Still Feeding Nebo: The may trip final chapter pg 122, Dec. 31

Is that what I've been looking at? I guess for that matter, I never knew what that last avatar critter was either.

:

Just for you, here's a large version of my avatar....................

100_3032.jpg

That's IT, You have arrived in TR history!

You got a drive by by Disneydad! :worship: You were, in fact, "Disneydaded"!!!! :p

I am so jealous!

Hmmm, the Virgin state would be Arkansas :rolleyes1

O.k. I don't normally post on a thread once I've subbed untill I'm all caught up.
BUT..... If I don't psot where I am I'll lose my place. I have read from page 5 to page 42 and posted an update on my TR plus got a couple of loads of laundry in. It's after 1:30 here and I think I better stop so I can get dressed and kind of clean the house before everyone starts coming home.

"Hey Honey. What did you do today???"

"Laughed until I almost wet myself!!"

"HUH?"

"Nebos TR":rotfl2:

"Oh Lord we need to go by some diapers again!!!"

:rotfl:

I'm loving this. I feel like I've stepped in the middle of a movie!!!

The only reason I changed it was because you complained about it, sheesh make up your mind!!!:rotfl2: Don't you enjoy the view of a morrocan urinal???

Yeah, what's wrong with you? If poo humor is funny, epcot urinals must be too! Right? :hippie:

Never thought of going on Small World enebriated -- it's scary enough sober. :eek:

Great update, Nebo!

Uh oh! Now I've done it.
Really done it.

Haven't told Diane this yet.

She's gonna kill me.

You know how I always like to "tinker"?
I think, therefore I tink?

Well, it's been killing me, but since we are driving in Dec., I just had to mess with it. You know, the plan. And the reservations. And Oh Boy did it get confusing. I even hung up and tried a different res. taker.

All I wanted to know was if there were any AAA rooms with special rates for the dates that were near the end of our package thatwe already booked. But I learned the second time to not mention the package first.

The first guy said yeah, standard room , Coronado, 145 a night.
"No, that's rack rate, how about F.Q.?"

He gave me the same price. " Really sir, that's the AAA rate that comes up. I guess there aren't any special rooms rates left. "

And I hung up and tried again.

At first the second guy said the same thing, then just before I hung up, he said hold on, let me search a little harder for OTHER AAA codes.

"How's this, 3 nights FQ, 116 a night?"
"That's perfect Lars,"( yes, that's what he said his name was,) "I could kiss you." Hey, I can tell a stranger that over the phone.

Then I said:

"Now, we have one more thing to change", "If you can get the 50 dollar "alteration" fee waived on my original package, and knock 3 nights off of ASMu, we can be in business. "

He talked to somebody, said for you Nebo, no problem, and my credit card will be reimbursed for 3 nights from the package, then charged again for the 3 night FQ , AAA, room only.

Geesh!

I feel much better now, I've heard Port Orleans does the holidays real purty. This is a reminder, the cast members come in all shapes and sizes, and some are just better than others, about searching.
"Never give up!" "Never give up!" "Never,," (oh SHUT up!)

I suppose I'll have to tell her before she reads this.

This could go either way.

Ok, shall we go back to may?

Monday, may 14th, a no-park day. Here's the plan, Dan.

A little pool time in the morning, Then on to Planet Hollywood with our 15 dollar voucher for lunch, stop at Saratoga Springs to just check it out on the way back, and then maybe at night over to the Swan for some karaoke.

Yes, usually the "do nothing " days turn out to be the most hectic.

Well, we did everything I just mentioned. With a little owwy thrown in for flavoring.

It started like this:

That morning, I'm up early like always, I get coffee going, and am trying not to disturb, "She who must not be disturbed". :tiptoe:

I know, deep down in my heart, that I shouldn't be telling you guys this, but I'm going to anyway. I figure in a month you'll be done posting it. :headache:

This does fall into the " You had to be there" type of thing, so I'm going to laboriously descibe this, so you can get the proper image in your mind.

And it's about me, alone, in the bathroom.

With the candlestick.

Ok, scratch the last part, nobody probably got it anyway.

It's like this, I often "multi- task" especially when I'm trying to be quiet, like I am this morning.
I pulled the curtain that separates the room from the vanity area, and grabbed my suit, my shorts, my shoes, and my book, and went into the john to settle down for a long, winters nap.

My cigs, lighter and ash tray are in there too, I've already got a tank top on.

I still can't believe I did this. And I never told her about this either, I just told her later that one of these days in the next trip report, you are going to read something really weird.

So, I'm sitting in there, reading my Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, having a smoke, and pull on my suit halfway.
Then, I pull on my shorts halfway, with the belt already laced through the loops.

Now I reach over and grab my shoes and put them on.

I lean forward and tie them.

Anybody know where I'm going with this story yet?

I'll bet any money,,,,,,,,NOT!

My shorts are still bunched around my ankles, when I tied my shoes.

I stood up, yanked up my suit and tied the drawstring, then I yanked up my shorts, ,,,,,,

And propelled myself across the tub, and just got my hand up in time before I slammed into the wall on the inside of the tub!

I was surprised my hand didn't go through the drywall, but it made a heckuva bang.

I heard Diane yell, "You ok in there?"

"Yeah, yeah, sorry, dropped the ash tray in the tub, it didn't break, though."

What I had done, was tie my shoe around my belt, when they were all lying at my feet, and I got the belt right between two of the loops, so shoe, and shorts, were totally connected. When I yanked up the shorts, my foot came with, balance went bye bye, and I had to let go and leap across the tub to keep from bashing into it.

Yeah, my days can start like this.
A lot.

I'll wait a while till your done running that image through your minds.

:hourglass :hourglass

Ok, are you finished? No, don't stop reading and rush to the reply button JUST yet, we are not quite done here!

Since my tiptoeing was all for naught, I told her that I'm going for a paper, and will meet her at the dig site pool, the main pool.
DId you ever do something so stupid, like I just did, that you feel a strange need to tell people how dumb you just were? It's like it was bursting in me, and it was all I could do not to try and explain it to the poor lady that sold me the newspaper. Now, telling Smidgy what really happened in the bathroom?
That's a different story.

I'm telling her, it just took six months.

Now I know what they mean by "more accidents happen in the bathroom."

With paper, coffee in hand, I decided to take the long way through the casitas to the pool.

07-04-2007-25.jpg

07-04-2007-24.jpg

I don't think I've posted these yet, if I have? Tough.

07-04-2007-23.jpg

About half way there, I realized that my little "adventure" didn't do my back a durn bit o'good. And that I should have cut through the cabanas instead. But, nooooooooo, I have to stick to my original plan.

Luckily, I== am---- prepared.

You know what I mean by that.

At the pool, I pushed a couple of end loungers off to the side a bit, then walked down to Siesta's , where the drinking fountain is.
To swallow.
Works better than with coffee. While I was in the area, I also grabbed 3 towels, one for me, one for Smidgy, and one for Smidgy.
Yes, that's the way it works.

And she always wants the "end" lounger.
She's got the Maraena thing going on too, "My space, your space, empty space, and Mission Space."

It is just an incredible morning, so far not a cloud in the sky, not a kid by the pool, and not a love bug in sight.

Just me.

And my back.

After a while, a lifeguard shows up and starts her set=up procedure.

Since she was right in my area, I made the mistake of saying hi to her, she didn't just say hi back, like I expected, nooooo, she starts talkiing to me.
And I couldn't hear her.
So I had to get up, which shot a bolt up my spinal column, and walked over by her.

"I just said hope you're having a nice stay."

Oh, ok, thanks. Thanks A Lot.

I looked at my watch, ten more minutes until ignition. Yes, us painkiller people are pathetic, we know just when we "Shall be Liberated!" At least for a while, anyway. It's funny, as I type this, I haven't had one in almost a month, but when I'm in Disney? I do not want any pain that I normally deal with to infringe on my Disney experience.

Ten minutes left, so since I'm now up anyway, I took a walk over to look at the menus at the snack bar. Which was really stupid cuz the shutters were still pulled down and the menu is on the back wall, inside. So I walked next door over to the playground.
There, way out in the open, is an early bird rising anole.

I didn't try to catch him, that would have just hurt him and me, but I had more fun just walking up to him, and watching him desperately try to seek cover. He changed directions about 3 times, then ended up where he started from. After a bit, I saw 3 kids coming, so I made sure to "walk" him over to the bushes. I saw what a kid did once to one at French Quarter. When I realized I was just a tad too happy seeing him escape, I realized that my friends finally arrived, so I went and settled back into the lounger.

Diane came down, and shortly after they did the countdown to start up the water spouts and the slide. It was just a glorious time to spend at that pool, it never got crowded, and we just sat there reading the paper and looking around.

After a couple of hours, she said she was heading back, and grabbed the newspaper to take with her. I said I'll be along in about 5 minutes.
Guess I shouldn't have let her go alone!

On my way back to the room, I paused when I got to the pool, and decided to take the "through the pool" path, instead of the one that leads right to our room. The one a little farther down, that we had been taking.

Just when I started to take a left turn, I thought I heard a "STEVE!"

I turned to look around, and I didn't see anything. Nah, must have imagined it. When I turned back again, it was repeated, so I looked around again.

Then I realized why I never saw her. I wasn't looking for someone lying on the ground in the sand.

I ran over to her, and she was now sitting up, yelling "GET THE PAPERS"
The newspapers were blowing all over the place, and I snatched them all before they went into the water. When I got back to her, she said she was walking along the yellow brick road, looking out over the lake, and thought this would make a nice picture. WHen all of a sudden her foot landed on the edge of the sidewalk and the sand, twisted her ankle and sent her flying.

(boy, this family is doing a lot of unsuspecting flying around this morning)

I asked her if she's alright, she said her ankle is ok, but her leg was pretty scraped up. And she was right. It was.

Since I could see she wasn't knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door, I did the first thing I could think of.

I started to discretely open up the camera case!

She caught me.

"DON"T EVEN THINK IT!"

"But honey, what about the trip report?"

"DON"T"!!!

This picture comes from the following day, while sitting on a bench at MGM, a woman walking past noticed her leg and started talking about it. So then it was ok to take the photo.

05-30-2007-16.jpg

There really wasn't much you could do but rub some antibacterial salve on it.

Back in the room, we just relaxed for awhile, but I had some strange, mixed emotions running through me.

Wow! Something happened and it didn't happen to me!

and,,,,,

"She's trying to steal my THUNDER!"

Goodnight all, hope you enjoyed the further adventures of Nebo and Smidgy!

:scared: :scared:

Now, I have to go tell her. :scared1: :scared1:

I haven't been around in who knows how long and I time it to be the first to read a new report????

Just checked - my last visit was 8-07. Three months and you're still going strong? You are amazing. Great to hear you are going back next month. Couldn't happen to a better couple!

Felt like I hadn't missed a day though as you had me laughing out loud as usual. You are an extremely gifted writer when it comes to describing your personal foibles (sp?) and adventures. And yes, since she probably had a scar to prove it, I'd say Diane stole your thunder.

PS - reason I'm back...a co-worker just won an 8 day trip complete with tickets to the park for four and accomodations at the Animal Kingdom park (has been too long since I've been here, can't remember the name of the resort?) plus air fare. Told her she had to come visit the disboards if she wanted to make the most of her trip!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard!
Note to self,......don't get dressed while going potty.

Poor Diane! That looks painfull!

I suppose I'll have to tell her before she reads this.

Probably a good idea:lmao:

And it's about me, alone, in the bathroom.

With the candlestick.

Ok, scratch the last part, nobody probably got it anyway.

Are you Col. Mustard :confused3 :rotfl2:

And propelled myself across the tub, and just got my hand up in time before I slammed into the wall on the inside of the tub!

I was surprised my hand didn't go through the drywall, but it made a heckuva bang.

Sorry but :rotfl: :rotfl:

Then I realized why I never saw her. I wasn't looking for someone lying on the ground in the sand.

I ran over to her, and she was now sitting up, yelling "GET THE PAPERS"
The newspapers were blowing all over the place, and I snatched them all before they went into the water. When I got back to her, she said she was walking along the yellow brick road, looking out over the lake, and thought this would make a nice picture. WHen all of a sudden her foot landed on the edge of the sidewalk and the sand, twisted her ankle and sent her flying.

Aw, poor smidgy:hug:

You are the funniest people! Both of you fell on the same morning?

That bathroom is pretty small too, I'm sure you were hurting. A candlestick?
I'm pretty sure it's naughty if you didn't explain :banana:

Smidgie! Your poor leg! Were you ok? Well, I know eventually were ok, but were you able to walk ok?

"tie my shoe around my belt"
Taken out of context this make you sound pretty nimble. As the whole----mmmmm----not so much.

I did manage to shoot iced tea out my nose while reading this.
OOOO Smidgy, that looks painful. So glad it was just the outside and not the ankle.
Looking forward to more tripping report.
Angela

Great chapter again, Nebo! Stay clear of strings. Smidgy, cut them off ok? Buy belts!

Ouch, Smidgy! Hope you are all healed up.

But the best part for me was this: it gave me an idea for a Christmas present for DH and my son :idea:

Guess what I just did? Ok don't, I'll tell ya:

I just ordered 2 copies of :
Uncle John's Triumphant 20th anniversy bathroom reader.
For the bargain price of $26 and change... (combined)

See how trip reports can affect people's lives that dont even read reports?

The only reason I changed it was because you complained about it, sheesh make up your mind!!!:rotfl2: Don't you enjoy the view of a morrocan urinal???

don't ever listen to what nebo says, he will change his mind and deny it!!! see what I live with??!!:confused3 :lmao:
"
I heard Diane yell, "You ok in there?"

"Yeah, yeah, sorry, dropped the ash tray in the tub, it didn't break, though."
I'm telling her, it just took six months.

WOW!!! I REMEMBER THAT>> NOW HE TELLS ME!!! AND I WAS ANNOYED AT HIM FOR MAKING SO MUCH NOISE!!! poor little nebo:eek:

There, way out in the open, is an early bird rising anole.

I didn't try to catch him, that would have just hurt him and me, but I had more fun just walking up to him, and watching him desperately try to seek cover. He changed directions about 3 times, then ended up where he started from. After a bit, I saw 3 kids coming, so I made sure to "walk" him over to the bushes. I saw what a kid did once to one at French Quarter. When I realized I was just a tad too happy seeing him escape, I realized that my friends finally arrived, so I went and settled back into the lounger.

MY MY, HE'S SO EASILY AMUSED!!! HOW CAN ONE MAN BE SO COMPLEX, AND YET, SO SIMPLE?:confused3 HE'S A PARADOX.. A DICHOTOMY, (if you will) NO WONDER I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM ALL OVER AGAIN!:cloud9:

This picture comes from the following day, while sitting on a bench at MGM, Wow! Something happened and it didn't happen to me!

and,,,,,

"She's trying to steal my THUNDER!"

:[/QUOTE
hey, I was just doing my part to help out the trip report!

But the best part for me was this: it gave me an idea for a Christmas present for DH and my son :idea:

Guess what I just did? Ok don't, I'll tell ya:

I just ordered 2 copies of :
Uncle John's Triumphant 20th anniversy bathroom reader.
For the bargain price of $26 and change... (combined)

See how trip reports can affect people's lives that dont even read reports?

ok, someone needs to tell Uncle John he owes us residuals!!!

You had me laughing so hard this morning, nebo; are you sure you don't make this stuff up? No? Then velcro shoes for you! (Reference from Off to Kindergarten or some such book we have. The little girl in it can't tie her shoes yet and is afraid the kids will call her "velcro girl"!:rotfl: )

Very pretty pictures of CSR!

Ow, smidgy! Hope your leg healed up nicely and didn't put a crimp in your touring plans! I assume you guys always have a first aid kit nearby....:rolleyes1 ...for you know who....

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm going the see the mouse in 15 days too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

I hope the accuweather forcast is wrong. Down to 43 degrees the first night!! I was hoping to leave the winter coats in the car at the airport and get by with a few pants/sweatshirts.
We'll be at POR. You?
Sorry to hijack Nebo.
Angela

I hope the accuweather forcast is wrong. Down to 43 degrees the first night!! I was hoping to leave the winter coats in the car at the airport and get by with a few pants/sweatshirts.
We'll be at POR. You?
Sorry to hijack Nebo.
Angela

I was also hoping for mild weather... if it's going to be in the 40's for our night at MVMCP (the 27th) then those cute tee shirts I made are just not going to do! :rolleyes:

We are staying off site - I know! The horror! - But I told the hubby we would try it once and he called me on it! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter