Still can't decide what to do about strollers!!!

disprincessmama

Earning My Ears
OK-I have the whole trip planned, except for the stroller issue.

4 children-ages 10,7,2, and 10 months.

The 10 year old will walk the whole time and can help push a stroller.
The 7 year old will want to ride in a stroller sometimes, especially at the end of the day.
The 2 year old will need a stroller all the time and will probably take a nap in it.
The 10 month old will mostly be in a stroller. He will sometimes be in the Baby Bjorn.

We will definitely bring 1 umbrella stroller for the airport (for the 2 year old).

Can't decide whether to bring another umbrella stroller, which the 10 month old and 7 year old can alternate using, or to rent a double.

Would a 10 month old and a 2 year old be able to sleep in the double?

Any advice would be appreciated!!!
Thanks!

If it were me, I would bring a full sized double or 2 full sized singles. Your two younger kids will sleep in them and you need them to be able to recline independantly of each other. The WDW rentals are not the way to go for that, plus they are now really expensive. If your older 2 need something, then rent one or shift the baby into the Bjorn, but that toddler will sleep on the go and not be comfortable in an umbrella.

You have a stroller that a 10 month old can be in comfortably and safely, and a 7 year old will fit in it???? That must be one magic stroller! :lovestruc

I second the above - bring a double or one umbrella for the 2 yr old and a really comfy one for the 10 month old, for napping.

We are a family of 4, ds 4 & ds turning 1 on the trip. With the rental fees being what they are, and lugging the travel system stroller around seeming like the only answer...we purchased 2 chicco lightweight strollers. I took the kids to babies r us and sized the strollers, and checked out the functionality. The Chicco Capri is $59.99 at Target, and it cost me $120 for both with free shipping and in store returns if necessary. For our trip it would have been $270 for the length of stay on a double. And the strollers are big enough for my ds4 (32lbs-legs for days), recline enough for them to sleep, basket that will hold something, and the orange color should stand out. And the 2nd stroller will go on craigslist when we get home for $10 less. Problem solved I think. Good Luck!

My 7 year old is tiny, so she actually can ride in our umbrella stroller (for short periods if she is tired!)
Thanks for your tips-my husband thinks we should buy a lightweight stroller (or 2) to take.
Our double is just too heavy to lug up onto the bus.
We will be using Dis transportation and are staying at Riverside.

My kids are 11,8,7,1 and I am taking two strollers. One Mac Quest for the baby and another umbrella similar to a mac truimph(got it at the resale for 5.00) for the 7yr dd, who is only 35 lbs and 42" tall. We are driving down and staying at por and also plan on using disney transportation. so compact strollers were a must. We were going to rent a second stroller when needed but found the second a good deal.

I have 3 girls and 1 boy (the youngest) also!!!

I went and looked at the Chicco's this morning and tried them out at Babies R Us. They seemed great. Much better than the very small umbrella strollers and big double that we have now!

I think we will bring 2 strollers.

Thanks!
disprincessmama

We have similar issue. Kids will be 7,3, 13months. 7 yo is only 42 lbs (very small for his age, heightwise too). Been to Disney before and hes walked most of it but also would hop in the stroller at times.

3 yo is big for his age and doesnt fit in many standard doubles.
13mo will need a stroller of course.

Plan was to bring our stroller for baby and rent a double for the boys to share. I would just buy another single stroller but knowing the 7 and 3 yo, they would fight over it and of course only want to be in it when the other kid was.
So far thinking we will suck it up and just rent the double.
(will be 4 adults for the 3 kids but Im not asking my parents to push a stroller all day long if we would bring 3 singles).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter