Stitch going back to Alien?

How about doing something with the laugh floor ... that attraction got old really quickly.

The unity of architecture and construction in Tomorrow Land with the WEDWay entangled throughout makes it difficult to add really good rides. Unless they take the plunge and rip out the speedway and CoP.

How about doing something with the laugh floor ... that attraction got old really quickly.

The unity of architecture and construction in Tomorrow Land with the WEDWay entangled throughout makes it difficult to add really good rides. Unless they take the plunge and rip out the speedway and CoP.
Lauch Floor gets a pretty good crowd still.

Speedway might be seeing some changes, updates, or even a removal, but CoP is staying and might be getting a final scene upgrade.

I actually like laugh floor...We always try to see it each trip...Not a "first round must see" kind of thing, but we enjoy the corny humor, and interaction with the audience...It always different. And then we all go out imitating Roz....

Does anyone think that there gonna mention Stitch's Great Esacpe replacement at the D23 convention?

I'm not recalling many instances where Disney "brought back" an attraction, so the AE rumor doesn't seem right to me. Besides, there were plenty of haters of that version of the attraction too (even though I liked it much better than Stitch.) How about a Guardians Of The Galaxy attraction? That seems like a fit for tomorrowland and Disney seems to like that franchise.

I hear rumours of Journey going back to its original format

I'd rather see Journey than Stitch or Alien, which to my mind are/were both very mediocre attractions whereas an updated Journey could at least rate as good. However, with the Space ride in EPCOT, I don't see Journey coming back. We like Laugh Floor. It's a good way to beat the heat or hide out while waiting for a food reservation or the next Fastpass. I don't see a need to update or remove that attraction with an empty pavilion sitting a few hundred yards away considering it is solid family entertainment that can occupy a lot of people.

Generally I come down in favor of the original Disney rides. I'm still ticked at losing Mr. Toad for Pooh and the less said about losing 20,000 Leagues the lower my blood pressure remains (capacity and ADA issues aside, it still makes me really, really mad). But I wouldn't get upset if Speedway went away. It's a huge area used for an attraction that can be found at any 2 bit kiddie park. It's loud, noisy, and smelly, and not anything futuristic at all (which I admit describes more than a small part of Tomorrowland). On the other end of the spectrum, COP to me is sacred. Yes it could use a final scene sprucing. By all means. But it's the kind of attraction that shows you the Disney story and reinforces how important the '64 World's Fair was to Disney's future. It's one of the best remaining links to the early history along with The Hall of Presidents and a few others. I don't expect it to be a premium attraction, but one every true Disney fan should experience to understand where Disneyland and Disneyworld came from, regardless of whether you like it or not. Kind of like the Tiki Room, which thankfully was literally burned out of a horrible makeover reinforcing my belief in a benevolent god.

Removing the PeopleMover might be the only way Disney could convince me to never come back. That and plowing under Fort Wilderness for another DVC eyesore...

Wall-E needs to happen I think, It's way more theme appropriate than Stitch or Wreck It Ralph. It is my favorite Disney movie of the last 20 years so I might be a little biased

That's a great idea. I would be on board with that, plus there is no wall E attraction or show, that I could think of.

I'm struggling with the irony of Wall-E. I mean, the Stitch/Aliens/Journey experience is essentially a sit down and watch attraction, kind of the epitome of all the bad things that humanity degenerates to in Wall-E. Given the space, it would be difficult to do anything but a round seating show in that location, though I admit I don't fully remember the dimensions or what could be appropriated to make it a different type of experience as I haven't been in Stitch since the year it opened, or Alien since a year or two after it opened. I didn't care for either. But I agree Wall-E could play a role in Tommorrowland, I'm just not sure Disney would appreciate the irony in having it be a static experience. Although I guess they could go all the way and change out the seating for pseudo floating loungers and make it a mockery of the irony...

Wall-E needs to happen I think, It's way more theme appropriate than Stitch or Wreck It Ralph. It is my favorite Disney movie of the last 20 years so I might be a little biased

Whether Wall-E fits the theme of Tomorrowland or not, I think that the particular space in question is so small and odd-shaped ... it was designed originally for a pair of 50s-style, sit-down, rocket ship simulators ... that nothing good is ever going to be built there.

It might be better to use the Stitch space for shopping and dining and build a REAL ride somewhere else that has more space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter