Steaming clothes

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lg3, Sep 7, 2007.

1. lg3

lg3 <font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha

I understand that we can't use irons in the room for safety reasons. Does anyone know if the irons available in the laundry rooms have a steam setting? Can you get water to put in them if so? Is it regular or distilled? Do they really work? I assume if you can't bring your own iron you can't bring your own clothes steamer? I know there was a comment on sending out articles to be pressed - can you request items be steamed? I was hoping someone on the board would have some experience with this. thanks so much!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CM_Mom

CM_Mom DIS Veteran

but I can't remember about the water to put in them. It's been a while but I remember that I was able to get some cotton shirts ironed quite nicely and that requires steam.

Sorry, can't answer the questions about whether the laundry would "steam" clothes.

4. yndygo

yndygo Knee Deep in Pixie Dust

Just FYI? Someone on here recommended the Downy Wrinkle Release spray as a substitute? Bought some the other week to test it out... simply amazing!!

Works better than you'd imagine!!

5. DisneyForLife

DisneyForLife DIS Veteran

I agree, I brought it with me the last time and I have it again for my next cruise. It does work great and is so convenient. I just sprayed as I unpacked and most things were good to go.

6. lg3

lg3 <font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha

Thanks - I'll have to give that a try!

7. Laurabearz

Laurabearz <font color=deeppink>I cant load my bobbin!<br><fo

if you do plan on using the steam feature on the irons I would bring a towel or something to test it out first. Sometimes irons are not kept as clean as they should be and when using the steam feature, you can stain whatever it is that your ironing.

8. mattmommy

mattmommy Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>My DS loves rice.

It was so inexpensive to get things pressed. We handed a bag over to our room ninja the first day and it was done beautifully.