be foolish and create safety issues for the CMs and the guests.

I'm really surprised they are doing this, he really is a very popular character. I really don't care for his ride but he is a lot of fun to meet & greet.

The first time we watched Miles from Tommowland I thought "they are trying to make Tomorrowland relevant to the kids". ;)
And yes, my four year old (daughter) believes the characters are real.

I can't believe how people get so offended that they continue to comment on what one person posted at the beginning of the thread. If she doesn't like the autographs so what it is her opinion. Some people do and some don't. When my girl was younger we would get lots of autographs, mostly at character meals though. Now it is not important of course because she is not interested.
I love Stitch but the ride is my least favorite. I was hoping you were talking about the ride.

Last edited:
Stitch is my Disney Spirit Animal (besides Elliot of course!).... I seriously love this character, and I am so upset by this news.

I don't get how people can have such disdain for his character as he's so lovable and playful and he's different. And different is good.
Because he's gross! Those arms going in and out of his body? Gross!

Also, even if he was universally loved as a character, I do think "Lilo and Stitch" was a weak movie, generally.

Has this happened already? Is Stitch gone from Ohana breakfast? My son will be devastated!! The main reason we are going to WDW for his birthday is to have the Ohana breakfast so he can see Stitch since we didn't get to see him at all last year.

Has this happened already? Is Stitch gone from Ohana breakfast? My son will be devastated!! The main reason we are going to WDW for his birthday is to have the Ohana breakfast so he can see Stitch since we didn't get to see him at all last year.
The first post states that Stitch is still in the Ohana breakfast. Stitch is leaving the parks.

My DW will be dissapointed as Stitch is one of her favourites. We did manage to get an autograph (yes an autograph) last December when we were there and a picture with him. She loves the film partly due to the Elvis music in it but also the message of family. Will be a miss in my opinion but hopefully he will be more then just a minor presnts in the parks somewhere. Agree the ride has to go though it was shocking.

The first post states that Stitch is still in the Ohana breakfast. Stitch is leaving the parks.

Thank you! I thought he will be gone from the Ohana breakfast, as well! (Sorry, was just too distraught with the subject line, I just started scanning the posts). As long as there is at least one way to meet him, I am good to go.

My son also loves Miles, so this will be a win-win for us.:love:

For a moment there I got all excited and thought they were finally getting rid of that abysmal "ride" Stitch's Great Escape.

Silly me.

You're not the only one...
My heart leaped, and then fell. We didn't even attempt to do it this last trip.

I'll double down: I don't get the "autograph" thing. I used to love seeing the characters walk around the park like they were home. Of course, you can't see that anymore because of all the stinkin' autograph hounds - clamoring for an autograph from an anonymous college kid in a costume. I. Don't. Get. It.

I would have LOVED to witness characters just walking the parks! The autographs are fun for the little ones, so I get it. But I do agree having them free roam would be SO much nicer. I am always fooled by the magic when I meet with characters. Just a big kid lol I get so caught up in the fun moment, I forget who it actually is........ :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter