Should I ride Stitch?

• Yes

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Pass

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • If you have a TON of extra time

Votes: 26 24.3%

• Total voters
different strokes for different folks. you won't know unless you try. Heck, i'm getting slammed for HATING Jungle Cruise on these boards because people love the "Nostalgia" of it

You are not getting slammed for hating Jungle Cruise. You are getting slammed for completely missing the entire point of the ride. Stitch on the other hand, is not kitschy, funny, or scary. I think it's supposed to be funny and scary, but it's just weird, confusing, uncomfortable, and stinky.

We were just there and I have never done Stitch. We walked by it several times last week, and I was seriously considering it but, when DH said it was a lot like Honey I Shrunk the Audience (which I hated) but a little worse and with shoulder harness!!!, I knew it wasn't for me.

Try it once if you have time, because you never know.
I hate the ride and will do anything to not ride it.

But in the past year my entire family (14 people ranging from 42 - 4) has ridden it and they all say they enjoyed it.

It's not a pleasant experience on your shoulders/back or from the stench. You think something is going to happen and really nothing much does. It's a once and done for me, but I could have lived without the attraction. Go ride another favorite attraction or by all means, go shopping.

The shoulder harness on the original Alien Encounter worked as kind of a prop when the theater went pitch black dark, and the monster ran around the place, when he stepped on your harness it would bounce as he stepped on it. Haven't ridden it in a long time, so I don't know if it still is used like this for Stitch.

IMHO, it is the worst ride in WDW. There are others that I don't like, but I can at least understand how others might like them. Stitch has no redeeming qualities that I can see. Maybe if you have a Stitch obsessed 9 year old boy, but even that might just be more disappointing. We rode it so long ago that my kids don't remember it and want to ride it again. I told them they can ride it next trip, but I will not be joining them. No way! I shudder when I think about it.
Enjoy your trip!

It's definitely the worst ride at WDW.

Having said that, personally I try to ride everything once. So in your shoes, I would ride it. Maybe knowing that its the worst ride before riding it will make it less terrible?

I guess you should try everything once, but maybe not this one LOL

It's a definite no in my book if you have little kids

Hang out in the gift shop after and watch all of the little kids coming out crying their eyes out and all of the frazzled parents

We do it every trip. Now, we do have little boys who think it's great. And that might be what keeps us coming back. I think it's nice to try everything once. It's entertaining and interesting. If you're worried about the harnesses that come down, just put your hands on your shoulders as the harnesses come down. This leaves room between your shoulders and the harness so they won't cause any pain.

I would rather do anything else than ride that Stitch..... people watch, eat a mickey ice cream, wait in line at another attraction, leave the park even. It is not a fun or enjoyable expereince at all.

I've seen this ride trashed on these forums for years, to the extent that I'm personally reluctant to ever try it (and I'm fine with goofy things like Country Bears). It seems so universally reviled that I feel Disney must be aware of it. I wonder if it will be closed or at least adapted to something less abrasive at some point in the future.

Lilo and Stitch is a wonderful movie. It's a shame to have an attraction for it that so many people despise. :(

If you have extra time, give it a go. I tried it because I was so curious how it could be so hated. I could see my 9-year old wanting to ride it -- I think I'll send his dad in with him though. :thumbsup2

For me as long as it's a ride I can handle and can go on (no loops, upside corkscrew, crazy ups and downs, allowed on without children) I like to try it at least once. When the ride was ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter it was much better but also pretty scary. The harnesses made sense in that ride but to me not so much for Stitch (though it was far easier to just tweak things here and there when they switched the ride than re-doing everything). For Stitch, one time was enough for me.

As I have been researching for my first, and possible only, trip to WDW I've read lots of reviews on Stitch's Great Escape. While most of them are negative, some people like it or say it's so bad it's good.

My plan at the moment is to ride it if I have time after riding everything I am really excited about, but is it even worth it? Would it be a better use of time to re-ride something else or go shopping or...?

I'm looking for lots of different opinions, so please share your thoughts :)

If you have extra time, why re ride something you've already experienced? Or shop for things that are all over the place? Take a chance - how will *you* know if you don't like Stitch's Great Escape or if you like it without doing it yourself? I've been there, done that, don't particularly like it but at least I can say I did it.

First time ever in WDW in 2005 I really liked it. Been 5 times since and only saw it once.

I try and live by this rule... I don't ever, ever, ever, ever let someone elses opinion influence what I might or might not like. I find Stitch tolerable. Not fantastic, but, in it's own way kinda cute. But, I don't know what your tastes are like or what you find amusing and not amusing.

It only takes a few minutes of your time and if you go in with an open mind, I'm sure that there are many parts of it that you will find interesting and funny. However, that is a decision that you should be making not some stranger on a discussion board. I decided a long time ago that I would try and go to every single thing that Disney had to offer. After actually experiencing it, I decide if I liked it or I didn't. Don't let other people, including me, live your life for you.

I say go. Aside from the shoulder restraints, (which I could swear have loosened up a bit the last few years) nothing is that bad. Our family has a soft spot in our hearts for Stitch because DS 15 was a HUGE fan for years- from the time he was 3 until 10 or so. We ride it every trip for that reason alone but I am pretty sure we would ride it regardless.

As I have been researching for my first, and possible only, trip to WDW I've read lots of reviews on Stitch's Great Escape. While most of them are negative, some people like it or say it's so bad it's good.

My plan at the moment is to ride it if I have time after riding everything I am really excited about, but is it even worth it? Would it be a better use of time to re-ride something else or go shopping or...?

I'm looking for lots of different opinions, so please share your thoughts :)

It's so so SO bad. The shoulder press is too
Hard and the burp smell is so revolting. The pitch blackness is terrible as are the kids' screams.

Never again. I can't recommend passing strongly enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter