Stingray City with younger kids?

wklcpa

Earning My Ears
I am thinking of doing a Captain Marvins or Red Baron Charter(?) to Stingray City. My group will have three kids ages 3, 4 & 8 that can't swim. Is it worth it to go on and pay for these tours which includes some snorkeling? Is the water level too high to stand?Can the kids stay in the boat? Which tour is better?

Thanks

wklcpa

2001 Eastern Caribbean

We did this excursion thru Disney. DCL actually offers two with similar names, but we were on the one that they said was better for children because the groups were smaller (we didn't even know that, as we had signed up in advance...they explained that at the shore excursion talk). There were some younger kids on our boat, and most of them did fine. One little buy really did NOT want to get in the water. Our guide and his parents kept coaxing, and they finally got him in, but he didn't like it much! The other kids had a blast. I am 5 feet 3 inches and the water was up to my chest, but snorkeling gear is provided so little ones will float. I'm sure they could stay on the boat if they prefer.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We've taken our son twice now, at 2 years and then at three. At two he was on my husbands back for a while at first but then got comfortable and would float with his wings on, couldn't quite touch. Then next time, 3 years old, he enjoyed it even more. He wore a belt (Aqua Jogger) but he took it off for a while as he could touch in the shallowest parts this time. He really loved it, wanted to touch them and stuff. I'm sure you're kids will love it.

BTW, Red Baron is great!!! Neil and Mikey are aweseome. I really enjoyed the sailing part. Another company that has a sailboat (Trimaran) is Captain Bryan and I've heard good things about them too.

I have never heard of Red Baron, we were leaning towards Captian Marvins, does Red Baron have a website? How were their prices?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter