• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Still no calories in a picture-Updated 2/27 Everything Pop and Be Our Guest

I want a Mickey krispy treat right now.. Yum.. Those things are so good!! I've never done the butterfinger but it looks great. Hope Cami is feeling better!

I love your daughter's dress in your intro....we are taking our daughter to Disney next November, she will have just turned 2 and we cannot wait.

Looking forward to following your report!

I apologize for completely neglecting this report, I am determined to get it done though. Between about 2 months of non-stop illness, Holidays, Cami's birthday, some pregnancy complications and now starting some renovations on our house, life has been crazy around here. So, without further ado, back to the reviews!

When I last left off we were heading out to do some window shopping in Disney Springs. It was fun to check out all of the progress that had been made over the past year. Cami managed to fall asleep in the stroller while we were window shopping. The same thing happened on our arrival day last year between Goofy’s and Raglan Road. Last year we were offered a table with space for a stroller without even asking, so we hoped the same thing would happen this time.

We arrived at the podium about 10 minutes before our 5:00 reservation and were offered a table with room for the stroller. It is amazing how accommodating they have been. After a few minute wait we were led to a table in one of the side rooms. We were able to see the live performers from our table if we stood up, but we could not see them while we were seated.

Our server promptly greeted us and took our drink orders. We both ordered soda, so nothing exciting on that front. He returned with our drinks and the Irish soda bread with Guinness reduction. I forgot to get a photo of it this trip, but it was delicious.

For Jesse’s entrée he debated getting something different or sticking with what he knows is good. In the end he stuck with an old favorite, Keen Eye for the Shepherd's Pie.

20151027_172448_zpsrl9mru6h.jpg

He said it was just as good as always and the best Shepherd’s Pie he has ever eaten.

I also debated between sticking with what I love or trying something new. Then…it called to me.

20151027_172511_zpsziihmp4a.jpg

Pork by Pork: Sage and onion stuffed pork loin, cider braised pork and apple fricassee, mashed potatoes, applesauce.

This is one of the best meals that I have ever eaten, anywhere. The small pieces of braised pork were tender and flavorful. I found the pork loin to be just a tad dry on its own, but it was perfect when mixed with the potatoes and applesauce. The mashed potatoes were creamy and full of flavor. It was clear that they thoroughly thought through every component of this meal. My only slight complaint is that the applesauce and sauce for the braised pork look very similar in the dark restaurant, so sometimes the flavors of a particular bite would catch me off guard. Unfortunately this was a seasonal item and is no longer listed on the online menu.

For dessert Jesse stuck with an old favorite, Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding.
20151027_175543_zpsxc6efdlm.jpg

This was delicious, as always. I am not a fan of bread pudding and even I thoroughly enjoy this. It is rich and flavorful. The two sauces just put it completely over the top.

For dessert I decided to try a new to me item, the Strawberry Apple Crumble.

20151027_175608_zpsdtostvrm.jpg

This was a delicious balance of tart and sweet. The presentation was beautifully rustic, but it was challenging to get all of the components in one bite.

Overall Raglan Road was phenomenal, as always. We will continue to return every single time we visit Disney World. Hopefully one day Cami will be awake to try it...this was my view for the entire meal, sleepy girl.

20151027_165547_zpsbo9hlyzf.jpg

As a little bonus, I will throw in a quick review of Cami's dinner that night. Since she slept through dinner, she was starving by the time we got back to the resort. We made a quick stop to Everything Pop and picked up pizza, grapes, yogurt and chocolate milk. Cami gobbled up the grapes, she would eat her weight in fruit if we let her. The pizza was fine, the quality is somewhere between frozen grocery store pizza and one that you would order from a chain restaurant. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it, but I would order it again.

20151027_194249_zpsaggum6th.jpg

One thing that I enjoy about value resorts is the food courts. I like having a wide variety of quick options available right at my resort. When we stay at Pop we typically grab breakfast at Everything Pop before we head out for the day. On our first morning we grabbed two Bounty Platters with chocolate chip pancakes. Everything was just fine, but nothing special. One thing that I did notice was that they have switched from sausage links to patties in the past year. Personally, I prefer the links. We found patties to be more common on buffets this year as well.

20151028_080708_zpsey2skdeu.jpg

again fantastic photos and reviews..I am going to be disappointed in the links vs the sausage patty..but as long as they have home fries i will be happy...thanks again

On our first park day we always head to Magic Kingdom. This trip we did things a bit differently and headed for EPCOT because it made much more sense in terms of crowd levels. We spent the morning riding a couple rides, meeting Mickey, Minnie and Goofy and exploring the Seas pavilion. Our plan was to hit up Food and Wine Festival booths for lunch. Well, as soon as we were leaving the Seas pavilion a torrential downpour started and Cami was in desperate need of a nap. Cami actually really does not sleep well in hotel rooms, so heading back to the room never works out for us. Thankfully her best naps of all time have taken place in her stroller on Disney vacations. We ultimately decided that a little (Read: massive amounts) of rain wouldn’t hurt us, so we decided to press on.

20151028_114553%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zpsx0skx8ct.jpg

Apparently a lot of rain will shut down the F&W booths. We wandered through a very empty park and discovered that Refreshment Port was still open, so we made that our first stop. We finally tried a croissant doughnut for the first time. It was buttery, flakey and very sweet. It was really good, but I am glad we split it.

20151028_115613_zps6yuygvc4.jpg

After all of that sugar, we set off in search of something savory. Unfortunately, most of the booths were still shut down. We were thankful to discover that the Mexico booth was still up and running. Even better, there was no wait because of the weather! We decided to split the Chilaquiles de pollo: Corn chips layered with seasoned chicken, queso fresco, sour cream and cilantro. It was one of the best items that we tried all day, even though it was obvious that it had been sitting for awhile.

20151028_121548_zpsaoufbpmt.jpg

Next, we hopped into Norway so that I could finally try the School Bread. There are very few foods that Jesse will not try, and coconut is one of them. He gave me a disgusted look as I ate this and he wouldn’t try a single bite. Oh well, his loss. The bread was more dense than I expected and filled with a fairly sweet, thick cream. The top was covered with coconut and topped with more of the cream. It was delicious but very sweet. This is a good item to share, especially when you are stuffing your face around World Showcase.

20151028_122158_zps8ftcqcuk.jpg

At this point it was still raining, but not quite as badly as it was earlier, so booths were starting to open up again. We stopped at the Poland booth for one of our favorites from last year, the Kielbasa and potato pierogi with caramelized onions and sour cream. It was basic, but really good. Jesse loves kielbasa and pierogi, so this is always one of his favorites.

20151028_123454_zpsyrrsbxtp.jpg

Our next stop was Germany, where we tried two items. First up was Schinkennudeln: Pasta gratin with ham and cheese. Quite honestly, this was awful. It was incredibly oily with a very hard crust on the outside and the pasta was cooked to practically mush. I considered that with the weather it may have been sitting for awhile, which could affect the quality, but I don’t think it would have been much better if it were fresh. As Jesse put it, “ I paid for this, so I am going to eat it, but I am not going to like it.”

20151028_124629_zpsy6syxlof.jpg

The other item we tried from Germany was Apple strudel with vanilla sauce. I LOVE anything with baked apples, but Jesse is not a fan. This was alright, but really lacking flavor. I don’t think I would order it again.

20151028_124634_zps7a1hykkb.jpg

Since we were in Germany, Jesse had to stop for a Schofferhoffer, which he carefully kept covered as we wandered through an empty World Showcase. This is one of his favorite beers, and he wanted more once he finished it. Notice that his shorts are completely soaked. We had ponchos on the entire time that it was raining, so that should tell you just how much rain was coming down.

20151028_125319_zpszxxllkr7.jpg

Our next stop was Canada, where we ordered two items. First up was the “Le Cellier” wild mushroom beef filet mignon with truffle butter sauce. This was delicious. We were given a good cut of beef with a generous amount of the rich, flavorful sauce. My only complaint is that it was well done, but that could have been a result of it sitting for a long time during practically non-existent crowd levels.

20151028_131512_zps0u7swydc.jpg

20151028_131611_zpsyztn4h22.jpg

The other item that we tried was the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. It was rich and creamy with a strong cheese and slight beer flavor. Unfortunately, we found this to be way too salty. We had the same reaction last year and both times we could only tolerate a couple bites of it. I know that most people love it, but it is just not for us.

20151028_131508_zpsspdwrpxm.jpg

Hawaii was up next and we tried the Kālua pork slider with sweet and sour Dole® Pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise. The flavors of this were good but the pork was really dry. I wouldn’t go out of my way to get this again, but it wasn’t horrible.

20151028_132539_zpskekdj94s.jpg

I was so excited to stop at the Farm Fresh Booth next. This was originally going to be our first stop before the weather changed our plans. We tried three items from this booth. First up was Loaded mac n’ cheese with Nueske’s® pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, peppers and green onions. I was really disappointed by this dish. The pasta was incredibly overcooked and I had no interest in eating more than a couple bites of it.

20151028_133004_zpsiiofk6uv.jpg

We also tried the Griddled “yard bird” with braised greens. This is not a dish that would typically jump out at me, but after reading several rave reviews, I decided we had to try it. The yard bird itself was very fatty and chewy. The sauce was a delicious buffalo type sauce with a good amount of kick to it. The greens were average. We both had a bite or two of this but didn’t feel the need to eat more than that.

20151028_133001_zpsbvccfci1.jpg

By the time we reached the Farm Fresh Booth, Jesse wanted another drink. After talking to the cast member working the booth, he decided to try the Wyder’s® Dry Pear Hard Cider. We are both big fans of cider and excited to try this. Jesse said it was delicious and a new favorite for him. I did less than a communion wine sip of this, just enough to get the flavor on my tongue, but not enough to swallow. It really is outstanding.

20151028_133008_zpscpjvmyuq.jpg

Every single day I DVR The Chew and watch it during Cami’s nap time or after she goes to bed. So, obviously I was ecstatic to learn that there were 2 Chew booths this year. When we found out about the live tapings happening a couple weeks before our trip, we considered changing our dates but couldn’t because of Jesse’s vacation time. We tried 2 items from the Sustainable Chew booth. First up was the Pork Spareribs with red wine, fennel, and cheesy mascarpone grits. I was incredibly disappointed with this dish. The spareribs were pure fat and borderline inedible. We weren’t impressed by the flavor either.

20151028_135756_zpszw1j4ids.jpg

The other item that we tried was the Ricotta & zucchini ravioli with tomato sauce. This was pretty good but the sauce was a bit sweet for our liking. I can't seem to find a photo of this one, unfortunately.

While we had a table in the area, we stopped at the Chew Lab booth. We used a quick service credit to get 3 snack items. First up was the Olive Oil-Poached Salmon with Fresh Corn, Bacon, and Pepper Jam. I am allergic to seafood so I did not try this item. Jesse said it was really good but did not elaborate much more than that.

20151028_140424_zpszdyymj80.jpg

We also tried the New York Strip with Parsnip Silk, Balsamic Glaze and Arugula Foam from the Chew Lab booth. The beef was tender but flavor was pretty minimal considering the description. It was tasty, but really not a good value out of pocket. The filet from Canada is a much better value.

20151028_140404_zpswsdfyiv6.jpg

The stand out for us from the Chew Lab booth was the Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel. This was absolutely amazing. The truffle was rich and delicious. The caramel on top definitely delivered the whiskey flavor, which we both really enjoyed. This was one of the best items that we ate all trip. We meant to go back for another one later in the trip but never got around to it.

20151028_140502_HDR_zpsnqynnzal.jpg

After we finished at the Chew booths, we headed to the Festival Center. Cami woke up as soon as we got there, so we needed to grab her something for lunch/snack. The closest option was Intermissions Café, where we picked up a fruit and cheese plate. I was actually impressed by how fresh this was. It is not an option that I would go out of my way to get for myself, but it was perfect for my fruit and cheese loving toddler.

20151028_143805_zpswie6wet0.jpg

At least once per trip things don’t go as planned and we create a memory that will last for years. Between Jesse and I both being sick and the torrential down pour, this easily could have been one of the worst days of our trip. Oddly enough, we had a blast and it is one of our all time favorite Disney memories. We got all of this done, along with some gift shop browsing in 3-4 hours. Most booths were a walk up and we never had more than 2 people in front of us in line.

I'm fashionably late, but here none the less. Your Raglan Road meal looks delicious and totally drooling over all the F&W pics. How hard it must have been though to not be able to drink. I did Disney pregnant too, but thankfully not during F&W. Not sure my liver could have held back ; )

Looking forward to the rest!

Thanks for joining in!

I'm fashionably late, but here none the less. Your Raglan Road meal looks delicious and totally drooling over all the F&W pics. How hard it must have been though to not be able to drink. I did Disney pregnant too, but thankfully not during F&W. Not sure my liver could have held back ; )

Welcome! It really was so tough to not be able to drink. Thankfully Jesse is not much of a drinker so it wasn't constantly in my face. He did like to bring it up every time we walked past Mexico though; I have a weakness for good margaritas.

After a day of stuffing our faces at the Food and Wine booths, we were somehow hungry again for our 5:30 dinner reservation. There are so many good restaurants in EPCOT, so I always have trouble deciding which 2-3 to choose each trip. In the past year Chefs de France has popped up on my radar, so we decided to try that for the first time.

We arrived a few minutes before our reservation and were promptly seated 5 minutes later. I am typically not one to complain about a table (and I did not complain to anyone at the restaurant) but we were seated in a terrible location. Our table was pretty much in a main aisle, very close to the entrance and we felt as though we were directly on top of all of the tables around us. The atmosphere felt more chaotic than most character meals. To top it off Cami was in a MISERABLE mood. I can’t even begin to explain how horrid she was throughout the meal. Jesse actually said that if she was going to continue acting like this, we would not be returning to Disney any time soon. Thankfully a few days later he was back to talking about buying into DVC, and all was right with the world. I just figured I should let you know a bit about the tone of this meal…which was not good…at all.

Our meal started off with the fresh French baguette and butter. This was by far the best French bread that I have ever had in my life. It was warm with a nice crust on the outside and soft on the inside. Perfection.
20151028_175203_zpsl8wcuyzn.jpg

I was debating between ordering the short ribs or the filet. Since the short ribs were offered as part of the Prix-Fixe meal, which is an option on the dining plan, I decided to go that route.

For my first course I was able to choose between French Onion Soup, Lobster Bisque and a House Salad. I chose the House Salad: Selected greens with a house vinaigrette dressing. This salad was fine, but nothing spectacular. In the future I would not base my entrée decision on my ability to have this salad included in my meal.

20151028_175209_zps4b3wj5pa.jpg

For my entrée, as mentioned above, I ordered the Beef short ribs, braised in cabernet with polenta. Two of the three short ribs were delicious. They were tender, flavorful and cooked to perfection. The third one was pure fat and completely inedible. The polenta was good, it would have been great if it was slightly less runny. The broccoli was good but nothing exciting to report about it.

20151028_181751_zpsh3ji77ed.jpg

Jesse ordered the grilled tenderloin of beef with green peppercorn sauce, original potato gratin of Savoy and green beans. This was the clear winner at the table. It was one of the best steaks that I have had on property. I didn’t take any notes on the sides, but I remember they were good as well. Sadly, even a few days later, Jesse didn’t remember anything about this meal because he was so stressed while eating it.

20151028_181742_zpspqex8l05.jpg

Since Cami was in such a mood, we decided to order something that we knew she would eat, pasta. We ordered her the kids ham and cheese pasta, which doesn’t appear to be on the menu anymore. This is only the second pasta in history that she has refused to eat, the other being Kraft macaroni and cheese (she would rather have the homemade kind). I decided to try a bite, and it was completely disgusting. It was incredibly oily and overcooked without much going on in the flavor department. If they really did remove it from the menu, I can see why. It also is worth noting that they do not have any sort of cups for small children. Cami’s beverage arrived in one of those stemmed water glasses, which was a recipe for disaster given her mood. It obviously spilled all over the table, which added to our stress level. I understand that Chefs de France is nicer than some other restaurants on property, but we have seen more kid friendly glassware options even at signature restaurants.

20151028_175218_zpsyilwclsp.jpg

For dessert I ordered the Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. This was pretty good but didn’t quite live up to the hype that I have heard about it. I was happy to see that they did not skimp on the chocolate sauce.

20151028_183940_zpscgz4habq.jpg

The clear winner for dessert was Jesse’s chocolate mousse. It was rich and creamy perfection. I am 99.9% sure this is the same one that Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie serves for half the price, although it doesn’t come with a slice of pound cake at the bakery. If I were not on the dining plan, I would let my stomach settle a bit before heading to the bakery to get mousse or a pastry for dessert.

20151028_184004_zpsgoouwnsh.jpg

Our server was attentive throughout the meal, but fairly average. It took us a long time to settle the check though, which was a consistent problem this trip for some reason. It was clear that we were dining with a very cranky 2 year old, so you would think he would want us out just as much as we wanted to leave. Eventually Jesse had to take Cami out of the restaurant because we really could not deal with it anymore. We have taken her to restaurants for her entire life and have always been strict about table manners, so I have no idea why dining out has been such a nightmare with her. While I would love to return to Chefs de France on our next trip, I don’t think we will be back until Cami can learn to sit and behave properly in a restaurant.

Cami actually really does not sleep well in hotel rooms, so heading back to the room never works out for us. Thankfully her best naps of all time have taken place in her stroller on Disney vacations. We ultimately decided that a little (Read: massive amounts) of rain wouldn’t hurt us, so we decided to press on.

That's awesome! Wish my fiance would nap in the parks too LOL. I love the stroller all decked out in rain gear. I'm glad that day worked out for you, it looks like tons of fun and you had a nearly empty World Showcase to yourselves. Even with a little rain. ;)

We finally tried a croissant doughnut for the first time. It was buttery, flakey and very sweet. It was really good, but I am glad we split it.

Right!? We loved this. But I couldn't eat it on its own unless I had some serious coffee or something to take the sweetness away. It was delicious though, we did it for the first time too.

He gave me a disgusted look as I ate this and he wouldn’t try a single bite. Oh well, his loss. The bread was more dense than I expected and filled with a fairly sweet, thick cream. The top was covered with coconut and topped with more of the cream. It was delicious but very sweet. This is a good item to share, especially when you are stuffing your face around World Showcase.

I have been longing to try this, but I don't think Justin would eat it either. It looks delicious. Reminds me of paczki. I used to work at a bakery and they sold Polish donuts around Lent called paczki. I think there is like 1200 calories in one alone.. but delicious nonetheless.

First up was Loaded mac n’ cheese with Nueske’s® pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, peppers and green onions. I was really disappointed by this dish. The pasta was incredibly overcooked and I had no interest in eating more than a couple bites of it.

I wanted to love this dish too. I thought it was good and ours wasn't too overcooked but I had heard such great reviews.

Jesse said it was delicious and a new favorite for him. I did less than a communion wine sip of this, just enough to get the flavor on my tongue, but not enough to swallow. It really is outstanding.

I loved this, too! Between that and Schofferhofer, Jesse has great taste in beer and cider, lol.

I was incredibly disappointed with this dish. The spareribs were pure fat and borderline inedible. We weren’t impressed by the flavor either.

Yuck... we felt the same way. This could have been so delicious.

We also tried the New York Strip with Parsnip Silk, Balsamic Glaze and Arugula Foam from the Chew Lab booth. The beef was tender but flavor was pretty minimal considering the description. It was tasty, but really not a good value out of pocket. The filet from Canada is a much better value.

Again we agreed.. not worth the OOP but maybe worth a snack credit?!

The stand out for us from the Chew Lab booth was the Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel. This was absolutely amazing. The truffle was rich and delicious. The caramel on top definitely delivered the whiskey flavor, which we both really enjoyed. This was one of the best items that we ate all trip. We meant to go back for another one later in the trip but never got around to it.

YUMMMM!!! I am drooling over this. We thought this was pure perfection, too!!

You guys got so much done that day! I dreaded the days at the festival where it was SO HOT with wall to wall people. So it sounds like it all worked out for the best!

Sorry your Chefs de France meal wasn't the greatest. I'm with you, I never know what Epcot restaurants to try (Justin likes Via Napoli so we've been there 3 times lol) and Chefs has been on my list for a while. I seriously can't believe they didn't have a cup for Cami's drink - maybe for a 6 year old but for 2 a year old!? Holy moly. Like they could at least run to the bakery and get her a paper cup with a lid and a straw, lol. Sorry that meal was so stressful for you. Especially because you said she usually does so well!

a torrential downpour started
I was in Epcot the same day! Terrible weather. And you got through it with a toddler in a stroller. I agree not only did the F&W booths shut down, when they re-opened later that day, the food was not good. Cold and recycled from earlier that day. A real shame because those of us who braved the storm, didn't get much of a reward for our efforts. Next time I hear of a forecast like this, I'll skip out of Epcot after lunch (after getting my morning Soarin' fix :-) and visiting the manatees in the aquarium) because F&W just ain't good in a storm.

ps love Raglan Road for its food and live entertainment. You must have had one tired little girl if she slept through the loudness of the bands, dancing and crowd. That must have been one required nap :-)

the Prix-Fixe meal
I enjoy Chefs de France and agree that the Prix-Fixe isn't such a great deal for those of us on DP. I think there is a reason why they choose that entree for the combo so while it may be attractive if paying OOP, there are definitely better entrees there. I usually get the duck (because as a university student I tried to cook a whole duck once and ended up with a major, greasy kitchen disaster in my apt . . . shudder! . . . so now let someone else cook it for me). But that steak looks very good and I've heard good things about it. Sorry about your table. Not a good spot especially with a youngster who was already stressed. I'm sure it made a difficult meal even more trying for you. Unless you get a window table, there is nothing in the place to distract a toddler.:fish: Really nothing for her to look at to snap her out of a bad mood.

Sorry for all your Cami troubles in the restaurant. I know that is no fun, especially when the server isn't attuned to the goings on.

On the other hand, despite the one inedible rib, your short ribs do look delicious. But I"m a sucker for short ribs and polenta. Your hubby's meal looks delicious too. We haven't done Chef's in like 15 years. I'd love to give it a whirl but since they don't take TiW don't see us going anytime soon.

Sorry your Chefs de France meal wasn't the greatest. I'm with you, I never know what Epcot restaurants to try (Justin likes Via Napoli so we've been there 3 times lol) and Chefs has been on my list for a while. I seriously can't believe they didn't have a cup for Cami's drink - maybe for a 6 year old but for 2 a year old!? Holy moly. Like they could at least run to the bakery and get her a paper cup with a lid and a straw, lol. Sorry that meal was so stressful for you. Especially because you said she usually does so well!

Definitely make it over to Chefs sometime, the food really is delicious. We have done Via Napoli for 2 trips in a row but I am thinking we will take a break from it next time.

I was in Epcot the same day! Terrible weather. And you got through it with a toddler in a stroller. I agree not only did the F&W booths shut down, when they re-opened later that day, the food was not good. Cold and recycled from earlier that day. A real shame because those of us who braved the storm, didn't get much of a reward for our efforts. Next time I hear of a forecast like this, I'll skip out of Epcot after lunch (after getting my morning Soarin' fix :-) and visiting the manatees in the aquarium) because F&W just ain't good in a storm.

ps love Raglan Road for its food and live entertainment. You must have had one tired little girl if she slept through the loudness of the bands, dancing and crowd. That must have been one required nap :-)

Yeah, the rain was nice because it cleared out the crowds, but the quality of food definitely took a hit.

Sorry for all your Cami troubles in the restaurant. I know that is no fun, especially when the server isn't attuned to the goings on.

On the other hand, despite the one inedible rib, your short ribs do look delicious. But I"m a sucker for short ribs and polenta. Your hubby's meal looks delicious too. We haven't done Chef's in like 15 years. I'd love to give it a whirl but since they don't take TiW don't see us going anytime soon.

That is a bummer that they don't take TiW because the food is so good and definitely worth trying. Those were easily 2 of the best entrees we have had on property. I love getting polenta at restaurants because Jesse is not a fan of it, so I rarely make it at home.

Wednesday, October 29th was our anniversary and for the second year in a row we headed to Magic Kingdom to celebrate. We had an early morning scheduled with an 8:10 reservation at Crystal Palace. Since we did not want to risk being late, we tried to catch the first bus from Pop that morning. We reached the bus stop at 6:49, which was the same time the bus arrived. After a very quiet and uneventful bus ride, we arrived at Magic Kingdom and entered the line with other guests who had pre-park opening reservations. There were maybe 20 people there at that time. Over the next 20-30 minutes the line grew significantly and it was nice to be ahead of all of those crowds. Cami was in a wonderful mood for most of the wait, which is rare for her.

20151029_07173020-20Copy20-20Copy_zpsywnuqxjq.jpg

Around 7:45 we were let into the park. We took that time to take some photos in a very foggy Magic Kingdom before getting checked in for our reservation.
We checked in around 8:00 and were seated on time for our reservation. I was surprised that the restaurant was only about 30% full for our entire meal, considering pre-park reservations are very difficult to come by.

This day was the peak of Jesse’s cold and he felt like garbage. He barely ate anything and we did not get our money’s worth. Usually he gets multiple plates loaded with food at Disney buffets, but this was his only sad little plate. Starting at the top and working clockwise around the plate he had, a lemon poppyseed muffin, a pancake, biscuits and gravy, chicken sausage and scrambled eggs. Everything was fine, but nothing special.

20151029_082012_zpspzmgtcv2.jpg

Cami also only had one plate, which consisted of breakfast potatoes, fruit, scrambled eggs and a pancake. She picked at the fruit and eggs but didn’t eat much overall.

20151029_082004_zpsvagofrd9.jpg

My first plate consisted of fruit, Pooh’s breakfast lasagna, chicken sausage, bacon, potatoes and the puffed French toast.

20151029_082218_zpsz4lfvkgp.jpg

My second plate was just a couple pancakes and an apple Danish.

20151029_083910_zpsqrph3hyk.jpg

During our meal we were visited by Piglet….

20151029_081302_zps0fnhfddd.jpg

Then Pooh…

20151029_082642_zpssfk6apch.jpg

And finally Tigger…

20151029_085243_zpsx6virx1x.jpg

At 8:45 the crowds from general park opening were already reaching the castle. Since Eyeore was nowhere in sight and we were trying to ride Peter Pan as soon as possible, we decided to settle our check and leave. I hadn’t been to Crystal Palace for breakfast in many years and I don’t think we will return again anytime soon. The food was fine, but on the lower end of quality, even for a buffet. It also seemed to have the most limited variety of all of the breakfast buffets we have tried. Because the park opened about 20 minutes earlier than the posted opening time, we ended up waiting way longer than we planned for Peter Pan.

I love the pear cider too & CP is our favorite breakfast buffet!! What cute pictures you took!!pooh:

I'm with ya on Crystal Palace. We only went once and the limited amount of mediocre food they did have certainly wasn't worth the price of admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter