Steven Irwin Film "Never to be released". What do you think?

Should they release Steve Irwin's film showing his death?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

pokemon_master

<font color=peach>Everybody wants to be a Munchlax
BBC news story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5384764.stm

It would appear that the film that shows Steve Irwin's Stingray death is not going to be released according to his wife. Whilst I am not a fan of Irwin, I would like to see what you guys think about her decision.

In my opinion, she has done the right thing. Who wants their Death to be broadcast on TV anyway? :confused3

It's quite right that this decision is his wife's but had she made the decision to release the tape I would have thought it a little morbid & untastefull

:sunny:

Jodie

ely3857 said:
had she made the decision to release the tape I would have thought it a little morbid & untastefull
I totally agree, i think she has definately made the right decision, there are his children and the rest of his family to think about, i feel it is not something that should be put on tv. :sad2:

I definately think they have made the right decision. It's just NOT respectful to show someone's death on television.

Personally I would find it very distasteful and would not want to see someone's final moments.

Can't see any benefit (to anyone) of it being shown so No

Personally i doubt even his wife and kids would want to see the tape so why should the public? At the end of the day this is a mans last moments who would ever want to see such a sad tape?

I definatly vote NO!
I want to have my last image of Steve Irwin as the fun, enthusiastic, zest for life, animal loving guy. Not being speared by a stingray barb and dying. There is enough death and morbid images in the word today. I don't want to see another one. :sad2:

I voted no! I don't think it would benefit anyone in any way, and just cause more upset.

I voted no as well, but I note that, for some reason or other, those that voted yes haven't posted anything saying why they think it should be shown. I'm sure we'd all like to hear why! :confused3

The only way that this can possibly be prevented is from destroying the tapes - I had hoped that they had already been destroyed as soon as the police were done with them.

Whilst (or if) the tapes exist, there is a huge possibility that they can get into the wrong hands, copies made etc.

You have to question the morbid curiosity that anyone should want to see this tape.

I hope very much for his wife, children and family that these are never shown.

I agree with her. I don't think anything or anyone can benefit by showing the film. It basically was a very freak rare accident.

If Irwin was going to die during his explorations, most experts would not have guessed it would be this way. I saw shows where he came very close to getting eaten by huge allegators, that would have made more sense, but this was just a very freak accident.

I wasn't a huge fan of his, but he seemed like a great guy doing good work.

She has absolutely made the right decision. It would be far too upsetting :guilty:

We seem to have a pretty clear opinion here.. :)

I wonder who said yes... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter