Still Feeding Nebo: The may trip final chapter pg 122, Dec. 31

but nebo is the singer in the family; he really sings good! one time we were watching a playoff game at the bar and he said "let's dance" me:"um, there's no music" him: "don't worry about it". we got up and danced while he sang "always and forever" and this during a PLAYOFF game!:woohoo: (not sure how happy all the OTHER Guys were about it!)

Awwwww, how sweet is that?!! :goodvibes :cloud9:

I just nebo'd my gut laughing so hard!

Maybe Nebo will loan ya a couple of his precious vic's for that. Or would a hernia med. be more in line?

Hey Nebo better hurry and put a patent on "Nebo", otherwise doctors all over the country will be prescribing neboprophen, or neboden.:thumbsup2

Diane,
I hope you sing "these boots are made for walkin" before he sings "Hooked on a Feeling" to you?

Dancing to his own music - such a romantic...you better keep him on a tight leash or some of his adoring Dis'ers might come a knockin'! :hippie:

He sang "Hooked on a Feeling" ? I don't know if I could handle a man that was that sensitive.

WOW! Check out my brother, Bill!!!
34%3A3%3B5272%7Ffp68%3Dot%3E2326%3D679%3D%3B9%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23237845275%3A9ot1lsi

Sorry, I'm really bored today... :guilty:

Jaime,

Seperated at birth?

Dang, maybe I should divorce DH and remarry him in a few years! But then he neither sings or dances well (although he did tapdance and some hot dicsco back in the day.........)

Now he nebo's his back..........

Ahahaha. Too funny. Now I'm a verb. You just watch. Next thing you know I'll be an adverb, and by the end of this trippy, I'll be lucky to be a preposition.
(but I do still like to dangle my participle.)

As always, I love your responses, I just can't comment on them all so please don't act like a Nebo if your name isn't mentioned, you guys are the best!

Lexmelinda and YouhooMama. thank you very much. Now that I started this again, I've got the "Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy,,,,,,,,,, and "wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey " thing going on in my head again. I DON"T NEED THIS!

The only song I don't remember is "Wild One, :confused3 maybe if you sing a few lines, I might remember it.:banana: Anyway, keep going, don't keep us hanging too long. I really do hope your back held out. I do know all about back problems. Back in
'74/'75 when I was a freshman, almost broke it and have had problems ever since.
Connie

Connie, sorry about your back. Truly! I can emphathiz,,,empathis,,,I can FEEL for you. C'mon over and I'll give you a couple of pk's and we can drool together.

All caught up. Is this my first post here? maybe. I am such a lurker.

HaleyB: I think I know you. Aren't you Mrs. Mr. Silly? (scary that that made sense) Right? But I've been wrong before, just ask Missmun who refuses to be from Australia. If you are the She, of the He, that I mentioned, I'd like to tell you that I read a bunch of Mr's report, when I was in lurker mode. If I remember right, it used to be you doing them, until he knocked the shovel out of your hands and started digging himself.
(geesh! a whole bunch of typing when I'm probably wrong anyway)

Nebo I have a horrible back. I know of this thing called the TENS. I'll take our friend Vic anyday over a TENS. But that's just me. 800mg of Ibu, you are clearly an old pro.

Those songs aren't all that old. Really. Because I know most of them and I am quiet young(ish).

Nanadeb was talking about the tens earlier on, and she just raved about them. Somebody else did too, Oh, Dance2874, or something like that. I don't know, I'll stick with what I know works for now.

Nebo and Smidgy
Enjoying your report, Nebo you need a muscle relaxer not just a pain reliever. A muscle relaxer will relax the muscle faster and you will heal faster. My back nebo'd carrying groceries in the house last month.

Anyway, I am enjoying your TR and feeling your pain as you described it driving down to WDW.

I didn't know I live so close to you, maybe we need a DIS mini-meet in WI Dells. I read this little cut, about our wonderful tourist trap:

Your TR moderator
Ohmari

Hey Ohmari, we talked for a second last tr, we both laughed at how everybody goes up to Wisconsin on the weekends, and all we want to do is head SOUTH!

Yepper's I'm Mrs Silly. New chapter went up this weekend. We still haven't gotten to the tea though.

If you guys think I like doing these trip reports, you would be correct.
If you think I also dread doing these trip reports, you would also be correct.

Especially when the puter is in a snit.
Which it is now.

Evidently, all the photo's I downloaded and then uploaded into Photobuck. and then sideways loaded have maybe tasked my memory. I have a lot of "making room and deleting to do in the next couple days."
I don't know why, computer doesn't even turn ten years old until next year!

I had just better not see "This page cannot be displayed" one more time tonight. Or it's curtains. :badpc:

Back on the beach, Diane's mope of a husband is like,
"You sure you want to go in there? We have beer in the cooler. I can make you a drink when we get back."

"Yes Dear."

And we park as close as we possibly can.
In deep.
Really deep.
In quicksand.

As we're trudging away, I see two routes.
One is WAY deep, like walking through a swamp. The other is harder sand, but a longer way around.

Wanna guess which way she took?

"This way ok?"

"It's Okeefenokee with me," I responded.

Halfway to the "Beachcomber" I was hoping the Iditarod passed by here, I could use a lift.

When we got in, I climbed on a stool and passed out on the bar.
After the CPR, I ordered a Corona, that was the first word I heard when I came to.
The timing turned out to be perfect. The Derby was just about to start.
Melinda? Hope you didn't put any money on my selection last February, Scat Daddy.
NOT!

Horses should know, never turn to smile at the camera for a photo finish.

Apparently, they had a pool going on and a woman one it. She bought the bar a round bless her heart.
Now we have two Coronas.

We really liked the place, it seemed that it had a lot of "regulars" in it.
Even people older than us.

Oh, sorry honey. Older than Me.

I was just wondering where they all parked.

We also looked at the menu and the prices were really reasonable. Our Coronas were only two fifty. They had a lunch and dinner menu of basically sandwiches and fries that were also cheap. The fourteen year old bartender saw me looking at the menu and told me they open at six in the morning for breakfast, too.

Well, she looked that young to me. Maybe she was 15.

We left after the 2 beers, it was a fun time, talked to this old guy who retired there and said he just loves it.

As we were leaving, someone said;
"Good luck, Chicago, hope you make it out."

hang on, brb

you parked where? Why?

and where exactly was this bar that had $2.50 coronas? We were there a couple of summers ago for a family reunion and missed out on that!

Ok, when he said "Good luck" , I almost didn't think twice about it, but then it ocurred to me, "he doesn't know where we parked".

"Excuse me?"

He said, "Well fella, it's a long way down to the exit." Somebody else said,"yeah, 1.8 miles to be exact."

"HUH?" "I can't go out the way I came in?"
"NO!" " Didn't Hooks tell you?"

(hooks?)

"Musta slipped his mind. So, what do I have to do?"
I was told to just follow the pylons down to the exit, can't miss it.

"Thanks."

"Oh, and give my best to Hooks."

Back in the car, I start to grab her hand again.
"Dear Heavenly,,,,"

"Oh stop it!" "Just do what comes naturally to you when you drive."

I was.

A little ways away from us, I see a guy in a big pickup. I can hear the engine rev, but the truck just seems to be sinking lower instead of moving.

Instead of low forward, I put it in reverse instead, and slowly gave it gas. It moved back a couple of feet, then I switched back to forward just as it was stopping. Now I could use my ruts and we slowly pulled out of there and started following the pylons.

A block down, a Grand Cherokee pulled out right in front of us, doing all of 3 miles an hour. It didn't seem right to pass him, plus I had another guy using my ruts right behind me.

The funny thing was , was there was actually a speed limit sign.

This guy is doing 6.

Sideways.

Finally, we made it to an exit sign.
And I couldn't believe it.

There was a cop there, closing up the gates, with a sign that said another 3 quarters of a mile down. The jeep swerved, but he slowed down too much.
I actually circled him like Indians and a stagecoach and kept going.
Yep! I figured he was the cop's responsibility now
The guy behind me just followed right along with me. By now I thought he would end up following us to the Comfort Inn, hope he didn't want any of our cold chicken.

Finally found the exit and let me tell you, a major sigh of relief when we hit concrete and asphalt again. Back on A!A, it was a drive to get back to the motel. But I was smiling. I was the proud papa of our little Santa Fe.
(uh, Hundaii? endorsement deal here? There's at least five people reading this if you don't count Jaime's 18 screen names)

Back in the room, I was still pumped. And reality hit. Can't smoke in here.
So I suggested we go to the pool and use the hot tub. Saw plenty of ashtrays down there.

In the pool area, we grab a table by the hot tub. There are about 5 teenagers hanging around, some in the pool, some in the tub.
Now, this part is important, pay attention.

We took a table right in front of the hot tub's "rules' sign. Just when we sat down, the jacuzzi stopped jacuzzing. (boy, you can see them lining up to correct the spelling on that one)

On the post that held the rules sign, was a "button". And I had a pretty good idea what it was for.

The teenagers that were in the tub, TALKING ON THEIR CELL-PHONES, got out. I actually think they may have been talking to each other. I pointed out the button to Diane, and she understood immediately.

The kids left the area, Diane got in the tub, and I went over and pressed the button.

Bingo! Gushes of water and bubbles.

I figured it was on a timer, and now we have it to ourselves.

I know, I'm so cruel.

Tough!

After a bit of enjoying ourselves, BY ourselves, (stop it Winkers, don't go there), a couple of couples also joined us. They were our age, maybe a couple years older. 3 of them got in right away, the last guy hesitated.

And for good reason.
There was still a little light left, and you could see he was burned to a crisp.

He looked like a lobster!

Diane even said please don't tell me you're coming in, but, he did. Some introductions were kind of made, I had turned into the Invisible man again.
They were all chatting, then lobster man said "Hey, Diane's husband, what did you spend to stay here tonight?"

Wow! He knew my name!

And I told him, " 69 bucks".
Man, if looks can kill.

They had all spent 99. No wonder Saudi guy was anxious for us to cancel.

At this point, Diane got out, to have a smoke.
At the table.
In front of the sign.
In front of the button.

Then I got up to go back to the room and take a leak.

"You leaving too, Diane's husband?"

"Just for a second, Market Price, be right back."

And when I was about ten feet away, I guess the damn thing shut off.

Yup, I could hear them all laughing as I was on my way to the room.

"Hey, where did the bubbles go?"

Diane; "Oh, Steve will be right back."

Ah ha ha ha

Now, I didn't know this all took place.

And I come right back, and just as I was getting in again, I noticed no bubbles.
"Hey where did ,,,"

And Diane pressed the button again.
goodnight all :rotfl2:

"This old spouse":lmao: oh and i love "Hooked on a Feelin'" reminds me of my oldest sister. sang it all the time. Good job on the bubble control!:cool1: Great trip report so far and very funny.:rotfl2:

I just found your TR and loving it. I'm sorry but I don't know who you are, have never heard of you before. But I look forward to hearing more from ya.:surfweb: You are a very intresting guy. You and your wife remind me of my soon to be inlaws. :lmao: Keep it coming.

suzflee: "you better keep him on a short leash or some of his adoring dis'ers might come a knockin'"

I don't believe in leashes, don't need them; if they were were needed, they wouldn't work anyway.

disney moon: "you and your wife remind me of my soon to be in-laws"

they must be great, fun-loving folks!:lmao: (since you are just starting out on this journey of marriage, pattern yourselves after them! have fun, keep loving, laughing;never stop reading and learning;and growing together. you'll hear tons of advice about romance, but never underestimate keeping a sharp wit about you, a good sense of humor, and true companionship)

It's Disney'd version of a popsicle, swirly, with different flavors.
And I've never had one.

Thanks, I learn something here every day!

Smidgy, you're right about the leashes...I cringe when I see them on children so I can't imagine what they would look like on a spouse! :lmao:

Loved the bubbles! That was a good one.:thumbsup2

I don't know why, computer doesn't even turn ten years old until next year!
:sad2: Not saying anything...just sitting here.
Melinda? Hope you didn't put any money on my selection last February, Scat Daddy.
Well, he finished!? I had my dollar on an equally loser-ish horse.
The teenagers that were in the tub, TALKING ON THEIR CELL-PHONES, got out.
At least they HAVE cell phones.
"Just for a second, Market Price, be right back."
Good one! Did that guy really call you Diane's husband?
And I come right back, and just as I was getting in again, I noticed no bubbles.
"Hey where did ,,,"
Back to the room for a can of pork & beans? :laughing:

Good stuff....I'll just wait right here til Thursday. K? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter