Still going to restaurants?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
With all the cases counts rising so fast, are you still going out to restaurants? We have been kinda just hunkering down at home. One reason is to just save some money and the other is also because the cases are so high here right now. What’s everyone else doing? Business as usual or have you curtailed things a bit lately?

With all the cases counts rising so fast, are you still going out to restaurants? We have been kinda just hunkering down at home. One reason is to just save some money and the other is also because the cases are so high here right now. What’s everyone else doing? Business as usual or have you curtailed things a bit lately?

We had started going to restaurants, though minimally, last summer .... but now we've basically stopped - especially when we are at our Florida home. When we've gone we try non-peak hours and locally owned. Last week in FL we ordered to go food twice (both seafood), ate outside with one, took the other home.

What was interesting during the "shutdown" was we were trying new recipes and really doing legit cooking more than we had in years. Added a few appliances (crepe maker, fondue, panini maker). We had a veggie/fruit delivery service and we tried to do fast shops at Aldi instead of big grocers. Tried lots of new recipes, ate much healthier and were able to avoid any weight gains. We have tried to continue that and move away from dining out. The savings are a real plus.

Yep, restaurants, flying, cruising, WDW, all of the above. Anything that's open, I'll do. I follow all of the rules for masking or whatever a specific venue requires, but other than that I'm going about things as normally as a place allows.

My girls (7 and 4) mask well because they're used to it at school, but their brother (not quite 2) has never had to wear one. I'll probably stop traveling for awhile once he hits his second birthday because I don't think I'll be able to keep him masked reliably in places that require it.

Since I pretty much travel every day (I work out of state) I do eat out a lot. I am at a Crowne Plaza this weekend and will be heading down to the restaurant shortly. Most restaurants are not that crowded and the staff is fully masked and probably vaccinated as well.

We did it once over the winter break, but we’re going back to take out/outdoor dining until this surge has passed.

ETA: we had done a handful times in the lull between Delta & Omicron. I was only talking about since Omicron starting spiking.

Last edited:
Everything is closed for indoor dining here again in the province of Ontario. We have gone out just a handful of times in the last couple of years. We do take out or drive thru for sure, but not dining in.

There are some places with outdoor dining, it isn’t impossible in the cold. Restaurants have heat lamps on their patios, and patios can be covered so it’s contained more than an open patio. That doesn’t really interest us though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter