• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

STILL NO FAQs! Part III "Official 'unofficial' AKL LITE"...

I am so sorry for your losses. I hope you will have a magical time at Walt Disney World.

Corinna
Thank you so much. We had a wonderful time at Disney. We met up with some of my cousins from Tennessee on Thursday at Disney Springs to hear my cousin Pat's grandson sing with his middle school performance group. They were so good!

....my DS is a numnutz.....of course, I mean that in the best possible way.....not only was he required to speak perfect English, but he had to know CHINESE as well.....what a knucklehead :crazy:....needless to say, he cannot continue with the application process.....
:sad2: Perhaps he can apply to an English speaking park in the future?

Good morning, Js & Ks! :sunny:

Sounds like everyone is having life as usual (trips, crazy kids, sad events).

I am glad you got to go away and be kids, Aurora! :love: (I got away to be an adult. :yay: ) It looks like we were there at the same time, but I left before I read your post. :sad1: I was quickly reminded why we stopped going to WDW in September... good lord it was HOT. I didn't get to do 1/4 of what I had planned at the F&W Festival. BUT, I did get to spend quality alone time topped off with two fabulous women for the last day and a half of my trip. Laura and her aunt graciously added me to their plans for two dinners and a brunch and some fast passes. We had a great time!

Now we are frantically getting ready to head to San Juan, PR next Friday for Kathrin's wedding and all the festivities that are planned for the week. I know it will be a special tie, but I fear our weather is not going to be so great. :mad: Let's hope the long-range forecast changes a bit!

If I don't get back here this week, I will post pictures when we get back in two weeks!!

I am glad you got to go away and be kids, Aurora! :love: (I got away to be an adult. :yay: ) It looks like we were there at the same time, but I left before I read your post. :sad1: I was quickly reminded why we stopped going to WDW in September... good lord it was HOT. I didn't get to do 1/4 of what I had planned at the F&W Festival. BUT, I did get to spend quality alone time topped off with two fabulous women for the last day and a half of my trip. Laura and her aunt graciously added me to their plans for two dinners and a brunch and some fast passes. We had a great time!

Now we are frantically getting ready to head to San Juan, PR next Friday for Kathrin's wedding and all the festivities that are planned for the week. I know it will be a special tie, but I fear our weather is not going to be so great. :mad: Let's hope the long-range forecast changes a bit!

If I don't get back here this week, I will post pictures when we get back in two weeks!!

We had a wonderful time with you, Elin! My aunt, Jeanne, said it just wasn't the same after you left!!! She's right! ;)

Safe travels to San Juan. Hugs to you, Bob, the bride & groom, and the "girlies"! Much love always. :love:

....and, on a lighter note [while speaking of Disney parks] he started seeing a girl [whom he had met in one of his classes last year]....she lives one town over and she worked full time at WDW from 2012 to 2014 as Rapunzel. She had to leave that since the wig (it was over 20 lbs. ! :eek: ) eventually gave her some neck and back problems....she's also told us some eye-opening, 'behind-the-scenes' stories....:scared:

.....Fall weather is so wonky.....the temperature dropped from last night (around 68 degrees at 9PM) to a chilly, soggy, misty 50 degrees.....

CIAO to Tina, nice to "meet" you !!
Elin , so glad your cruise was fabulous !! Let us know about the wedding plans, dress shopping etc !!
ALOHA with much love to dear Kim, Laura, Brandy and Corinna: it's nice to be here again, it looked like I could NOT find this thread anymore ... ( I'll have to catch up :love:with all of your news ...)
Kathy: AUGURI for wonderful Kieran , I can see how excited you are re your trip to PA and ... Christmas time !! WOW !! and tks for posting news about us :
here are two of the pictures we took during our magical Hawaiian vacation.

One of the highlights of this trip was our two days visit up to Kilauea Volcano …

ry%3D400

Both Marco and I love Hawaiian food ( even POI!!) so much , we attended many luaus and had great fun with some "new friends" in Kapaa:

ry%3D400

Love :rainbow: to each of you !!
....loving the pix, Laura.....:thumbsup2

BTW, I fianlly got around to updating my house thread:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/my-happy-place-when-im-not.3515890/page-5

We had a wonderful time with you, Elin! My aunt, Jeanne, said it just wasn't the same after you left!!! She's right! ;)

Safe travels to San Juan. Hugs to you, Bob, the bride & groom, and the "girlies"! Much love always. :love:
Thanks, Laura! My trips to WDW are just not as complete without being with you so I am so glad we worked it out to be together for part of this trip. :love: Please be sure to give Jeanne a link to me on Facebook if she ever joins! ;) I loved being with you and adore your "Aunt" Jeanne. She could be our sister!! :)

We are not packed completely yet and we leave as soon as I am done teaching this afternoon. We decided to use up a free e-certificate from Marriott to stay part way to Baltimore tonight and then do some sightseeing tomorrow before we check into the Marriott at BWI. There are two HUGE events happening in Baltimore tomorrow so we may not go to the B & O Train Museum there after all. We are looking into possibly a stop in Annapolis instead. We are just getting out of here and winging it because we are too excited to stay around here any longer. :yay: I will check in when I can. Have a great week, Js & Ks! :sunny:

Hello Jamborinis and Kidanites!

Just found this thread again! Hope everyone is doing well.

Kimmar, sending your son prayers and pixie dust for his internship application!

Tomorrow, we're on our way to WDW for a week of pretending we're not adults. If anyone is down there and wants to meet up, PM me.

I need a week of not being an adult. Last week, a cousin who was like a sister died on Sunday and my step-grandmother who was the only grandmother I knew on my Dad's side died on Tuesday. I'm funeraled out after back to back funerals.

So if you're at WDW this coming week and spy a reubenesque (aka voluptuous) short woman with short red hair skipping around the parks, dancing in line, or singing, and a man with glasses and a red face who looks like he's embarrassed to be with her, stop and say hi. It's probably me and DH. :rotfl2:

I told the rest of the family, who are staying behind at home due to work, that we're not accepting any phone calls, texts, e-mails, owls, or any other communications reporting deaths for the next week. Acceptable topics are adjusting the pool level, good news, and job promotions.

Sorry for the sad times you have had.
But very glad that you could have YOUR WEEK OF BEING A KID !! What a wonderful idea !!:love:

....my DS is a numnutz.....of course, I mean that in the best possible way.....not only was he required to speak perfect English, but he had to know CHINESE as well.....what a knucklehead :crazy:....needless to say, he cannot continue with the application process.....
Oh no !! Sorry for this.
He might try for "English speaking" jobs ... he HAS to try and keep "spirits" high !!:love2:

AWWW !! I guess I am late here, but HERE ARE OUR BEST WARMEST ITALIAN HUGS TO kATHRIN AND ALL OF YOU !! Pictures please !!
Have the most wonderful time !! :tinker:Wishes of happiness and love !! :rainbow:

I do hope I haven't forgotten anyone of my lovely friends here. :grouphug:
I have been MIA ... as I have had a "problem" , an unexpected Bell's Palsy. Early days have been scary, very...
Now I am having rehabilitation , found a very good physioterapist , we can now see improvements :thumbsup2 but ...
could you please send positive thoughts this way ?
Meanwhile, ENJOY THOSE LITTLE DAY-BY-DAY THINGS , one does not appreciate "things" until one suddenly looses them ...
Love always to each of you !!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter