Steamer trunks?

jnadelman

DIS Veteran
I know this has probably been asked 1000 times but...
How do you know if your room will have a steamer trunk?
Are they really that big of a deal (do they hold a lot)?
I just assumed that if you have an adjoining room you don't get one (that it goes where the door is). But I think I am wrong.
If you are not in an adjoining room, and you don't have one, what is in the place where it would go?

I think for the most part, anything above a cat 11 will have one. If you look at the deck plans and see how there's a little square bump-out between some of the rooms, that's where the Steamer Trunk goes. The plans also show that the rooms with connecting doors over a cat 11 will have this funny little wall shape as well.

We've only stayed in Cat 11s so far, but have Deck 2 cat 10s for our next 2 cruises - one in connecting rooms with my in-laws next December. If you can wait 18 months, I'll be happy post a report of how the trunks work with a connecting door. :rotfl:

Amanda

We had a connecting room (cat 6.) and we had one. Room 6036 on the Magic.

I don't know which rooms have them and which don't. :confused3 it did provide some extra shelves for storage. I wasn't super-impressed, but every bit of storage helps! Especially when you have kids.

Karen :cloud9:

We were recently on the Wonder Room 7100, Connecting room, Cat. 5.
It has one.

OK - newbie here - could someone tell me more about the steamer trunk? ei what exactly is it? where exactly is it? etc. I keep seeing posts about it, but they are typically geared towards "this is my stateroom #, do I have trunk" question

TIA:banana:

I was in a sideways category 11 in May and it had one. :thumbsup2

I know some of the SPH rooms DON"T have the trunk (can't remember which it was since I have been in more than 1 SPH rooms) & I think there are some Cat 9's without. With 4 people in the room, the storage space is helpful.

Both of our cat8 connecting rooms on the Wonder had them. Sorry I don't have a photo of the inside, but they have a shelf or two inside. I actually would prefer if they put a chest of drawers in there instead. We needed more space for putting clothes away, and a couple shelves aren't quite as useful as a few drawers.

2008DCL-Jun01EmbarkationDay018.jpg

OK - newbie here - could someone tell me more about the steamer trunk? What exactly is it? Where exactly is it? I keep seeing posts about it, but they are typically geared towards "this is my stateroom #, do I have trunk" question. :banana:

You can see the steamer trunk in Post No. 9. Basically, it's a chest of drawers (with shelves instead of drawers) made to look like an old-fashioned steamer trunk and it provides additional storage while staying in the 'sailing, sailing, o'er the bounding main' motif. Cabins with the square jogs on adjacent walls have them.

The occasional cabin has a double steamer trunk -- perhaps sideways cabins???

We have had Cat. 4 through Cat. 7b rooms and have always had a trunk even with connecting rooms.

Thanks or the picture, we didn't have one in our cat 9 last time, I don't know why, but we could have definately used it!!

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason as to why some cabins have them and others don't.

Our friends and us were in category 9 cabins next to each other (NOT adjoinging rooms) and we had one but they didn't.

I have a category 10 SPH cabin reserved and it DOES not have one.

I LOVED having one as it provided so much extra storage and helped to keep the cabin tidy.

I tried to take the picture so you could get an idea of how big they are....

DisneyCruiseDay33.jpg

DisneyCruiseDay3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter