• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Still working on my touring plan...

debbiedana

DIS Veteran
We're headed to DL for one day, Monday July 1st. Me and DD13 are WDW vets. We have her BFF and DH with us.

As of right now, my plan goes like this:

8am opening, we'll be at the gates by 7:30
Peter Pan
Dumbo - a runner will get Space FP
Matterhorn
Mr. Toad
Alice
Star Tours
Autopia - a runner will get Indy or Splash FP if time is up.
Buzz

Will the Star Tours line be terribly long by this point? I'm trying to avoid getting a FP for it because we'll need FP for Splash and Indy, and I think with the crowds and popularity of these attractions, they're going to go fast. Also, which would be the best FP to get first, Splash or Indy?

Where should I get Storybook Land Canal Boats in? DD just loves that, cracks me up! Will that have a crazy line in the afternoon? Should we wait and do that one late with Snow White, Pinocchio, Teacups and Toontown?

I tend to be a commando when everyone is fresh in the morning and slow it way down the in afternoon and evening to avoid fatigue and grumpiness. My afternoon rides will be IASW, Tiki Room, POTC, Haunted Mansion - fast loaders and queues that move quickly. Any others to add to that?

THANKS!!!!! My mind is swimming!

The canal boats is my mom's favorite ride. Every time we wait it is a horribly Long, slow moving line. If you can, I would do it early.

Do the Canal Boats open at 8am or 9 am? We did not get to ride this the last time, and want to be sure and fit it in. :wizard:

Midnightred

If you send someone immediately to get Space FPs, the return time will likely come up very quickly (possibly within 30 minutes or so). You'll need to plan to get everyone over to Tomorrowland within the one hour return window, which will interrupt your touring plan. Also, the Star Tours line isn't getting quite as long as it used to. There might be a few times during the day when it's 60 minutes or longer, but there are also times when it drops down to 20 or less.

If you send someone immediately to get Space FPs, the return time will likely come up very quickly (possibly within 30 minutes or so). You'll need to plan to get everyone over to Tomorrowland within the one hour return window, which will interrupt your touring plan. Also, the Star Tours line isn't getting quite as long as it used to. There might be a few times during the day when it's 60 minutes or longer, but there are also times when it drops down to 20 or less.

I'm thinking with how busy the day we will be there is going to be, getting Space fastpasses after we go on PP, somewhere around 8:15-8:20, should get me a time starting around 9:45. Our plan is FL and then TL so we should be right in the area when the Fp time comes up, even if we're only a land over :)

Canal boats closes for the parades. It reopens after each parade maybe about 15-20 after. Last week we were able to walk on after the 4:15 parade ended and it reopened. . It was a long wait other than that time.

Agree with the idea that your Space return window will be very quick... probably within an hour. However, I would use the new ability to get a FP to get your Splash FPs immediately, before doing any other rides ...the standby line for that gets INSANE in the heat, and if you're lucky the FP will fall smack in the middle of the heat of the day :-)

I'm thinking with how busy the day we will be there is going to be, getting Space fastpasses after we go on PP, somewhere around 8:15-8:20, should get me a time starting around 9:45. Our plan is FL and then TL so we should be right in the area when the Fp time comes up, even if we're only a land over :)

I think if you pull a Space FP at 8:15, you will likely get a starting time of 9:00.

Also, here's something I feel I should mention. Did you know you can actually hold 2 FP's at one time in Disneyland Park? Yup! One for whichever attraction you want and one for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin in Mickey's Toontown. You could always grab or send someone to grab FP's for that ride throughout the day and not waste any FP opportunities on the other attractions throughout the park. For some reason, Roger Rabbit is the only attraction you can hold a FP for while holding another one. I hope that this is of interest to you, I know it is for us! :thumbsup2

Rumor says that Roger Rabbit is connected to the system now. The only remaining unconnected passes are RSR and WoC

I think if you pull a Space FP at 8:15, you will likely get a starting time of 9:00.

And that's just fine, because we'll either be finishing fantasyland or starting tomorrowland between 9-10. That works out just perfect for us!

I'll work on timing the Canal Boats for right after the parade as well - great tip!

Thanks for all your responses!

How late are you planning on staying? I've never been to WDW (joined here to start planning, woohoo!) but DH and I have been to DL 5-6 times a year for the last few years.

We tend to do things a little bit roundabout- we always save Fantasyland until late at night. Not a whole lot of crowds, and it's just so darn pretty! We love the Storybook boats at night too. No line, and it's all lit up and gorgeous.

We usually start off in Tomorrowland- often Space Mountain first, Star Tours and Matterhorn. We haven't really ridden Splash Mountain a lot lately, but that is the time we would usually get an FP. (We've normally been able to ride all three rides in the first hour or so) Or, that is when we get a fastpass for Indy, (if the line is long), hit POC, and HM.

But, overall, if you're going to be there until closing- do Fantasyland after fireworks. We generally spend 15 minutes or less in line for Mr. Toads, Alice, etc. I think the longest wait we had was for Peter Pan, and still less than 30 minutes.

Unfortunately, we haven't been in a year, so we haven't been there when FP times were strictly enforced. But, we are headed back to our AP status in the fall (hopefully!)

Any chance your little ones are old enough to do single rider.You can ride Splash and Indy multiple times in about 15 minutes each if you can do this.Also they have added Matterhorn SR as well.These work if your kids are big enough better than fps these days.

Any chance your little ones are old enough to do single rider.You can ride Splash and Indy multiple times in about 15 minutes each if you can do this.Also they have added Matterhorn SR as well.These work if your kids are big enough better than fps these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter