• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stich taking over Disney!?!??!

Is stitch slowly coming to power at Disney World?

• YES!

• No

• Undecided

• I have no idea what you're talking About!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, but not in the "usual" way. I think Stitch is a GREAT character. One of the better animated films, IMHO. However, the use of cheap overlays and marketing is terrible. It is not quanitity; it is quality. I would have no trouble if Stitch was around a lot if everything was fun, tasteful, and interesting. The decals on the monorail, the spiel overlay, etc. are all fun, but they should not last. Modern Disney has a bad habit of taking something cheap and quick and leaving it up, simply doctoring it a bit to make it "permanent." Not a good plan...

If Stitch "ruined someone's whole trip" I think they are in some serious need of lightening up.

I don't hate Stitch, but I never considered him to be this all out wonderful character that everything needed his face on it. I can do with less of Stitch. But eventually his novelty will wear off. Even as big as the Toy Story characters are, you no longer see them plastered all over the place. All characters go through phases. The only ones who have been consistant throughout the years are Mickey & Friends, Pooh & Friends, and the Princesses.

I really am undecided about him. He is cool but he is becoming overbearing in the parks as well.

We love Stitch, so we wouldn't mind at all. I think my kids would love it if the experiment that makes the sandwiches were there, lol (don't remember his experiment number).

Stitch is definatly being overexposed right now in the parks (mostly MK and MGM). It's not that I dislike Stitch or have been extreamly annoyed by him, but I keep thinking back to the late 80s/ early 90s when Disney did a similar campaign with Roger Rabbit at the height of his poularity, practically adopting him into the Fab 5 and popping up everywhere in the parks. I know after a while it just got old, so I hope Disney doesn't do the same thing with Stitch.

<----Stitch lovers in this home! Didn't vote because there was no option for a positive like "yea and we love it!"

We can't wait for our Lilo and Stitch breakfast in DL at PP hotel!!!

I thought the TP'd castle pics at WDW were adorable. :rotfl:

I guess having a son gives me a different perspective? I am glad there are options and if you bother to watch the movie...it gives a nice message, imho.

It's nice for a change and goes along with the theme of Stitch on the loose in WDW.

My son wore his Stitch Santa ears during his Santa pic. :bitelip: Isn't that what it's all about?? :banana:

I wanna see pictures of the TPed castle!

My 13 year old really likes Stitch. I'm in the Princess Society and I'm 33....LOL! I don't mind it. Mickey will always be king! Stitch just appeals to the older kids.

Cass said:
At christmas, the most popular hat was Santa's with stitch ears... I know because my daughter bought one :D

I don't mind stitch, but he does have a lame attraction IMO

does the mouse have a better attraction? really, there's not one mickey ride/show/attraction in the whole park (even M's Philharmagic is totally donald!) other than the judge's tent in toontown... at least stitch got a ride! LOL!

gigi1313 said:
does the mouse have a better attraction? really, there's not one mickey ride/show/attraction in the whole park (even M's Philharmagic is totally donald!) other than the judge's tent in toontown... at least stitch got a ride! LOL!

::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo OMG!!! You're not bashing Mickey are you!!! In my eyes Magic Kingdom IS Mickey's!!! Afterall, he opens MK and lets us in and says good night when we leave!!! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

rmontgo892 said:
We can't wait for our Lilo and Stitch breakfast in DL at PP hotel!!!

WHAT!!!!????? There's a stitch character breakfast??? Whats's DL and PP I need to go to that breakfast!!! :teeth:

We were thinking about having a character breakfast but so many of them seem to have quite low profile characters like chip and dale and not stitch :guilty: . A lilo and stitch character meal would be fab! Please let ,me know, thanks.

We love Stitch!! I think he is cute in his own way. There can never be too much Stitch. When it came to the character interactions at our last trip Stitch was the best!! Sure he can be crude, but so what.

stitch_mischief said:
WHAT!!!!????? There's a stitch character breakfast??? Whats's DL and PP I need to go to that breakfast!!! :teeth:

We were thinking about having a character breakfast but so many of them seem to have quite low profile characters like chip and dale and not stitch :guilty: . A lilo and stitch character meal would be fab! Please let ,me know, thanks.

Sorry :teeth: ...DL is Disneyland California and PP is Paradise Pier Hotel in Disneyland, CA!

No Stitch meals in WDW, Florida. :sad:

My youngest DD loves Stitch. She was thrilled to find so much Stitch everywhere. :flower:

When I get back I'll let all you Stitch fans know just how much mischief there is at the world. While I've been planning I've been excited to know whjat stitch merchandise there will be. I haven't been able to find out much about it so I'll list as much as I can for other fanatics like me when I get back.

Terrorism will not beat Londoners

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter