Stingray Adventure - worth it

jaymar

Earning My Ears
I've heard the Sting Ray adventure on Castaway Cay is good, but I've read and seen some negative things on youtube. Family of 4 boys 12 and 17. Not ever really snorkeled. is it worth it?

We did this in March with our girls and everyone loved it. You don't have to snorkel. I waded in the water with my younger DD and we had fun just watching and petting the rays all around us.

We did it 2 years ago and loved it. Other than the water being really cold it was great. My 7 year old daughter was freaked out but everybody else really enjoyed getting so close to the Stingrays.

We did this excursion the last time we were at CC. My dd was 6 at the time and she really enjoyed it. You don't have to snorkel to enjoy it. I thought for the price it was a good excursion to pick. Have fun!

jaymar said:
I've heard the Sting Ray adventure on Castaway Cay is good, but I've read and seen some negative things on youtube. Family of 4 boys 12 and 17. Not ever really snorkeled. is it worth it?

We thought this was fun too. Just make sure hands are held in the proper way because my ds got a tiny bite on his hand.

Can I just pay for my DH and 6 yr old DD and get close enough to take pictures with my camera! I don't want to have to pay if I really am not participating! But I want to get close enough to take pics of my DD experience it!

Also how is the am one verses later in the day? I heard you need to be in the first one of the day.

Can I just pay for my DH and 6 yr old DD and get close enough to take pictures with my camera! I don't want to have to pay if I really am not participating! But I want to get close enough to take pics of my DD experience it!

Not sure if it's officially allowed by Disney but yes you could pretty much just hang out on the beach part and take pics but since you won't have a vest you would not be able to go in the water, but I did see people doing that exact thing when we did the excursion, by the way it was soooo worth it

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Also how is the am one verses later in the day? I heard you need to be in the first one of the day.

I you want to snorkel with the rays it is recommend to do so in the am prior to the water visibility being reduced from all the activity.

Feeding the rays would not be impacted by water visibility in theory.

We don't snorkel but you can walk in the water all over and they swim up around you. Lots of fun there are about 70 rays, We loved it. Second time for my DW.

I see the age for this says 5, do they really enforce this. My ds is 5 but my dd is 3 and she would love it too. Also do you get snorkel stuff with it too? This is just like the one included in the getaway package right? So for $15 more you get floats, tubes, snorkel gear, and bikes all day.

I see the age for this says 5, do they really enforce this. My ds is 5 but my dd is 3 and she would love it too. Also do you get snorkel stuff with it too? This is just like the one included in the getaway package right? So for $15 more you get floats, tubes, snorkel gear, and bikes all day.

Yes DCL enforces the age limits. This is one item they do not bend the rules on. It is the same excursion as the Getaway package.

We just did this for the first time on our cruise on the Dream earlier this month - my kids all enjoyed it and my 10 year old said it was her favorite part of the whole cruise. Some of the kids tried snorkeling with the stingrays and in the regular snorkel lagoon but not all of us did the snorkeling. I took my camera with me in the water and got some great shots of the kids feeding and touching the stingrays, if you were just on the beach you'd probably just get pictures of everyone's back.

How much is this, and where can I find info on excursions?
We cruise for the 1 st time in May and I'm honestly clueless lol!

We had a blast this past summer with the stingrays at CC. We were one of the last times of the day and the rays were awesome and the water crystal clear. I would definitely do it again!

How much is this, and where can I find info on excursions?
We cruise for the 1 st time in May and I'm honestly clueless lol!

On the DCL Site; http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...astaway-cay/castaway-rays-stingray-adventure/

Stingray Cost; Copy / Paste from DCL Site;

Adult Price: ..... $45 (ages 10 and up)
Child Price: ..... $36 (ages 5 to 9)

Fwiw; Everyone participating must be 5 years old at the time of excursion. No exceptions due to DCL.

To find it on your own follow this;

Go to ; http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/

Mouse over "Cruises and Destinations" , mouse over and click on "Port Adventures" , scroll down, and on the right, under "Port", select "Castaway Cay", then click "Go". That should bring up the excursions available on CC.

HTH :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter