Sticking Stuck Carmel

JulianneCP

<blue>I'm so untechnical I had to start all over<b
i tried to get in the Fall mood today by making Carmel apples! After a great day of apple picking with my kids I promised we make them together. Good idea for all you good cooks out there but for me it is a challege! I got frustrated with the carmel and turned my stove top to level 1 instead of low. Sure enough i burnt a layer of carmel in my pan.!!! how do I get it out! Any secrets or do I just toss it!! :confused3

the kids did not noctice the little chunks of burnt carmel I just ran out of carmel before I covered them all. the tasted okay. next time I buying the homemade ones at the farm!

Thanks!

P.S My tastfully simple apple cake did turn out okay!

I would put some hot water in the bottom, not a lot, just enough to cover the burnt caramel, and maybe a hlf inch more. Add several tablespoons of baking soda or cream of tartar. Bring to a boil--stir with a spoon to help loosen. Let set to cool. You may have to repeat this several times.

Good luck getting it out! :flower:

Another thing you can try is put about an inch of warm water in the pan and lay a dryer sheet in the water. Let it soak overnight and then wash the pan. I use this method for many sticky pans and it works great. It doesn't even have to be a new sheet, you can use one that has already been in the dryer. I save all my used dryer sheets and keep them under the sink for doing this. Hope it works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter