Stick with what you know...

We are planning to use Priceline this week to bid for a hotel for our trip in May.. And now, I am terrified.. :confused:

As long as you only bid for 3* hotels you will be fine. You won't get one across the street and will have to use the shuttle or drive, but the hotels should be good. I got the Hyatt in Garden Grove through Priceline in March. We were more than happy with this hotel--super clean & nice & ritzier than our typical hotel stay. It took several days, even using the free re-bid system to score it though b/c it was spring break time and prices were higher. Here's a helpful thread on priceline bidding for DL area hotels http://micechat.com/forums/showthre...vantage_anaheim-81895.html?&highlight=hotwire

As long as you only bid for 3* hotels you will be fine. You won't get one across the street and will have to use the shuttle or drive, but the hotels should be good. I got the Hyatt in Garden Grove through Priceline in March. We were more than happy with this hotel--super clean & nice & ritzier than our typical hotel stay. It took several days, even using the free re-bid system to score it though b/c it was spring break time and prices were higher. Here's a helpful thread on priceline bidding for DL area hotels http://micechat.com/forums/showthre...vantage_anaheim-81895.html?&highlight=hotwire

Awesome! Thank you! That made me feel so much better! :flower3:

I'm going to book it on Tuesday, so I'll let you know how it goes. :goodvibes

Be sure and put Parkside Inn on West Street on this list too! It's gross. It had mold growing out of the bathroom wall the size of a human head and they just kept painting over it. There's more disgustinng things but I'm saving it for a book...LOL

Ewww!! Though when we stayed at DLH in August, there was black mold in our shower!

I just wanted to add my two cents about the value of posting a review on TripAdvisor.Com. We had a horrible experience back in Sept. of 2007 at a "Resort" in Bend, Oregon. I posted an accurate and factual review and immediatly recieved an email from the "Resort's" mangement offering us a total refund of our 3-night stay that amounted to roughly $650.00. The power of a negative review! I was amazed at the response, but the time I spent posting my review certainly paid off.:thumbsup2

Wow, DisneyAprilFool, how awful! I love your attitude though. Glad you ended up laughing - even if it might have been a touch hysterical laughter by then. ;)

We pretty much stick to Howard Johhson or Candy Cane Inn (both on Harbor) We have tried a few others but so far we have had pretty good luck. After that story I realize how lucky we have been!

Well, I just put in a complaint to their corporate office via online- supposedly, we'll hear back within 7 days. Hate to say it, but we spent so much time on our phones (probably 300 minutes dealing with this issue) that I can't sit on the phone with my bank and open a dispute- yet. So we'll see what the hotel says- if anything- and take it from there.

Yeah, I decided I want my $60 back. LOL. We stayed for less then an hour and have photos of the condition of the door, so I would think we have a good chance of getting our cash back.

Well saftey is #1! I wouldn't stay anywhere i didn't feel safe... and even if your not in the room your stuff would be a bad door means they just push it and it falls open.... Maybe it was a shifty hotel and has people "clean" your room and by clean i mean take everything :lmao: ... I know alot of hotels have a sign in room that says they are not responsible for missing items.... I bet that would be one hotel where things would go missing!!! I'm with most people clean and safe is good enough... but sometimes you just know to get out asap!

I just booked a room at Parkside Inn. Is it really that bad?

Like I said, I laugh at it now but it's been many many years and it's still getting really bad reviews.

I planned that trip last minute for myself and 5 other girls. We drove down and the drive was quite an experience in itself. We laughed at stuff I really wish I could write here (for one...there was a can of Wizard airfreshner years ago that had an item on it that was overlooked in the picture).

The hotel....more like a motel I think...we got a "family suite." We opened the door to the most fowl musty smell one could imagine. I tried to open the windows but they were dirt filled stuck. The draperies....were missing about 3 hooks every other one and so they hung stupid.

Dead cockroaches behind each door on the floor. The dining room table was from the early 50's...chrome with red plastic seats...really cute but torn to shreds.

We didn't dare open the refrigerator. The water ran black for awhile...the mold over the medicine cabinet literally was as large as a human head and maybe....perhaps they tried to scrape it off but it kept growing back and they just painted over it.

We laid out all the towels on the floor so we could get from room to room without touching the floor. And of course, the bedspreads immediately went under the beds!!!

When I turned on the airconditioner in the second bedroom it spewed some awful stuff that blew into my face...and again the draperies were missing so many hooks that they were hanging on the pillows under the windows.

We found a grocery store and bought a large can of lysol...and sprayed the entire room...literally, we didn't touch anything that we didn't have to!

But we found a way to laugh about it.

I don't know about you all, but there's always something unique about each trip that we end up naming them. Like this trip....was the "nasty bas...d" trip.

We all remember it well and talk about it quite frequently because the time we had in the park was "priceless!"

HOWEVER.....I would never stay there again!

"I don't know about you all, but there's always something unique about each trip that we end up naming them. Like this trip....was the "nasty bas...d" trip."

OK, we have to start naming our trips....:goodvibes

hehehe:lmao:
our last trip could be called the moldy bread behind the door trip,or the nacho chips in the drawer trip. heeheeee and that was at The Grand Californian LOL yummy

I just booked a room at Parkside Inn. Is it really that bad?

Like I said, I laugh at it now but it's been many many years and it's still getting really bad reviews.

I planned that trip last minute for myself and 5 other girls. We drove down and the drive was quite an experience in itself. We laughed at stuff I really wish I could write here (for one...there was a can of Wizard airfreshner years ago that had an item on it that was overlooked in the picture).

The hotel....more like a motel I think...we got a "family suite." We opened the door to the most fowl musty smell one could imagine. I tried to open the windows but they were dirt filled stuck. The draperies....were missing about 3 hooks every other one and so they hung stupid.

Dead cockroaches behind each door on the floor. The dining room table was from the early 50's...chrome with red plastic seats...really cute but torn to shreds.

We didn't dare open the refrigerator. The water ran black for awhile...the mold over the medicine cabinet literally was as large as a human head and maybe....perhaps they tried to scrape it off but it kept growing back and they just painted over it.

We laid out all the towels on the floor so we could get from room to room without touching the floor. And of course, the bedspreads immediately went under the beds!!!

When I turned on the airconditioner in the second bedroom it spewed some awful stuff that blew into my face...and again the draperies were missing so many hooks that they were hanging on the pillows under the windows.

We found a grocery store and bought a large can of lysol...and sprayed the entire room...literally, we didn't touch anything that we didn't have to!

But we found a way to laugh about it.

I don't know about you all, but there's always something unique about each trip that we end up naming them. Like this trip....was the "nasty bas...d" trip.

We all remember it well and talk about it quite frequently because the time we had in the park was "priceless!"

HOWEVER.....I would never stay there again!

I agree with everything Dopey's MIL said.

Yes - it was really THAT bad and I am sure worse! We were there in 2006. You could tell it is obviously old from the outside and hadn't been remodeled. We thought, no big deal we're just sleeping here, who cares what the outside looks like.

When we get in the room, it smells old and musty. The floor is soggy, I am guessing from the small refrig in the room that was leaking. DH sits on the end of the bed, it was like sitting on a box. It was not a "firm" mattress, it was literally like sitting on a box. He reaches for the remote for the TV, no remote. No big deal, we're not THAT lazy. He tried to turn on the TV, it didn't work. He looked behind it to see if it was plugged in and the socket was hanging 1/2 way out of the wall! :scared1: I told him to leave it alone as he was standing on the soggy carpet. He barely touched the TV power cord and it flickered.

DH went over to the bathroom and turned on the light, it was very dim, which he said was a good thing because he was scared to see what was actually in there and advised me I probably didn't want to go near it. The entire time I am standing by the table, by the door, ready to go and we left. There's no amount of cleaning that would have made it OK for us to stay there.

I would rather sleep in my car for the entire week, than stay there. It would be cleaner and safer.

Just had to update- we MIGHT actually see a refund.

I sent an email on the main website for those inns- and got a quick email that said, "We are looking into ALL of your concerns and will contact you shortly about your request for a refund."

I sent them an email back saying if they want photos of the door, just let us know. Plus, I told them that the guy who helped us find our hotel (the one from the other hotel) was very kind and deserves a pat on his back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter