Still looking for a good deal on a laptop?

DianeV

DIS Veteran
A friend of mine who knows computers told me about a good deal Dell started today. They have a laptop Vostro 1400 in most configurations for $300 instant savings = $549 regularly $849. He said its a very good set up. We are thinking about it!

Hmm I can't seem to find the instant savings on the website. But I am interested.
Ok got the discount but you need a federal tax id number to buy the Vostro so doesn't work for me boohoo....

I bought the Vostra 1500 without a tax id number. On the Dell website, selected Small business laptops. I see they still are offering them for $384 off. I used my name as business name (hey, I "consult" about Disney), and purchased with my personal Visa, no problem. It is a very nice laptop, al beit a tad heavy. Fairly fast delivery also (and I customized it to my specs).

Happy shopping!

Oh man it is in the configuring that I am going mad. I would stick with XP I think but would need a better graphics and maybe a little more memory. In doing all that I upped to about $900.
I wish I wasn't so technically challenged.
I have a Mac now and am trying to run that Fly pen I need windows- so I could do it on my Mac if I run bootcamp and change my configurations but the lazy me wanted to just buy a new laptop for my son. I suppose I could stick with the basic model and for graphics he would use my mac? Or should I just suck up the $400 and buy him the better one(that he will probably break)
decisions decisions.....

Hubby just got us a Toshiba Satellite yesterday from Fry's for $500. It's got Vista, and although I definitely prefer XP, it's time to start learning Vista. From what hubby was told, Microsoft is actually paying their affiliates to stop making hardware drivers for XP. Apparently, they want to phase out XP altogether.

I have just heard so much bad about Vista and that it also takes up alot of space so I hope to stick to XP as long as I can!

Oh man it is in the configuring that I am going mad. I would stick with XP I think but would need a better graphics and maybe a little more memory. In doing all that I upped to about $900.
I wish I wasn't so technically challenged.
I have a Mac now and am trying to run that Fly pen I need windows- so I could do it on my Mac if I run bootcamp and change my configurations but the lazy me wanted to just buy a new laptop for my son. I suppose I could stick with the basic model and for graphics he would use my mac? Or should I just suck up the $400 and buy him the better one(that he will probably break)
decisions decisions.....

Here's a way to save at least $84 (I think). Here's a direct link.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/q4wk3_vostronb_offers?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

(Or, go to Dell page directly http://www.dell.com/ and Wave the mouse over Notebooks and select Small & Medium Business. Now select either "Smart Values" or the top right "Selected Notebooks only $599.")

The Vostro 1400 (14.1" thin and light) and the 1500 are both at $983-384=$599. Both include 2GB RAM and a video card. (The other deal posted looks like it includes a larger hard drive and the better battery. Configure them both to match to see which way is the better deal.)

Oh, and you can choose XP with this.

Good luck.

Here are the specials Dell listed in the flyer I got this week. When you go to the website you need to go to Small Business. I've purchased several computers and laptops and never had to provide an ID number.

VOSTRO 1000 for $449 - 512mb DDR2 SDRAM, 60 GB harddrive, CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive, 15.4" Widescreen XGA Display, Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1150. Use value code 65029-BQPCI4F for Windows XP or 65029-BQPCIVF for Vista.

VOSTRA 1500 for $549 - 1GB DDR2 SDRAM, 80 GB harddrive, CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive, 15.4" Widescreen XGA Display, Integrated Intel GMA X3100. Use value code 65029-BQPCK4F for Windows XP or 65029-BQPCKVF for Vista.

For better quality Dell Laptops at Vostro prices, check out Dell Outlet. They have refurbished and never-shipped pre-configured units of the better series of laptops.

The inventory is updated constantly and you can see everything each laptop has. You generally save $400-650 off identical systems you configure yourself and they ship it out the next day. DF and I have purchased two of these recently, and I have a desktop at home I purchased this way. You can opt for all the same warranty coverage as brand-new. We've been extremely pleased with ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter