Stingray adventure at Castaway Cay

shericakes

Earning My Ears
Was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the stingray adventure. I was thinking about doing it with my five year old. Is it worth it? Do the stingrays have their barbs? Or have they been removed?

Any information is appreciated!
Thanks

From what I've read people seem to like it. We are doing it with our 5 year old next month. We are doing the package with the bike, floats, snorkel gear since it's a good deal.

Was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the stingray adventure. I was thinking about doing it with my five year old. Is it worth it? Do the stingrays have their barbs? Or have they been removed? Any information is appreciated! Thanks

According to the disney planning DVD they are trimmed.

We just did this excursion in November. The stingrays have their barbs clipped so they can't actually sting you. We didn't have any kids with us, but we all enjoyed ourselves. We saw a ton of rays and quite a few fish while snorkeling.

Was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the stingray adventure. I was thinking about doing it with my five year old. Is it worth it? Do the stingrays have their barbs? Or have they been removed? Any information is appreciated! Thanks

It is worth it in my opinion. We did it last January with my DDs (6 & 15). The feeding part may be too intimidating, depending on your child, but they will still get to see them up close and can snorkel too. They have a hard a suction and you have to keep your hand flat on the board. DH's finger tip got pulled up into one's mouth when it chomped and broke skin around his cuticle.

Their barbs are removed and they keep them trimmed. They will go through an orientation with you about how to shuffle through the sand so you don't step on a ray that may be buried.

Was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the stingray adventure. I was thinking about doing it with my five year old. Is it worth it? Do the stingrays have their barbs? Or have they been removed?

Any information is appreciated!
Thanks

We just got back from our Christmas cruise! My 11 year old son and I did the sting ray excursion. It was a blast!!! There were people of all ages. The nice thing is the barbs are trimmed and you enter the water from the shore after a nice intro/feeding the sting rays on platforms. The snorkel area is netted in and completely up to you if you want to snorkel. The cast members were "training" the rays in shallow water with the smaller children. If you are ok with them swimming around your legs you will be okay :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter