When ready to bake stuff cavity with onions[don't leave this out they
just dissapear during cooking but leave a wonderful flavor]
Place chicken breast side down in pammed roasting pan
Bake uncovered 5 hours at 250o[not a typo]

This is the tenderest most delicious chicken ever and the drippings make
wonderful gravy.

Mimis sticky chicken

Thanks, Pumba!

I was looking for the recipe. I just printed it out! YUM! Will post here to let you know how mine turns out! Thanks again!!!

I have been making these for over three years.. and they are good.

Also of note, if you get a chicken with one of those pop up things, disregard it, since you will not be using it.

can you do this in the crockpot? if yes, how long would it take? 10 hours on low?

The chicken definitely browned. It literally fell apart when trying to carve it. It was delicious!

I've got to print this one out. Thanks for digging it up for us.

I made this a month or two ago -- but in the crockpot!! Pumba, did you originally post this recipe in a "crockpot" thread?? I can't remember how long I cooked it for, but it literally fell off the bone. My kids and DH gobbled it up. No leftovers!

Thanks so much for this recipe. I made it last weekend and it was delicious. I did it in the crockpot (low for 9 hours) and it worked great. But I plan to do it in the oven next time since I’d prefer the skin to get a little crisp.

This sounds delicious. Can't wait to try it over the weekend. Thanks for sharing with us!!!:)

This was awesome. I had to fight my oldest twin off to get some...definitely a 4 star recipe :)

And it is Atkins approved :) :)

This is in my crock pot as we speak. The crock pot I went and bought last week after reading the crock pot thread. LOL

I browned the chicken before I put it in the crock pot, but I didn't marinate it overnight. I hope it's still going to be ok. I'll let you all know.

This came out really good. The chicken fell off the bone. Now, my family likes only the white meat. So I took all the dark meat, which fell apart anyways, and half the juice, and fricasse it with sour cream. It toned down the pepper flavor. I served this over rice and everyone LOVED it.

The breast stayed together and I sliced and served that as well. But it was really neat to see them fight over the dark meat.

Thank you for this recipe. Also for crock pot ideas. I've been loving my crock pot.

This sounds really great and I think that I will try it for lunch tomorrow, I will let you know how I get on and if the family like it.

This chicken was delicious. Very moist. The juices from the chicken tasted great. Next time, I will use a little less cayenne pepper for our family.

Thank you for the great recipe.

Christine

Is the first pepper actually chopped pepper? What's the difference between the pepper and black pepper.

Here' the ingredient list from the crock pot sticky chicken recipe.
4 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
1 cup chopped onion

I decreasedt the amount off pepper used. I think I skipped the white all together, but used fresh ground black instead.

It's really a yummy recipe. :D :D

This is a great recipe. Why have I never roasted a chicken before?! Everyone loved it and the leftovers were delicious! I will be making this one a lot! Thanks Pumba!]

MMM I think I'll have a chicken sandwich for lunch.

some things for our trip to DIsney....and lo and behold I found myself over in the poultry area....so I HAD to get a chicken and guess what I am eating tomorrow for supper......yummy.....I wanted to make this last week and hubby defeated me by saying we have three turkeys in the freezer ....well we had the turkey last weekend and now it is my turn.....we are having it tomorrow.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter