• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Still no calories in a picture-Updated 2/27 Everything Pop and Be Our Guest

Sad that the rain was such a downer...and I know that having your little one be cranky was upsetting to you.BUT .your little princess is not the only kid who has had a bad day at Disney...you rolled with it quite well...she is a cutie...thanks for your reviews

I love the pear cider too & CP is our favorite breakfast buffet!! What cute pictures you took!!pooh:

That pear cider really is delicious. I may need to track it down to enjoy on my deck this summer.

I'm with ya on Crystal Palace. We only went once and the limited amount of mediocre food they did have certainly wasn't worth the price of admission.

I'm glad someone agrees with me, everyone seems to love it but I don't get the hype. Not all Disney buffets are created equal.

Sad that the rain was such a downer...and I know that having your little one be cranky was upsetting to you.BUT .your little princess is not the only kid who has had a bad day at Disney...you rolled with it quite well...she is a cutie...thanks for your reviews

Very true. Plenty of kids, and adults, have had bad days at Disney.

Following along...enjoying all the food pics :)

Welcome!

After a busy morning of meeting princesses and riding rides in Fantasyland, it was time for one of our must do quick service restaurants. I have no idea why, but I insist on eating at Cosmic Ray’s at least once per trip. Over the years it has grown on Jesse and he considers it a must do as well.

Cami and I split a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a chocolate cake for dessert. This was a standard Disney QS burger and fries, but everything was hot and fresh. It hit the spot for me.
20151029_113345_zpsvpgb4xsj.jpg

I wish that more QS restaurants offered unique desserts, but when I am on the dining plan I am happy to indulge in the pre-packaged chocolate cake.

20151029_113350_zpsb3gmkwwz.jpg

Jesse ordered a side of fries and a diet coke because he still wasn’t feeling well. He ate 2 or 3 fries and that was it. Food is one of his favorite parts of a Disney trip, so it was clear that he was not having a good day. I kept insisting that he head back to the room and I would stay out with Cami, but he wanted to press on as best he could.

After our meal Cami needed a nap and we needed to get out of the heat (it was unseasonably hot for our entire trip) so we decided to hop the monorail to the Polynesian.

We then headed back to Magic Kingdom, where Cami got her first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop. While we waited, we enjoyed a cookie from Main Street Confectionary. It was good, but nothing life changing.
20151029_141131_zps5ilury6b.jpg

20151029_141514_zpsyxdaye7z.jpg

After a hot afternoon at Magic Kingdom, we enjoyed a relaxing boat ride to Wilderness Lodge. We checked in for our reservation at Whispering Canyon Café a few minutes early and were seated immediately. Unfortunately, we were seated on a sort of patio that over looked the side of the lobby. There were 8 tables out there and they were completely separate from the rest of the restaurant. We couldn’t really see the antics from where we were seated and despite turning our coaster to the “jump in and play” side, our server did literally nothing to enhance our experience. Our server also chose not to write anything down, which would be fine if he could remember things, but he was incredibly forgetful.

I started the meal with a chocolate shake and a soda. They have the absolute best shakes that I have ever tried. Jesse had a soda and Cami had a juice. On the dining plan our server allowed us to order a shake AND soda as the drink portion of the credit, and we were still able to get dessert. This made my day because I wanted something cold and refreshing but I couldn’t pass up the chance to order one of their shakes.

For our meal we both ordered the all you care to enjoy skillet. The meal started with the Family-style Mixed Greens tossed in an Apple Vinaigrette Dressing and Fresh-baked Cornbread. The salad was fresh and refreshing.
I personally don’t care for cornbread (weird, I know) so we have to go with Jesse’s review of it. Last time he called it the best he has ever eaten, this time he said it tasted like a box mix. I doubt they changed the recipe, so I am guessing he was either really hungry last time, or really sick this time…maybe a combination of both.

20151029_184657_zpspjoetm9z.jpg

The main course consisted of Slow-smoked Pork Ribs, Barbecued Pulled Pork, Roasted Chicken, Oak-roasted Beef Strip Loin, and Western-style Sausage served with Seasonal Farm Fresh Vegetables, Mashed Yukon Potatoes, Corn on the Cobb, and Cowboy-style Baked Beans. Everything was good, but for some reason we didn’t enjoy it as much as last time. I didn’t take great notes on this meal but I don’t remember any stand outs this time.

20151029_185011_zps3fqaysc8.jpg

It took a long time for us to order dessert and settle the check. Our server just wasn’t very attentive. He also came back 3 or 4 times to confirm what Jesse ordered for dessert because he didn’t write it down and he kept forgetting.

We ordered our dessert to go, which we enjoyed in the room later. I ordered the Apple-caramel pie. It was really tasty, but a bit heavy on the crust.
20151029_210128_zpsv5dhsdob.jpg

Jesse ordered the seasonal cheesecake, which I believe was some sort of pumpkin. Now, after ordering this multiple times, we got back to the room and opened…..
20151029_210140_zpsa97gurfp.jpg

I am guessing this is the campfire style gooey cake based on the online menu. It was really dry. We both had a bite or two and the rest went in the trash. I don’t know if it would have been better fresh.

On our last trip we loved Whispering Canyon Café. We had great food and outstanding service. Unfortunately, this trip was the opposite. The food was okay, but nothing spectacular. Service was pretty terrible. And the atmosphere was actually one of the most peaceful meals we had all week because of the location of our table. I won’t completely write off Whispering Canyon after one bad experience, but we will skip it on our next trip.

How cute that Cami got her first haircut at the barber shop!

I haven't been to Cosmic Ray's in quite a while, but I think it's always decent - like you can count on a good burger and fries there. Gotta love that chocolate cake, I don't think I'd actually pay for it but on the dining plan it's a nice plus.

After a hot afternoon at Magic Kingdom, we enjoyed a relaxing boat ride to Wilderness Lodge. We checked in for our reservation at Whispering Canyon Café a few minutes early and were seated immediately. Unfortunately, we were seated on a sort of patio that over looked the side of the lobby. There were 8 tables out there and they were completely separate from the rest of the restaurant. We couldn’t really see the antics from where we were seated and despite turning our coaster to the “jump in and play” side, our server did literally nothing to enhance our experience. Our server also chose not to write anything down, which would be fine if he could remember things, but he was incredibly forgetful.

Oh no... forgetful servers are the worst! I'd be kinda bummed about being away from all the action, but it seems relaxing in a way to be away from all that.

I started the meal with a chocolate shake and a soda. They have the absolute best shakes that I have ever tried. Jesse had a soda and Cami had a juice. On the dining plan our server allowed us to order a shake AND soda as the drink portion of the credit, and we were still able to get dessert. This made my day because I wanted something cold and refreshing but I couldn’t pass up the chance to order one of their shakes.

AWESOME! That is so nice.

Jesse ordered the seasonal cheesecake, which I believe was some sort of pumpkin. Now, after ordering this multiple times, we got back to the room and opened…..
20151029_210140_zpsa97gurfp.jpg

I am guessing this is the campfire style gooey cake based on the online menu. It was really dry. We both had a bite or two and the rest went in the trash. I don’t know if it would have been better fresh.

Haha, oh my gosh.... I can't stand when servers don't write things down, then get it wrong.. it's not that hard to write it down and then bring someone the right thing, it seems like a waste of time to not write it down then come back 3-4 times... I can't believe you still went home with the wrong thing. Darn.

Following along. We were there the same time. I remember the heat/humidity/misty rain ...lol lots of fun. I too was disappointed in the Apple Strudel. Hubby is German and we were expecting better flavor. Or any at all :/

I'm in!!

Glad you managed to enjoy f & w despite the rain!! Looks like it honestly was a good day! Gloomy days are the best for festivals! no crowds!!
It's honestly SO WEIRD TO ME that they didn't have kids cups at Chefs...we have them at Le Cellier...and even if they were temporarily out of them I feel like there was a way better option than a stemmed glass!

I have to agree on CP, it's nowhere near as good as it used to be! Our first trip it had chocolate mickey waffles & I haven't seen them anywhere since. I do think breakfast is the best of the meals, we've always been disappointed in dinner for the price.

Sad that WCC was no good for you this time, we've always had a good time there, if not a HILARIOUS time, but we usually ask for a specific server! The last time we were sat on that little veranda and it is totally separated, I'm not sure I like it out there!

How cute that Cami got her first haircut at the barber shop!

I haven't been to Cosmic Ray's in quite a while, but I think it's always decent - like you can count on a good burger and fries there. Gotta love that chocolate cake, I don't think I'd actually pay for it but on the dining plan it's a nice plus.

Oh no... forgetful servers are the worst! I'd be kinda bummed about being away from all the action, but it seems relaxing in a way to be away from all that.

AWESOME! That is so nice.

Haha, oh my gosh.... I can't stand when servers don't write things down, then get it wrong.. it's not that hard to write it down and then bring someone the right thing, it seems like a waste of time to not write it down then come back 3-4 times... I can't believe you still went home with the wrong thing. Darn.

It really was so exciting getting to do her first haircut at Disney World, it is really reasonably priced too.

It was incredibly frustrating that he couldn't remember anything. It was even worse that we got the dessert to go, so we couldn't even correct the issue.

Following along. We were there the same time. I remember the heat/humidity/misty rain ...lol lots of fun. I too was disappointed in the Apple Strudel. Hubby is German and we were expecting better flavor. Or any at all :/

Welcome! I had heard great things about the apple strudel and was excited to try it, but it really was bland. I am glad someone agrees with me :)

Thanks for sharing. Loving all the pictures.

Welcome!

I'm in!!

Glad you managed to enjoy f & w despite the rain!! Looks like it honestly was a good day! Gloomy days are the best for festivals! no crowds!!
It's honestly SO WEIRD TO ME that they didn't have kids cups at Chefs...we have them at Le Cellier...and even if they were temporarily out of them I feel like there was a way better option than a stemmed glass!

I have to agree on CP, it's nowhere near as good as it used to be! Our first trip it had chocolate mickey waffles & I haven't seen them anywhere since. I do think breakfast is the best of the meals, we've always been disappointed in dinner for the price.

Sad that WCC was no good for you this time, we've always had a good time there, if not a HILARIOUS time, but we usually ask for a specific server! The last time we were sat on that little veranda and it is totally separated, I'm not sure I like it out there!

Welcome! We love rainy days at Disney (in moderation) because it weeds out the weak :)
I don't expect to have special accomodations for kids everywhere we go, but you really think that every Disney restaurant would have child friendly glassware. I have even seen better options at signature restaurants.
Our expectations for Crystal Palace may have been a bit too high. I was hoping for similar variety and quality to Cape May Cafe (our favorite) and it just didn't compare.
I definitely would still encourage people to try WCC, I just think we had an off meal, and certainly not their best server. Our server at WCC on our previous trip was one of the best we have ever had.

On Friday, October 30th we were up bright and early to visit….

20151030_082936_zpspqjwa6du.jpg

Animal Kingdom actually ranks second behind MK for all three of us. We love the themeing of this park and it is a nice break in the middle of a trip. Typically I avoid extra magic hour days but this day worked the best in our schedule, despite the 8 a.m. EMH. I am assuming we grabbed something quick for breakfast, because there is no way I left the room without eating in the morning, but apparently I did not take any photos or notes on what we ate. We spent the morning riding Kilimanjaro Safari, exploring Pangani Forest Exploration Trail and visiting Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Cami was very excited about the goats and probably would have spent all day there if we didn’t have lunch reservations at Tusker House.
20151030_101408_zpsp6n6wgpm.jpg

We scheduled our reservation for 11:20 so that we were able to experience both breakfast and lunch. We checked in a few minutes early and were seated very quickly. It was ridiculously hot that day, and for most of our trip, so I was thrilled to see ice water available for while we waited for our table. I didn’t take any notes about our server and I don’t remember anything about him/her either, so I am pretty sure service was fine but nothing exceptional.

Cami’s first plate consisted of ham and cheese frittata, Mickey waffle, roasted potatoes, green beans, macaroni and cheese and some fresh fruit. My notes are really lacking from this meal
and I have no idea what she actually ate.
20151030_113038_zps1weawuma.jpg

Her next plate consisted of cucumber salad, grapes and a watermelon mint salad. I do remember that this plate was a huge hit.

20151030_115030_zpssmuwi0ip.jpg

She also had a bowl of applesauce, always a winner.
20151030_115001_zps7un4f6fi.jpg

My first plate consisted of carved beef strip loin, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, green beans, corn, toasted couscous salad, and pork loin with what I believe was a mustard sauce. Everything was good and fresh. The beef was a bit well done. The pork with sauce was outstanding. I also really enjoyed the toasted couscous salad.
20151030_113103_zpsrh2nxzhc.jpg

My second plate was my salad and bread course, which is totally backwards. Starting at the top and working clockwise, there is a spinach/mixed greens salad, roasted red pepper hummus, mango chutney, fresh fruit, Caesar salad and an assortment of breads. The fruit and salads were fresh. Tusker House consistently has some of the best hummus and fruit chutney that I have ever tried.
20151030_114512_zpszcbwzkvx.jpg

Jesse had two plates but I must have only gotten a picture of one. Starting at the top, he had corn dog nuggets, some sort of bread, butter chicken with rice, mashed potatoes and beef strip loin with a ton of gravy. Since he is a breakfast lover, I was shocked that he completely skipped the breakfast options this trip. I am assuming his second plate was more interesting because this looks pretty boring for him.
20151030_113547_zps5ykbqb8y.jpg

For dessert Cami got a doughnut hole and a cookie, which I remember that she would not eat. She was getting really tired and cranky by the end of this meal and passed out in the stroller just about as soon as we left.
20151030_120015_zpsbabxuvhb.jpg

The other dessert plate consisted of a layer bar, fruit tart, brownie, carrot cake, peanut butter bar, and brownie with nuts. Unfortunately none of these were all that good. A few of them were stale and there were no stand outs in terms of flavor. Last year Tusker House had some of the best desserts that I have ever tried on a buffet, so this was a bit of a disappointment.
20151030_120022_zpshbdwporo.jpg

During our meal we were visited by Daisy, Goofy, Donald and Mickey. The timing was completely off and they were literally all at the tables next to each other. This resulted in very rushed character interactions. I would think that a manager or character handler would jump in and do something to correct the spacing when it gets that bad, but apparently not. In a way it was kind of nice to get all of the characters done at the exact same time, but certainly not ideal for them.

20151030_115500_zpsxyiw08hq.jpg

20151030_115407_zpso2hl9k11.jpg

20151030_115440_zpsvugdqm2h.jpg

20151030_115332_zpsrhdeokcq.jpg

Tusker House consistently delivers above average food for a buffet in a fun, unique atmosphere. While there were a couple misses on this visit, it remains one of my favorite character meals on property and we certainly will be back.

We had left our plans for Friday evening up in the air. One option was to head to Disney Springs, but with the insane heat and humidity all we wanted to do was hop in the pool. We made the mistake of telling a two year old that we were going swimming before we left the park. Next time I will remember that a two year old does not understand that we actually meant, leave the park, wait for a bus, take bus to our resort, walk to our room, change into swimwear, walk to dinner, order dinner, eat dinner, order dessert, eat dessert, walk to the pool, THEN go swimming. Poor girl was fed up and I am pretty sure that she thought we were complete liars about the pool.

Since we knew we were heading back to our resort for the evening, we had the options of Everything Pop or Landscape of Flavors. We have eaten at Everything Pop several times and have always left satisfied, but nothing in particular sounded good that night. We had not tried dinner at Landscape of Flavors, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it.

I decided that Cami and I would split the create your own pasta. We started with farfalle pasta and topped it with alfredo sauce, chicken, garlic, broccoli, red peppers and parmesan. It was served with a side of garlic bread. This was delicious, by far one of the best dishes I have had on property. At $11.99 it is a huge portion of good quality food and an excellent value.
20151030_190145_zpsbqj2s7bp.jpg

Since we were on the dining plan, I used my refillable mug for a beverage and decided to get a different side instead. I had heard great things about the cheesy pesto bread, so I was excited to try it. The flavor was good, and it was really tasty, but the center was a bit soggy. Be sure to ask for a side of marinara sauce because it is even better with the sauce.
20151030_190152_zpspsguigyd.jpg

Jesse decided to order the Pierogi with Kielbasa. He said it was really good and the peppers were a nice addition to the dish. It is hard to tell here, but this was on the small side for Disney portions. Jesse ended up polishing off the rest of my pasta. Right when we arrived I suggested that Jesse could get another side instead of a beverage but the whole substitution concept stressed him out. He ended up just picking up a bottled beverage for later.
20151030_190140_zpsxdedcdvw.jpg

For dessert we had our receipt stamped so that we could go back for gelato after we ate our dinner. I ordered nutella and Jesse ordered chocolate. These were okay, but pretty flavorless. Definitely not something I would go out of my way to get in the future.
20151030_193322_zpsed8kbwcz.jpg

20151030_193330_zpskj46zfsv.jpg

Landscape of Flavors exceeded our expectations. I will absolutely make a point to stop back next time we stay at Pop or AoA.

We had left our plans for Friday evening up in the air. One option was to head to Disney Springs, but with the insane heat and humidity all we wanted to do was hop in the pool. We made the mistake of telling a two year old that we were going swimming before we left the park. Next time I will remember that a two year old does not understand that we actually meant, leave the park, wait for a bus, take bus to our resort, walk to our room, change into swimwear, walk to dinner, order dinner, eat dinner, order dessert, eat dessert, walk to the pool, THEN go swimming. Poor girl was fed up and I am pretty sure that she thought we were complete liars about the pool.
There is no reasoning with a 2 year old! I've not had the make-your-own pasta at LoF, but I've had it at POR and agree that's huge portion and really good!

Animal Kingdom actually ranks second behind MK for all three of us. We love the themeing of this park and it is a nice break in the middle of a trip. Typically I avoid extra magic hour days but this day worked the best in our schedule, despite the 8 a.m. EMH.

We love AK too, for that very reason! My fiance says it's his favorite park (gasp). I love the quiet of the morning and the theming.

We made the mistake of telling a two year old that we were going swimming before we left the park. Next time I will remember that a two year old does not understand that we actually meant, leave the park, wait for a bus, take bus to our resort, walk to our room, change into swimwear, walk to dinner, order dinner, eat dinner, order dessert, eat dessert, walk to the pool, THEN go swimming. Poor girl was fed up and I am pretty sure that she thought we were complete liars about the pool.

LOL! :laughing:

I decided that Cami and I would split the create your own pasta. We started with farfalle pasta and topped it with alfredo sauce, chicken, garlic, broccoli, red peppers and parmesan. It was served with a side of garlic bread. This was delicious, by far one of the best dishes I have had on property. At $11.99 it is a huge portion of good quality food and an excellent value.

This looks so good! We walked over and had lunch once, and I was amazed by their food court. So many great options and it had more than a "food court" feel to me. $11.99 for all that pasta is an excellent value.

Since we were on the dining plan, I used my refillable mug for a beverage and decided to get a different side instead. I had heard great things about the cheesy pesto bread, so I was excited to try it. The flavor was good, and it was really tasty, but the center was a bit soggy. Be sure to ask for a side of marinara sauce because it is even better with the sauce.

Drooling! That is so nice that you can swap out for another side. I'll have to remember that.

Cami was very excited about the goats and probably would have spent all day there if we didn’t have lunch reservations at Tusker House.
20151030_101408_zpsp6n6wgpm.jpg
Love this picture. My daughter loves it here too. Have to literally drag her out of the place

We scheduled our reservation for 11:20 so that we were able to experience both breakfast and lunch.
Yeah for two meals for one. We typically do a late breakfast so we can do the same thing.

The other dessert plate consisted of a layer bar, fruit tart, brownie, carrot cake, peanut butter bar, and brownie with nuts. Unfortunately none of these were all that good. A few of them were stale and there were no stand outs in terms of flavor. Last year Tusker House had some of the best desserts that I have ever tried on a buffet, so this was a bit of a disappointment.
What was the dessert you had last year? I don't think I've ever even tried dessert here usually because I'm too stuffed but also because they seem pretty uninspired compared to the rest of the food. Would love to try something good though!!!!

Tusker House consistently delivers above average food for a buffet in a fun, unique atmosphere. While there were a couple misses on this visit, it remains one of my favorite character meals on property and we certainly will be back.
I could not agree more. Tusker is the one and only buffet we return to. Love it!

Next time I will remember that a two year old does not understand that we actually meant, leave the park, wait for a bus, take bus to our resort, walk to our room, change into swimwear, walk to dinner, order dinner, eat dinner, order dessert, eat dessert, walk to the pool, THEN go swimming. Poor girl was fed up and I am pretty sure that she thought we were complete liars about the pool.
Sadly this still applies to the 3 and 4 year old crowd too ; )

decided that Cami and I would split the create your own pasta. We started with farfalle pasta and topped it with alfredo sauce, chicken, garlic, broccoli, red peppers and parmesan. It was served with a side of garlic bread. This was delicious, by far one of the best dishes I have had on property. At $11.99 it is a huge portion of good quality food and an excellent value.
20151030_190145_zpsbqj2s7bp.jpg
Wow, this looks and sounds delicious. What a bargain.

20151030_190152_zpspsguigyd.jpg
Soggyness aside, this looks delicious. Could devour some right about now.

There is no reasoning with a 2 year old! I've not had the make-your-own pasta at LoF, but I've had it at POR and agree that's huge portion and really good!

It really was delicious, definitely something I would order again.

We love AK too, for that very reason! My fiance says it's his favorite park (gasp). I love the quiet of the morning and the theming.

LOL! :laughing:

This looks so good! We walked over and had lunch once, and I was amazed by their food court. So many great options and it had more than a "food court" feel to me. $11.99 for all that pasta is an excellent value.

Drooling! That is so nice that you can swap out for another side. I'll have to remember that.

I love when other people are fans of AK! It makes me sad that people say it is basically a zoo and worth skipping.
Disney has a new policy with the dining plan that you can swap out your beverage or dessert for any other eligible snack item on the menu. There was a lot of confusion when it was first implemented (last Spring I believe) but now it seems to be a common occurrence.

Love this picture. My daughter loves it here too. Have to literally drag her out of the place

Yeah for two meals for one. We typically do a late breakfast so we can do the same thing.

What was the dessert you had last year? I don't think I've ever even tried dessert here usually because I'm too stuffed but also because they seem pretty uninspired compared to the rest of the food. Would love to try something good though!!!!

I could not agree more. Tusker is the one and only buffet we return to. Love it!

Sadly this still applies to the 3 and 4 year old crowd too ; )

Wow, this looks and sounds delicious. What a bargain.

Soggyness aside, this looks delicious. Could devour some right about now.

Last year at Tusker House I had some other pre-made desserts, nothing special but they were all fresh and delicious.

On Halloween morning we were up bright and early so that we could move our belongings to Boardwalk Inn before heading to Magic Kingdom for a bit. While I worked on packing, I sent Jesse down to Everything Pop to pick up a quick bite to eat.

I wasn’t in the mood for a big heavy breakfast, but I wanted something to get my day going (I am miserable to be around when I have an empty stomach). I decided to split a chocolate croissant and clementines with Cami.
20151031_074227_zpstwv0tcbi.jpg

20151031_074225_zpsiiykz7of.jpg

The croissant was delicious, as always. It is one of my favorite pastries on property and never disappoints. The clementines were fine but not great.

20151031_074235_zpskto2u4qb.jpg

Jesse chose his beloved bounty platter with French toast. Everything was pretty average, but it hit the spot for him.

As soon as we were dressed and done eating we headed off to Boardwalk Inn. It was only 8:00 or so in the morning, so I didn’t plan on having a room ready yet, but I wanted to avoid dealing with check-in lines on a Saturday evening after a day outside in the heat. Not only was a room ready, but we were family of the day! Our last name is something that works well for Halloween, and it probably helped that we were checking in so early in the day.

We just had a standard room booked, so I requested a room with a view of anything other than a parking lot or service area. Our journey to our room took us down never-ending hallways until we reached the second to last room from the lobby. On one hand, it was nice to be inside for the long walk, but on the other hand, the endless hallway makes for a very boring walk. All was forgiven when we entered our room and discovered that it was larger than a standard room at a deluxe resort. And then I saw this view….

20151101_072244_zpsgubp2ay5.jpg

It was exactly what we needed after having our least favorite room ever at Pop (which we have always loved in the past). This room really spoiled us. Once we got slightly settled, we caught a bus to Magic Kingdom.

Great luck on the boardwalk room. Though I'm with ya on those lone never ending hallways. At least your walk was worth it in the end. What does the family of the day mean?

We spent a very very hot morning in Magic Kingdom before checking in for our lunch reservation at Be Our Guest. It had been a year since our last visit, which was a chaotic mess, so I was curious to see how this visit would go. When we arrived they were checking in anyone within 5 minutes of their reservation time. Since we pre-ordered, we were escorted to a very short line. We were then greeted by a cast member who confirmed our order, took our payment and told us to find a seat in any of the three dining rooms. Last year we pre-ordered and it took something crazy, like 40 minutes, to even get to this point. This visit was off to a much better start.

A few minutes after we sat down, Cami’s food arrived. We ordered her the whole grain macaroni with marinara and mozzarella. We were able to choose one side, so we selected the peach applesauce. A cookie ended up being delivered instead. We didn’t say anything and it was a pretty delicious cookie. This was probably Cami’s favorite meal all week. At home I only cook whole wheat pasta, so that is what Cami is used to. It is worth noting that this looks just like plain white pasta for little ones who may not be used to eating whole grain foods.
20151031_110421_zpsoegg5t9p.jpg

I ordered the same entrée that I had last year, the Braised Pork. It was delicious but for the second time in a row, I have to say that I found it a bit salty. This would still remain on my possibility list in the future and is one of my favorite quick service meals on property.
20151031_110803_zps0vmbs0qh.jpg

Jesse decided to try something new to him (gasp!). He ordered the Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich. This was delicious. There was plenty of meat and fresh greens. The fries were good and above average for a quick service restaurant.
20151031_110750_zps8k3oh8vz.jpg

For dessert I tried the triple chocolate cupcake. It was rich and chocolatey, just like you would expect. For some reason there is not a picture of this one.

Jesse ordered his favorite, the strawberry cream cheese cupcake. As always, he loved it and deemed it one of his favorite cupcakes ever.
20151031_110816_zpsgzdkfmvy.jpg

Since we didn’t plan on Cami having a cookie, and we didn’t want to share our cupcakes, we ordered her a lemon meringue cupcake. This was pretty good but I would have liked it to be a bit more tart.
20151031_111306_zpsra5utiku.jpg

Be Our Guest definitely has above average food for a quick service restaurant, and you really can't beat the atmosphere. I am happy that they are more organized and efficient now. We will definitely be back in the future.

Great luck on the boardwalk room. Though I'm with ya on those lone never ending hallways. At least your walk was worth it in the end. What does the family of the day mean?

It really was a great room despite the location.

Each resort does something different for family of the day but we had our picture taken in the lobby and were given a few small freebies like a surrey bike rental, balloons, pins and maybe a couple more things. Nothing super special for us, but it was still exciting and started to turn around our trip for the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter