Stitch leaving the Magic Kingdom - Confirmed

I'm probably in the minority when it comes to WDW fans (I consider myself one), but I couldn't care less about Stitch. Does he have fans? Really?? I assume this is why he's going away: he doesn't have many fans. I enjoy seeing any of the Fab 5 around the Park, and a few of the princesses, maybe a few others...

I'll double down: I don't get the "autograph" thing. I used to love seeing the characters walk around the park like they were home. Of course, you can't see that anymore because of all the stinkin' autograph hounds - clamoring for an autograph from an anonymous college kid in a costume. I. Don't. Get. It.
Maybe because you are not a kid. The kids feel as if they are getting a signature from a celebrity.

While I'm sad that Stitch would be pulled as a regular offering, I would want his replacement to be something that appealed to more than just the Disney Jr age. Stitch hits that unique spot in that he really is a unisex, multi-age approachable character. I'd rather see Wreck It Ralph or Big Hero 6 get switched in, as the meet & greet characters are proven favorites that appeal to the entire family, not just a specific gender or a specific age range.

For a moment there I got all excited and thought they were finally getting rid of that abysmal "ride" Stitch's Great Escape.

I want them to put the Alien one back in. Never got to "enjoy" that one!

While I'm sad that Stitch would be pulled as a regular offering, I would want his replacement to be something that appealed to more than just the Disney Jr age. Stitch hits that unique spot in that he really is a unisex, multi-age approachable character. I'd rather see Wreck It Ralph or Big Hero 6 get switched in, as the meet & greet characters are proven favorites that appeal to the entire family, not just a specific gender or a specific age range.

Yes! Bring Baymax to MK. Let's start that petition! ;)

I agree 100%! Disney Jr. appeals to a very specific age-slot, whereas characters like Stitch are, to me, ageless. Everyone's situation is of course different. Parents with Disney Jr. aged kids will I'm sure be very happy. For me, with a son who is almost 12, he's long past the age where Disney Jr. is relevant to him (and didn't exist when he was that age group).

Stitch is also one of the most fun characters to meet as he is extremely mischievous and playful. My son had a stitch pen one year and Stitch played like he was going to steal the pen, going so far as to give it to one of his handlers for safe-keeping. Another year, Stitch very closely examined my son's Mickey Ears hat, looking for himself in the collage of characters. It was quite cute. We've always had awesome interactions with Stitch. To the folks that say that autographs slow down the lines, I would counter that the characters interacting with the children is what slows down the lines, but I wouldn't trade that for anything. Some of my fondest park memories are interactions my son has had with characters.

We haven't been to O'hanas in a couple of years, but looks like we'll have to put that back on the rotation just to see Stitch.

This change makes me sad :(

Larissa from Guest Communications confirmed that they ARE pulling Stitch from the parks.

He WILL have his Ohana breakfast, and MAY show up in HS by the Hat's old location, but in a rotation with others.. and ONLY after the fab 5 have done their greets in the morning. And he'll be at Typhoon Lagoon, seasonally.}

Did she say when they would be taking him out of MK? We're there next month and that was the one meet and greet my daughter wanted to do (she's 12 and LOVES Stitch--but not the ride!). Thanks!

21813217150_d8c9c02ca3.jpg

As you can tell from my icon, I am a huge Stitch fan. I love Stitch.

I don't get how people can have such disdain for his character as he's so lovable and playful and he's different. And different is good.

But I also love Olaf and I love Tigger. Tigger was my first childhood character love and he's got a special place in my heart, but Stitch is the bee's knees. It could be the kind of person that people are that just don't like Stitch (and Olaf and Tigger). If you're not about that bubbly, crazy, out-of-this-world kind of personality, then of course you won't like him. But it's still sucky. I was really looking forward to meeting him outside of Ohana, but I guess, I'll have to put that into an ADR somewhere. *sighs*

I went on the ride for Stitch's Great Escape and I've got to say that it wasn't that great of a ride. In fact, I liked it a lot, but I didn't love it, like how I loved Space Mountain and Tom Sawyer's Island. So, yeah, they can get rid of this ride, but at least put another ride for Stitch. I don't know.

Also, who is Miles? I'm guessing my 10-month old nephew isn't about him or just doesn't get it yet. Most likely the latter.

Was this real or sarcasm?

I suppose it was a little harsh, but I meant it as real. Here's the same sentiment with a better explanation: I am always amazed at the lack of consideration for others displayed by some people in public places. You see it in a million ways at WDW (wheelchairs for healthy people being the worst offense), and one of the ways that has changed how i enjoy the Parks is the (relatively) new way that people collect autographs and photo after photo from costumed characters, all while a huge line waits. I don't get in those lines any more because of these people.

...and someone said that kids think they're getting an autograph from a celebrity?? REALLY?? My kids have never thought this. (...and yes, we do Santa Claus, yes, we have fun in life...) :duck:

Don't understand why you go then if this bothers you. I never understand why people complain about things at Disney. Being blessed enough to enjoy a vacation of any kind with your family is reason enough not to complain. If you don't enjoy autographs then don't do it but complaining about other peoplw doing it is rude.

I didn't say that I don't enjoy WDW. :crazy2: I said that a part of what I used to enjoy was taken away when the lines got ridiculously long for characters because of autographs. I enjoy WDW quite a lot, in fact I'm going back in three weeks! :)

:fish:

I suppose it was a little harsh, but I meant it as real. Here's the same sentiment with a better explanation: I am always amazed at the lack of consideration for others displayed by some people in public places. You see it in a million ways at WDW (wheelchairs for healthy people being the worst offense), and one of the ways that has changed how i enjoy the Parks is the (relatively) new way that people collect autographs and photo after photo from costumed characters, all while a huge line waits. I don't get in those lines any more because of these people.

...and someone said that kids think they're getting an autograph from a celebrity?? REALLY?? My kids have never thought this. (...and yes, we do Santa Claus, yes, we have fun in life...) :duck:

I'll agree and disagree with a few things here. The lack of consideration from others, yeah I agree with most of that with you, with exception to the children getting pictures and autographs.

Normally I go out of my way to make sure I’m not in someone’s way, sometimes probably to a fault.

When I read the word entitled in your first post, regarding pictures and autographs for characters at disney world, I did have to consider if that was sarcasm or not. And here's why.

My family and I went for a weeklong trip at the end of August, I have a 3 year old (2 at the time of our trip) and a 4 year old, all expenses paid this trip cost us north of $5,000. When we start throwing around the word “entitled” for something so trivial as taking a few extra minutes with a character, excuse me if I get a little annoyed.

Not only am I spending $5,000 of my hard earned money, but I’m also making some memories with my children that they will never forget. If that means you have to wait an extra minute for my family, I might turn back and apologize, but I’m not going to have them skip the autographs if the character is giving them because you can’t wait 1 more minute.

If it's such a problem that its causing lines to back up, maybe disney needs to take some of that extra profit they are gobbling up and open some more character meet and greets. I think your beef should really be with disney.

Just because your kids never got into the autograph thing with characters doesn’t mean others don’t. I went several times as a child, one of those trips was as a 3 year old. I only have 2 memories of that trip, 1 of them was getting chip n dale’s autograph. I was thrilled with it.

I do hope that they bring him back in some capacity in the future.

What I don't understand is putting Rafiki over in Adventureland. As cool of a guy as he is, it feels odd when he should be exclusively in Animal Kingdom, as it does draw some people over there in search of him.

Stiiiiiiiiiiitch.

Make your own Baymax petition. xD
They can certainly afford to have heaps more character experiences so that people aren't having to camp out for hours to see Jack and Sally or Jack Sparrow at their rare party appearances.

Plus, dude. Bring out the less popular characters and have them wander the park. They won't be as mobbed and they'll get some new fans.

Although, with the amount of Stitch stuff they're hawking right now, I would strongly argue that he's still a moneymaker. Probably more so now than in the past.... Well... Since "his" ride came out.

Stiiiiiiiiiiitch.

Make your own Baymax petition. xD
They can certainly afford to have heaps more character experiences so that people aren't having to camp out for hours to see Jack and Sally or Jack Sparrow at their rare party appearances.

Plus, dude. Bring out the less popular characters and have them wander the park. They won't be as mobbed and they'll get some new fans.

Although, with the amount of Stitch stuff they're hawking right now, I would strongly argue that he's still a moneymaker. Probably more so now than in the past.... Well... Since "his" ride came out.
Yeah! I don't get why Stitch is being bumped like this! I've watched YT Disney hauls and everyone buys something related to Stitch in almost all of the videos that I've watched. And they're all so stinkin' cute! I want the pillow, the plush toy, the mug, the shirt, the everything. Oh yes, yes, I do.

It certainly can't be to drive more 'Ohana business since breakfast tends to be tightly booked very quickly. Perhaps they are consolidating outfits.

This would be an inexpensive way of improving the Stitch MK experience. Though I don't know that they'd want 2 "live" video shows across from one another:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stitch_Encounter

The autographs... And the families of five or six who want each child photographed separately, and then the kids together, and then the whole family, and then all the autographs....
It's only going to get worse. If you thought it was bad when people were overpaying for digital downloads just wait until all the AP holders with their "free" photo pass start using it.

I don't blame them. For $200 they better get every picture available.

My DS is also in that age range where he is too old for Disney Jr. and loved Stitch. It's the one character he goes out of his way to interact with. We've had great experiences on DCL with Stitch pulling pranks so I hope they keep him on the ships.

My DS and DD both despise Frozen and so do most kids in their school (again - above the Disney Jr age group who sang those songs endlessly) so I feel like they are missing out on a slice of a generation if they don't focus on some more unisex/cool characters for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter