Still doing the free 50mb internet on first day?

kalishea

Mouseketeer
We leave for our cruise next week. I have read about the possibility of free 50mb internet available if you sign up on the first day. To anyone who has recently returned, is this still happening?

We leave for our cruise next week. I have read about the possibility of free 50mb internet available if you sign up on the first day. To anyone who has recently returned, is this still happening?
Don't know if it's "recent" enough for you, but it was available on our Oct Wonder cruise.

We cruised in December it was available but not listed in the Navagator. But if you went to the app it was.

How do you get the 50mb? If you log into the free app will it be automatic, or do you need to go see someone on day 1?

How do you get the 50mb? If you log into the free app will it be automatic, or do you need to go see someone on day 1?
You have to sign up via the app by midnight.

I don't use it because that's one of the joys of cruising for me is disconnecting from the world. I understand some people have to use it for emergencies but I just give work and family the emergency number and call it done.

Dumb question - when you sign up for this what are you getting access to on your phone? We normally completely unplug while we are cruising so I've never needed this. We put all our phones in the safe and don't pull them out until we are back at PC. This time, DD18 isn't going with us as she is away at school. Long story - but we may need to be connected with her the first day or two of our cruise because of an activity on campus. If we buy the internet service, is that email and internet? I'm assuming it isn't phone calls and text messages. Just want to know going in so I can tell her how to stay connected with us.

Dumb question - when you sign up for this what are you getting access to on your phone? We normally completely unplug while we are cruising so I've never needed this. We put all our phones in the safe and don't pull them out until we are back at PC. This time, DD18 isn't going with us as she is away at school. Long story - but we may need to be connected with her the first day or two of our cruise because of an activity on campus. If we buy the internet service, is that email and internet? I'm assuming it isn't phone calls and text messages. Just want to know going in so I can tell her how to stay connected with us.

You're purchasing internet service, so whatever uses data. If you have iPhones, iMessage uses data. You could also use something like Skype to make a call (but the quality would be hit or miss). Make sure if you do sign up for it that you turn things like automatic software and app updates off along with anything that would auto upload pictures (such as in iCloud).

Do you have to use the free 50mgs on the first day or just access it on the first day.

Has anyone done Eastern Carribean trip and used the free 50mb - if so what's it like ie: is it slow, chews up pretty quickly etc.

Planning our second DCL cruise and we might sign up for it if the service is ok. We didnt have it on our first DCL cruise. We travelled last year on Carnival Spirit and the service was shocking - wouldnt even open pages. Very fustrating as it was mega slow.

Has anyone done Eastern Carribean trip and used the free 50mb - if so what's it like ie: is it slow, chews up pretty quickly etc.
We were on a 4-night Bahama cruise earlier this month. The speed isn't great. As far as "chews up pretty quickly" goes, the 50 mb is not a measure of time, its how much you download. Its fine for reading emails (without images) and checking your FB page quickly, but even that will run through your allotment in a could of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter