Still on cloud nine after having brunch at Club 33 *UPDATE:Trip report link post 15

Lyn-CA

DIS Veteran
We spent over 3 hours just taking in the entire surreal experience. We sat in the Trophy room. The food, atmosphere, and service were top notch. Mickey and Pluto were an additional bonus. We also had a celebrity sighting-Tony Hawk had a table in the corner of the main dining room. All in all, it exceeded my expectations. Glad to be one of the last patrons to enjoy the Trophy room in its original condition. I should have pix and trip report when we return home later this week.

Awesome!! Can't wait for the report!

P.S. funny note about Tony Hawk - I have spotted him three times since I moved to SoCal... twice at the airport and once at a mall lol.

Sounds fabulous!
I have been fortunate to have a very good member connection for the past 20+ years. When I worked in Anaheim, I had the pleasure of reserving the Trophy Room for the staff and family of the dental office I worked in...a long time ago. We haven't taken up the opportunity to go to the Club in a while since I became a parent and they no longer offer the PH with a reservation. Since I have an AP, it is hard for me to justify the cost of the meal. When it included a park hopper and I wasn't an AP, it was a no brainier.
We decided to make reservations for my birthday during our next trip so I can see the trophy room in case the rumored refurb is true. I think that it is so iconic.
Can't wait to read your report and see the photos.

We also had a celebrity sighting-Tony Hawk had a table in the corner of the main dining room.

Sounds like you had a great visit :)

I've been a Tony Hawk fan since I started skateboarding in the 80's. I noticed he posted a couple photos on Twitter/Instagram about his experience today.

This Instagram photo is awesome!

http://instagram.com/p/eBGv3wrHuI/

(He said, "I was Pluto's chewtoy. My life is complete." LOL)

Wow what fun! And Tony Hawk too funny. Love that photo.

Thought I had a connection lined up for my 30th bday trip this December but it fell through, but it sounds like it might be refurbing then anyway so maybe it was meant to be.

oooohhh that is so, SO neat! You lucky duck!! I love reading about the stories of those fortunate enough to get to visit the club!! I just cannot imagine what it would be like! To actually get to dine in Walt's special place!! I imagine I'd be shedding more than a few tears! lol How amazing to get to eat with celebrities too! I have always wanted to visit Club 33 too, but alas, we live in Washington, I work for free (homeschool mom to three girls! ha!) and I don't know anybody. (My social life is pretty much encompassed by people in the 2-8 age range these days...and last I checked my toddler doesn't have a 33 membership!!!) LOL :rotfl2: To top that off, we are moving to Florida soon. So thank goodness for all the posts and photos from people like you, I really love them! Keep em coming!! :thumbsup2

...they no longer offer the PH with a reservation. Since I have an AP, it is hard for me to justify the cost of the meal. When it included a park hopper and I wasn't an AP, it was a no brainier...
The PH included with reservations was too good a deal for guests, so unfortunately it became a "no brainer" to eliminate :idea:

We decided to make reservations for my birthday during our next trip so I can see the trophy room in case the rumored refurb is true. I think that it is so iconic.
Not rumored any longer. Club 33 will close Jan 6 for refurb. Last day of dining will be Jan 5, for approximately 6 months.

Did you buy out the merchandise cabinet? We went to Club 33 this summer and between DH and I, I feel like we bought half the cabinet! :rotfl2: One of the things I got was a 33 keychain so I get to see it everyday when I drive to work. :goodvibes

Our server Robert told us that they will be expanding the Club to accommodate a jazz club which was Walt's original idea for Club 33. The kitchen will be expanded where the Trophy room currently is located. He hopes they will recreate the Trophy room somehow in the new space. The refurb is slated for 6 months starting Jan. 6, 2014. HTH.

Did you buy out the merchandise cabinet? We went to Club 33 this summer and between DH and I, I feel like we bought half the cabinet! :rotfl2: One of the things I got was a 33 keychain so I get to see it everyday when I drive to work. :goodvibes

Haha, we were tempted to buy out the merch cabinet but we restrained ourselves and only got a baseball hat and keychain for myself and a mug and large pin for DH.

Haha, we were tempted to buy out the merch cabinet but we restrained ourselves and only got a baseball hat and keychain for myself and a mug and large pin for DH.

I wish I had bought more myself. The selection the night I was there was a bit limited though.

Awesome photos! I was just like you......beyond excited that I was there! You could really see how happy and excited you all were =) So glad you had a magical trip!

Wow! Those are gorgeous pictures!! How wonderful you got to have that experience before it's gone forever. The new club is going to be so different--no trophy room, no fireplace, no buffet :sad1:. There will be all new china and furnishings, I think, but there won't be any replacement for the loss of the trophy room as far as dining tables. There will be a new lounge area but you can only go there if the member is with you.

Anyway, what a fun time you must've had! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photos.

Thanks so much for sharing! I so wish I had taken more pics inside when we were there. My wife was giving me a hard time, and said "quit acting like a dork taking pics of everything" so I stopped. :( Your pics showed me some things I totally missed.

Anybody have a pic of the fireplace they are supposedly removing from the main dining room? I swear it was on the other side of the room, and on an inside wall so the comments replacing it with a window which I've been seeing floating around was confusing me.

Wow! Those are gorgeous pictures!! How wonderful you got to have that experience before it's gone forever. The new club is going to be so different--no trophy room, no fireplace, no buffet :sad1:. There will be all new china and furnishings, I think, but there won't be any replacement for the loss of the trophy room as far as dining tables. There will be a new lounge area but you can only go there if the member is with you.

Anyway, what a fun time you must've had! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photos.

Wait - WHAT? No more buffet? :sad2: I hadn't heard that part.

Is C33 going to be closed during these extensive renovations? If so, when will it close and for how long?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter