• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sterling Vacation Homes

DisneyMark06

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any information regarding this home rental company? Our family is considering booking the home called Tigger's Tree House. If you have experience renting from the company or staying at this house your info would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

We rented from them in summer 2007. The house and pool were not very clean. There were a lot of things in disrepair also. An inspector from the county visited halfway through our stay. They inspected the house and found a lot of violations. They visited because they were investigating the fact that they were not paying the sales tax that they were collecting for their rentals and not paying to the county. Proceed with caution!

We rented from them in summer 2007. The house and pool were not very clean. There were a lot of things in disrepair also. An inspector from the county visited halfway through our stay. They inspected the house and found a lot of violations. They visited because they were investigating the fact that they were not paying the sales tax that they were collecting for their rentals and not paying to the county. Proceed with caution!
Thanks for your response regarding Sterling Vacation Homes. Was the house you were referring to Tigger's Tree House or another one of their homes? Do you remember some of the violations the inspector found? Your help is appreciated!

It was Captain Nemo's. I don't remember all of the violations right off hand. One was no fire extinguisher. I am sure there was some kind of penalty also for collecting sales tax, but not paying it to the county. Our main issue with the place was cleanliness of the house and pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter