Steve & MaryAnne's Trip Report Day 2 Monday 11/17/03

Scoobmuzic

<font color=green>Believers in faith, trust and pi
I will try to post two at a time.

Cast: Me (MaryAnne) 35
Steve 39

Monday we get up a little later than I would have liked due to our late night of watching football. :guilty: We grab a coffee and a quick breakfast in the food court and head off to MGM. We show our Diamond pass to the attendant and he tells us where to park, this diamond lot is not as close as it is at EPCOT! So after a slightly longer walk and a trip through security we are in. I head right for the store that sells the Guest of Honor badges and get one for Steve so he can wear it with his Birthday button that I got at Guest Relations. It's nice when the CM's would say Happy Birthday Steve!

We head for The Great Movie Ride. I have heard they changed it but I couldn't tell if they did. The only thing I did notice was in the past there were two ride vehicles that start off together, one goes to the Old West scene and one goes to the Gangster scene, this time there was only the one vehicle that went to the Gangster scene. We then went over to the HM Movie behind the scenes. This to me was not worth it. You walk into a big room with parts of the movie set and props & a few costumes. The hostess told you a little about the movie, sets & props and then played a video that to me was a behind-the-scenes movie like you would find in the special features of a DVD. Then you could walk around looking at everything and that was it. As everyone walked out of that attraction, Who wants to be a Millionaire Play It was filling up for the next show and everyone walked out one door and right into the show. That was fun, neither one of us made it to the hot seat but one of the contestants made it pretty far. After that we walked around and got a small lunch at the ABC Commissary. Our choices were kind of limited because of the low carb thing and we were trying so hard to be good, we ended up splitting a Tabouli(sp?) wrap, it was just ok, kind of expensive though. We decided to head over to Muppets and I just had to check out the key under the mat. That is so cute! We saw the Indiana Jones Show, we ended up on the far-left side of the theatre because the show had already started but it was a place to sit.

We just walked around hitting our favorite attractions, being a Monday, it wasn't busy at all in the park. We just walked right on Rock & Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. We were kind of tired so we sat on a bench on the main street and decided to wait for the parade, which got to that spot after 3:30. I got some great pictures of the parade! Our Fantasmic dinner PS was for 4:20 at the Brown Derby so after the parade we sat for a few more minutes just letting everyone disburse from the sides of the street and then headed over to the restaurant. We asked for and got a patio table since it was such a beautiful day. Steve wasn't thrilled about having dinner at 4:20 but I wanted to see Fantasmic since it had been about 3 years since I last saw it. We let the waiter know we were using wishes and he told us we could add shrimp or a Maine lobster tail on to the entrée so we said fine. We took our time over dinner and our waiter explained about when and where we had to go for the show. Fantasmic was just as amazing as I remembered it! The reserved seating for the dinner package is the second to last section all the way to the far right facing the water, it's actually not a bad view, you see most of the barges as they come out. We exited the park along with everyone else and went to Downtown Marketplace for a little shopping then back to the room.

Tomorrow: Islands of Adventure

High Points: Slow day in the park and Fantasmic!
Low Points: Dinner at 4:20

Thanks for sharing your trip, I'm really enjoying your reports.
Where is the mat at Muppetvision? We were just there are I looked for it but couldn't find it! My husband thinks I'm crazy!!:confused:

I'm glad you're enjoying my reports! I will try to do 2 more days tomorrow and no you are not crazy! :crazy:

The key under the mat in Muppetvison is as you walk into the attraction, look to your right, there is a ticket window with a sign that says "Back in 5 minutes, key under mat". If you look on the ground in front of the window, there is a mat. Lift it and you will see the key. It's cute. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter