Still Accepting Photo Mattes/Pillow Cases for Signatures?

WDW Princess 71

DIS Veteran
I posted this thread a few weeks ago and I got all "Yes" responses that Guest Services still allows you to drop these items off to be signed by the characters. However, in another thread I'd posted a few days ago regarding where to get fabric markers for the pillow cases, one responder said she'd cruised on 11/1/08 and said that they only accepted hers for signaturs because she was in a concierge room, and they told her they were no longer accepting them from non-concierge rooms because they had too many requests. Is that true? I really hope not because I've already spent money on the Sharpies, fabric markers, pillow case and photo matte! Recent cruisers who've done this please let me know!

We were on the 11/15/08 Western on the Magic and in a category 5 and they took my frame mats (and sharpies) and had them signed. There were about 7 signatures on the mats- the usuals, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip, Date, Goofy, Pluto. I had submitted 11/14 mats with 5x7 cutouts.

The guy at Customer Service did check with someone else that they were still doing the signatures. And it was a yes. I had also included a bag of M&Ms with the sharpies.

Hope that helps,
Lori

We just got off of the 12/6 Eastern cruise and got 3 photo mats, 2 pillowcases and 1 picture of my son with Mickey signed/autographed during our cruise. I provided sharpie markers for the frames and fabric markers for the pillowcases.

I just got off the Wonder today and they took my pillow case and two 8x10 frame mats with no problem. They even had a form that the Guest services CM filled out and taped to the ziplock bag. I too included a bag of M&Ms and a bag of Skittles.

Thanks for the reassuring responses everyone! I'm glad that they are still accepting items for signatures, I feel so much better now!

of these photoframe and pillow cases? I'm totally new to all of this and trying to catch up on everything available! Thanks!

of these photoframe and pillow cases? I'm totally new to all of this and trying to catch up on everything available! Thanks!

Here's ours. I added the embellishments to the mat before the cruise.

Img_2645.jpg

Karen :cloud9:

We just got off of the 12/6 Eastern cruise and got 3 photo mats, 2 pillowcases and 1 picture of my son with Mickey signed/autographed during our cruise. I provided sharpie markers for the frames and fabric markers for the pillowcases.

:flower3: :flower3: NO FLAMES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIMPLY ASKING...but why would you ask them to sign so MANY items? I felt guilty about asking for 2 photo mats and we HAD 3 cabins for all of us....I was told that they will be limiting the amout of items you can have signed and mabye they should so their will be no more confussion. :confused3

gummyvites:

If you don't mind me asking what size frame and mat is that and is the pic an 8x10.

We are going on our first cruise in Feb and would love to get a mat signed for my 3 year old daughter.

Also do youhave to put the mats in some sort of bag also? I read about pillow cases being in gallon zip lock but a larger mat would be bigger than that.

Thanks

:flower3: :flower3: NO FLAMES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIMPLY ASKING...but why would you ask them to sign so MANY items? I felt guilty about asking for 2 photo mats and we HAD 3 cabins for all of us....I was told that they will be limiting the amout of items you can have signed and mabye they should so their will be no more confussion. :confused3

Prior to the cruise I'd had pillowcases embroidered for both of my kids. After my 1st cruise, where I found the fabric markers didn't hold up too well, I also wanted to do the photo mat as a more lasting memory. I did photo mats for each of my kids, and one as a surprise for my friend's child who was on her first cruise.

I did photo mats for each of my kids, and one as a surprise for my friend's child who was on her first cruise.

:eek: I just read an old thread were the poster said they are going to stop doing ANY signings at all. :goodvibes Maybe they should just set up a system...say 1 item per cabin...not child since on our first cruise we had 9 kids all under the age of 10..they would be signing stuff just for us all day :rotfl: Then you could pay a small fee for any items after that? Maybe like on a sliding scale..say 1st is free 2-3 is a $1.00 and 2-4 is $2.00 etc..and the money could go to the 'signers' for a party or something? I know we would :lovestruc LOVE to have an exact 'rule' so we wouldn't feel guilty for 2 or 3 items. :upsidedow What do you all think? :upsidedow

gummyvites:

If you don't mind me asking what size frame and mat is that and is the pic an 8x10.

We are going on our first cruise in Feb and would love to get a mat signed for my 3 year old daughter.

Also do youhave to put the mats in some sort of bag also? I read about pillow cases being in gallon zip lock but a larger mat would be bigger than that.

Thanks

The photo is a 5x7 and the frame is 11x14. I got the frame/mat at Michael's and added an embellishment that I picked up in the scrapbooking dept. I liked this mat because it had a nice thick area for everyone to sign. I left the frame at home, wedged the mat between two pieces of cardboard and wrapped it in a plastic bag. No ziploc. I included my own sharpies. Didn't do the candy thing because I imagine they gets lots of that kind of stuff. I did include a nice thank you note. The character photos that are sold by shutters are 6x8, I think, so that's a rather odd size. I always use my own photos so I can make them any size I want.

I had this mat done for our family and also included our kids' autograph books so the characters didn't have to sign them in costume. My dd's book had a page to sign opposite a photo sleeve. When we got home I added a photo of her with the character opposite the signature. She really enjoys looking through it and showing it to her friends and teachers. You might try that for your dd. They sell them at the gift shop.

I guess this is a tough one. While I like the signed items, got cute pillow cases done on our first cruise, I'm not sure I'd pay for signatures. It is a service that the cast members provide and a nice one at that but as with anything, it can be abused. But then again, if you have several kids in your travel party, who do you say no to so that you help to limit the number of items you're asking to be signed? Hopefully there's enough balance between passengers wanting this service and not to keep it going.

I guess this is a tough one. While I like the signed items, got cute pillow cases done on our first cruise, I'm not sure I'd pay for signatures. It is a service that the cast members provide and a nice one at that but as with anything, it can be abused. But then again, if you have several kids in your travel party, who do you say no to so that you help to limit the number of items you're asking to be signed? Hopefully there's enough balance between passengers wanting this service and not to keep it going.

:goodvibes Personally for us when we had the 9 kids cruising with us...we said no to all of them, and only did the two photo mats for the family's that were traveling. :flower3: Can I ask why you wouldn't pay for the items? Is it simply a 'we really dont need them...so don't want to pay for them'? Or is it something else? I know when we were at Disneyland this past June before the Mexico cruise there were SEVERAL characters that either didn't have time or would 'pretend' to not see the childrens autograph books...I couldn't figure it out until we went to a gift store on main street and they had pre-signed autograph books available to purchase and you could add a photo of your child with that "person" to the top...so does it all about the money to Disney..for not signing??? Wonder if we will ever really know :confused3

The photo is a 5x7 and the frame is 11x14. I got the frame/mat at Michael's and added an embellishment that I picked up in the scrapbooking dept. I liked this mat because it had a nice thick area for everyone to sign. I left the frame at home, wedged the mat between two pieces of cardboard and wrapped it in a plastic bag. No ziploc. I included my own sharpies. Didn't do the candy thing because I imagine they gets lots of that kind of stuff. I did include a nice thank you note. The character photos that are sold by shutters are 6x8, I think, so that's a rather odd size. I always use my own photos so I can make them any size I want.

I had this mat done for our family and also included our kids' autograph books so the characters didn't have to sign them in costume. My dd's book had a page to sign opposite a photo sleeve. When we got home I added a photo of her with the character opposite the signature. She really enjoys looking through it and showing it to her friends and teachers. You might try that for your dd. They sell them at the gift shop.

------ DO THEY SELL THOSE PHOTO MATS (ESP THE 11 1/2 BY 14 SIZE) AT SHUTTERS?? - WHAT SIZES????? - REASON why I ask is I like what you did, is I am tempted to buy a pic frame & mat @ Shutters - have done what you did - then have it shipped back home (along with a few pairs of ears from Magic Kingdom). Any thoughts?? Opinions??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter