Still Good Honest People out there!!

engle

DIS Veteran
Last week while at Epcot, I left my wristlet on Spaceship Earth. It contained $500 in cash, my Disney rewards redemption card, my drivers license and 2 credit cards. It was the last thing we did before exiting the park. I didn't realize I did this until I got all the way back to the resort. I drove back in a rush and thank god it was turned in with everything still in it! The guest service cast member said that most purses, bags and wallets are returned completely intact.

Moral of the story...do not have that second margarita in Mexico. Just kidding.

Seriously, there are still a lot of honest people in the world!

Last week while at Epcot, I left my wristlet on Spaceship Earth. It contained $500 in cash, my Disney rewards redemption card, my drivers license and 2 credit cards. It was the last thing we did before exiting the park. I didn't realize I did this until I got all the way back to the resort. I drove back in a rush and thank god it was turned in with everything still in it! The guest service cast member said that most purses, bags and wallets are returned completely intact.

Moral of the story...do not have that second margarita in Mexico. Just kidding.

Seriously, there are still a lot of honest people in the world!

I agree completely. MOST people are honest. DD lost a cell phone on a ride at Universal and it was turned in.

DD5 hopped out of her chair too quickly after soarin this past weekend and we forgot to grab her Ariel bag. Realized it at the exit and not even 10 minutes later it was gone. Days later and it hasn't turned up, broke my heart hearing her cry about why people would not return it. Tried to explain it is all material things and can be replaced but not many 5 year olds get that concept lol so glad your stuff was returned! You had way more to lose and it is awesome that there is some honesty left in the world! :goodvibes

I have found and returned multiple purses that have been left in attractions and on benches at Disney. Never even looked inside them, just turned them into a CM.

In July, I found an IPhone on the new Harry Potter ride at Universal. Turned it right in also.

Glad someone turned in your wristlet - that would have been an expensive loss!

I can only imagine your panic when you discovered it missing! So glad you got everything back. My DS left his iPad at MK and we were pleasantly surprised that it had been turned in. :goodvibes

So glad you got everything back. I had a similar situation 10 years ago. I left my wallet on Living with the Land. When I realized it only 5-10 minutes later, went back to the ride and it had already been turned in to a CM and sent over to Guest Services. I didn't have quite as much cash, but license, credit cards, etc. - everything was there. It does renew your faith in the goodness of people.

That's wonderful! I'm so glad you got it back intact. I lost my iPhone in AK last year and it was turned in as well, I like to think there are lots of honest people out there. :)

DD5 hopped out of her chair too quickly after soarin this past weekend and we forgot to grab her Ariel bag. Realized it at the exit and not even 10 minutes later it was gone. Days later and it hasn't turned up, broke my heart hearing her cry about why people would not return it. Tried to explain it is all material things and can be replaced but not many 5 year olds get that concept lol so glad your stuff was returned! You had way more to lose and it is awesome that there is some honesty left in the world! :goodvibes

A couple of years ago my DS lost his 'pack'. It had pins, a gift card, tubes of quarters and pennies for pressed, etc. Anyway we still had a couple of days left on our trip when this happened and it could not be found. I called lost and found before and after we left. I had given up hope when about a week after we got home we received a package with his pack inside, everything still in there! I was thrilled! And more than surprised. If you haven't contacted the main lost and found, try that, everything gets sent there and takes a bit of time to sort through. Hoping you receive some pixie dust too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter