• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stimulus Package Refund has been deposited!!!

That's what I read- that the old system would be the original dates.

At least I'm not alone in my wondering and worrying ;) And for those who say why worry- uuuh, this is the government we're talking about- mistakes are bound to happen!

COOL - thanks!!!

Guess I'll patiently wait until Friday. No, your not alone - I always worry and your right mistakes are bound to happen and I want to be on top of it if it's me that the mistake is happening to.

They had this on thier website :The IRS will send notices to taxpayers who have already filed a 2007 tax return and who are eligible for an economic stimulus payment. This notice will serve as an important recordkeeping document and should be retained by taxpayers. By keeping people informed, the IRS hopes to reduce calls to customer service representatives who are still busy helping taxpayers complete tax returns.
Wonder if they were tired of me calling?:rotfl2:

I would guess that "old system" means people who haven't had to file for awhile (living off capital and/or only income is from social security).

I would guess that "old system" means people who haven't had to file for awhile (living off capital and/or only income is from social security).

No, they were directly referring to the switches in systems in regard to getting the money out sooner versus later (the original dates versus the new dates released last week by a lot of sites). That much I do know :) from my reading.

For those of us still waiting (getting it this week, hopefully)- did you file your taxes early on or wait to file them? I'm wondering if those who filed relatively early are already in this 'old system' I've read about and those who filed later ended up in the newer system? We filed our taxes the first week of February- Hubby has a low SSN, nothing yet!

We filed in the beginning of February. That would make sense but then they should explain it better to the people so there isn't so many wondering. I guess it is money we didn't have before, so why worry about it. DH says it will get here when it gets here!

I haven't really paid attention to this. I just wandered in here to see what people were thinking about what was going on. In any case if people have gotten their refunds back by direct deposit I wouldn't worry about a system screw up with the rebate. Just assume you'll get your money by the original date and relax. It's just found money anyway.

We filed in the beginning of February. That would make sense but then they should explain it better to the people so there isn't so many wondering. I guess it is money we didn't have before, so why worry about it. DH says it will get here when it gets here!

or have an automated thing set up on the IRS site so you can check if your rebate has been processed - like they do for regular taxes

or have an automated thing set up on the IRS site so you can check if your rebate has been processed - like they do for regular taxes

You would THINK that'd be an easy tool to set up, huh? But nooo- I mean, from what I've read- the IRS doesn't even know exactly when people are getting these payments into their accounts!

I just called the IRS I am getting a paper check because of Turbo Tax and he said that even though they are starting the checks a week earlier they haven't moved the rest of the dates up yet.

That could be true, as Bank of America runs several IT platforms for their millions of bank customers:

1. California customers

2. Oregon/Washington/Idaho customers

3. "Military Bank" customers

4. Everyone else (old NationsBank and Fleet states)

When I was speaking, I was speaking of #4, as that would be the majority of BofA's customer base -- sorry for the confusion...

I also get direct deposits on Mondays in my BofA account. I would be #4.....we had no BofA until they took over Fleet. I live near Buffalo, NY.

Sorry if this is a repost:

My local newspaper today said 800,000 people will get their direct deposits M, T, and W (800,000 per day), no rebates on Thursday, and 5 million will be deposited on Friday. So, more than twice going out on Friday than M, T, and W combined.

I used TT too, and I had DD,for my refund, so I would figure that I should be receiving my rebate check the same way, that is officially the information.
If you had mailed your return, then that is why you will be receiving the rebate the same way.
I did not receive any information regarding this TR, my mother did, and other relatives and friends, I wonder if that means that I will not be receiving it?
I don't think so, however, if I don't well this is the era of bush!

Day 3 - still nothing for me. I'm hoping it's there on the date it was suppose to be - Friday May 2.

Did you use Turbo Tax with SBBT? That is great as I thought we would get a paper check in July.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter