• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Still trying to wrap my head around use year. . .

gzmtlock

DIS Veteran
Relatively new DVC owner here. We're a December use year. Considering a March 2016 stay. Would be borrowing 2016 points. If we had to cancel (outside the 31 day window), by when would I have to rebook to not lose the points?

TIA!

Relatively new DVC owner here. We're a December use year. Considering a March 2016 stay. Would be borrowing 2016 points. If we had to cancel (outside the 31 day window), by when would I have to rebook to not lose the points?
Your 2015 calendar begins in December 2015 and runs through November 2016. So, any borrowed points would need to be used one or before November 30th, 2016.

We have a December UY, and once you get used to it, it's not so bad. Unless you go in December, just think of your points as being in the next year. So your 2015 points are actually good in 2016. Your 2016 points in 2017, and so on. As supersnoop points out, if you borrow 2016 points into your 2015 UY and then cancel, they would need to be used by November 30th, 2016. And remember, you can't just start your reservation on November 30th, the whole amount has to be used up by the date of November 30th.

If we had to cancel (outside the 31 day window), by when would I have to rebook to not lose the points?

just to repeat the advice already offered, use year really has nothing to do with booking dates. you'd have to use all of the pts for a stay by the end of nov 2016 or else lose them...doesn't matter whether you book the stay in january or november of 2016...

Yes, sorry, I did not ask my question very well. I meant by when would the vacation have to be taken, not literally when I booked it. But it is a very important distinction, so thanks to everyone for making sure I'm on the right track!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter