• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stitch going back to Alien?

I think Space Mountain needs an overhaul. When I was a kid, I loved Thunder Mountain. As I got older, Thunder Mountain became so uncomfortable that I didn't enjoy it very much. The pounding from the worn out, or just plain old, track was downright painful. After Thunder's big overhaul, it's now silky smooth and so much fun again. When we were at WDW in Dec. I just about swore off Space Mountain for the same reason I started to dread Thunder. The track is so uncomfortable, the bouncing and jarring and smacking is bad, it makes the ride less fun than it should be. There is no doubt in my mind that TommorrowLand needs a make over, but at some point they are just going to have to bite the bullet and shut down Space for a pretty serious overhaul.

They replaced the entire track what about 5 years ago? Space Mountain has always been jarring - my guess is that it just bothers you more with age...sorry to be the bearer of that news...

Uggh. I'm already turning into an old crank....
Me too, but I think the big difference in a ride like, say, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and SM is that the vehicle is better padded and more confining in RNR, so you just really don't feel the same jarring... That's my story anyway...love RNR, and only ride SM if there is a short line...

Me too, but I think the big difference in a ride like, say, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and SM is that the vehicle is better padded and more confining in RNR, so you just really don't feel the same jarring... That's my story anyway...love RNR, and only ride SM if there is a short line...
Expedition everest gets me. The section where you go backwards, I always seem to smack my head on something, even when I prepare for it. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they increased the head rest padding area on that one.

As much as I would LOVE for Alien Encounter to come back (because I never rode it plus I'm such a Alien film nerd I can just pretend it's tied-in) I don't think Disney is going to bring it back.

As much as I would LOVE for Alien Encounter to come back (because I never rode it plus I'm such a Alien film nerd I can just pretend it's tied-in) I don't think Disney is going to bring it back.

I don't think they'll ever bring it back where it was, but they should build it in Epcot next to Mission Space. It would fit in there more I think given it's a more adult park.

As long as anything replaces it doesn't include the single worst smell ever - that was in the Stitch attraction. It made me actually dislike the character a little. So gross!

As long as anything replaces it doesn't include the single worst smell ever - that was in the Stitch attraction. It made me actually dislike the character a little. So gross!

I think the skunk in Imagination is worse, but yeah I wouldn't miss that.

That smell is a major reason I've never gone on that attraction after the first time. Plus I've just never been a huge Lilo and Stitch fan. It came out during that period between childhood and adulthood when I thought Disney animated movies weren't for me anymore, but before I rediscovered the joy of watching them with my family. Hercules through The Princess and the Frog all fall into this category. They simply don't fit in to the "golden age" Disney animated films of my youth. Oddly enough I don't have the same hang ups about the Pixar films of the same era, or some of the better animated movies like Shrek, but I think that's because we were all so fascinated with the tech behind Pixar as much as the wonderful adult oriented jokes in some of the other studio animated movies.

I got to "ride" it in it's original form. I have to say I wish they had decided to go through with it and just make it an alien ride. It would've been even scarier with the "Alien" as opposed to the alien they did get - which was still pretty scary. I wish they'd just said "screw it" and made it "No children under 12 admitted" and just had one adult ride at WDW. (Read up on the history of the ride - it actually was originally planned as an "Alien" ride.)

I got to "ride" it in it's original form. I have to say I wish they had decided to go through with it and just make it an alien ride. It would've been even scarier with the "Alien" as opposed to the alien they did get - which was still pretty scary. I wish they'd just said "screw it" and made it "No children under 12 admitted" and just had one adult ride at WDW. (Read up on the history of the ride - it actually was originally planned as an "Alien" ride.)
Totally agree. Not everyone who visits WDW is or has small children, and not EVERYTHING in Magic Kingdom has to be geared for the them. My family LOVED the preshow most of all, both the outer waiting area, and the Tim Curry robot area...the theater part was just something "we learned to live with"... ha ha ha....

That smell is a major reason I've never gone on that attraction after the first time. Plus I've just never been a huge Lilo and Stitch fan. It came out during that period between childhood and adulthood when I thought Disney animated movies weren't for me anymore, but before I rediscovered the joy of watching them with my family. Hercules through The Princess and the Frog all fall into this category. They simply don't fit in to the "golden age" Disney animated films of my youth. Oddly enough I don't have the same hang ups about the Pixar films of the same era, or some of the better animated movies like Shrek, but I think that's because we were all so fascinated with the tech behind Pixar as much as the wonderful adult oriented jokes in some of the other studio animated movies.

It also was because many of those movies weren't very good. I was an adult during all that time (Actually was 19 when Little Mermaid came out.) and sorry Lilo and Stitch is not that great. It was well-liked by kids and some adults mostly around the "Ohana is family" message which is great, but the movie never coherently put an emotional wallop behind it the way the Pixar movies could. Watching these movies with adult eyes, it isn't just that Pixar were technical marvels, but they were genuine stories too. Lilo and Stitch there's too much of the goofy space BS, and Lilo is not that pleasant a character anyways. (I know acting out because of her issues, but even beyond that she never worked for sympathy with me - only because how poorly she treated Nani.

Anyways - I don't much care for Stitch either. I've also only ridden once since the conversion and have never been less sad about a ride being seasonal.

It also was because many of those movies weren't very good. I was an adult during all that time (Actually was 19 when Little Mermaid came out.) and sorry Lilo and Stitch is not that great. It was well-liked by kids and some adults mostly around the "Ohana is family" message which is great, but the movie never coherently put an emotional wallop behind it the way the Pixar movies could. Watching these movies with adult eyes, it isn't just that Pixar were technical marvels, but they were genuine stories too. Lilo and Stitch there's too much of the goofy space BS, and Lilo is not that pleasant a character anyways. (I know acting out because of her issues, but even beyond that she never worked for sympathy with me - only because how poorly she treated Nani.

Anyways - I don't much care for Stitch either. I've also only ridden once since the conversion and have never been less sad about a ride being seasonal.
I like lilo and stitch and thought Atlantis was ok (though the box office would disagree with me). Most other movies in that time I agree with (and I was a kid during that time period)

So with the wreck-it Ralph sequel now having a title, reminds me do we have any new information on what's going on here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter