Steel Reusable Water Bottles

minniemimi52

Earning My Ears
On a podcast in the last couple of weeks, a steel water bottle that keeps water and other beverages really cold was mentioned. I've tried searching for a reference with no luck. Does someone remember the reference? We are in the market for such a reusable bottle and would like to know more about it. Thanks!

Counting down the days (47) to our next trip!:banana::banana::banana:

I don't know if this is the one but I bought the kids the foogoo ones by Thermos. They have a straw and a flip top. We took them to Disney in August and there was ice in the bottle at the end of the day.

My hubby uses a steel one he bought at Target, made by the GIAGM line (Found in the "workout" section). It's hard to see through to fill but he sure loves it. Cost $25 up front but after a month of not buying water bottles for him it practically pays for itself (and saves the enviro to boot!).

I didn't hear the podcast either, but if you're looking for recommendations, we LOVE our insulated stainless Camelback bottle. I've put ice and water in it in the evening and it still has ice in it in the morning. It doesn't sweat, and even keeps drinks cold in a hot car. If you are familiar with Camelback bottles, it uses its straw top with the bite valve, or you can just get a lid and drink from it (same lids as all the other camelback bottles). I wish they had a smaller one to fit in smaller spaces and a bigger one to carry water for my whole clan!:rotfl:

We like the Contigo stainless steel Autoseal mugs. They hold 16 oz, are vacuum sealed, dishwasher safe, and have a button to push to get the liquid out. You can drink with one hand and as soon as you set it down, it seals up tight (no spills). It also works for coffee too.

Edited to add that only the brushed stainless mugs are completely dishwasher safe (the ones where the outside is just brushed stainless steel with no color). The painted/colored mugs are not dishwasher safe (I'm guessing the paint gets flaked off). All of the lids are dishwasher safe.

I was given one at my job during Health week. I like it, but I have noticed that if I let water sit in it too long, there's like this stuff, i can't even explain what it is, On it. It kind of looks like oil does when it's mixed with water.

I'm pretty sure the one they mentioned was this one: http://www.hydroflask.com/ I don't have one, so I can't say how well it works, but it seems pretty good. I've also been looking for an insulated stainless steel water bottle. I have Klean Kanteen, but it isn't insulated and the water seems to get warm quickly.

I second the Camelbak double walled Stainless Steel bottle!!! They are WONDERFUL!!!:thumbsup2

Thermos makes all kinds - I've got a hot/cold one that comes with a lid, and a tea strainer.

DS just got one at the Disney Store. It has the muppets on it. He loves it. He did just get it Sunday, but he says it works great so far. I think it was $15.

We have the Thermos ones for our son (5) and we love them. Easy to clean and transport and they work really well. For me, I use a BPA-free plastic Camelback but I'd easily switch to the steel ones now (except I don't want steel on the pool deck for me). So I'd recommend the Camelback ones, too.

Nicolepa said:
I don't know if this is the one but I bought the kids the foogoo ones by Thermos. They have a straw and a flip top. We took them to Disney in August and there was ice in the bottle at the end of the day.
Are these they ones you can get at target or wal-mart with Disney characters on them?? Heading back "home" in august and thought about getting these for my kids!!

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I knew you would come through! The hydro flask IS the one from the podcast and I heard them talk about them again on this week's show. Some of the others also sound like good alternatives. We're counting the days . . . .

We use the Thermos funtainers. I have Tink and DS has Transformers and Clone Wars. DH has a boring grown up with a camo print, but it holds a little more than the kiddie ones (but I NEEDED Tink).

These keep cold beverages cold better than anything else I have ever used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter