Steam mop?? Haan or Eureka??

paysensmom

DIS Veteran
WHICH ONE? I want one of these but dont have a clue! I saw one on QVC a month or so ago. It did really well on lots of different floor types. Help me decide, mother in law really wants to know!!
Thanks!

I read the reviews at amazon.com for several different brands. They were really mixed. for example, the shark mop has a handle that apparently breaks after 6 months of uses. I saw it at Bj's and it is a plastic handle; I could see how that it could easily break. I bought one this weekend at Home Depot. It was on sale for $25. I thought I would try it out. The handle on it is plastic too. But it heats up quickly and for the price if it breaks I will not cry. The brand is Steam fast and amazon had them for 39.99 this weekend.

I read a lot of reviews and the Shark Pocket Steam Mop got good ones, so I asked Santa for one this Christmas!

From what I read on Amazon reviews, it seemed like the Eureka Enviro Steamer seemed to have the best reviews in a couple of side by side comparisons I saw when tested along with the Shark, Haan, and Bissell steamers.

I bought a Haan from QVC and I love it. I have an older home with original hardwood in the kitchen, and a laundry that has ceramic terra cotta tile. Works great on both. It came with 2 micro fiber pads. It has a very long cord which is a plus. Not too many offer that. It also has an adjustable handle which can be detached to use on walls.(haven't done that yet) When in use it has continual steam so you don't have to squeeze a trigger to make it work. It heats up quickly. I usually just dampen the micro pad a little to quicken things up a bit. No big deal. The pads go right in the washer. There is not excess water build up as seen with other mops. Even my DH liked using it over this past holiday when he was helping me out. I highly recommend it for less than $100.

Hmmm... I wonder if that Haan is the one I saw a couple of months ago. I am going to look into that one a little more. Anybody else have one?

I too have the haan from QVC that was like $89 around 6 months or so ago. When I bought it and I got the extra pads. I like that the water tank comes off for easy filling. It also came with a head to steam spots on carpets but I have a carpet shampooer for that so have not tried it. I really love mine and find it simple and easy to use. It has a metal handle so I don't expect it to break anytime soon.

I have a Shark and LOVE IT!! I have the higher end model and have no complaints. I use it almost daily.

These mops interest me, I have been hesitant to purchase one because all of our floors are hard wood. I just can't over come the idea of hard wood and hot water, KWIM.

These mops interest me, I have been hesitant to purchase one because all of our floors are hard wood. I just can't over come the idea of hard wood and hot water, KWIM.

I have the haan from QVC... works great.

You do have to be cautious with hardwoods. You cannot just set it aside and leave it while on or while cooling down, you do not want to warp your floors. You must keep moving. The haan does work well, and is great, especially to know you are sanitizing the floors.

After reading reviews on Amazon, I have narrowed it down to either the Haan or Eureka. What do you think?
Thanks so much!!

I have the Haan and love it. Had a shark before and hated it. It left too much water on the floor.

I have the Bissel Steam mop and like it. The cord is short. I think in order to get everything really clean, it leaves the floor really wet. And you can see some of those water marks on my laminate floors in just the right sun. You do have to vacuum really thoroughly first. It just pushes dust around. I use it weekly and then about every couple of months I clean it with Armstrong on my hands and knees. I would love to be able to compare the 3 side by side in a test!

I have the Bissel Steam mop and like it. The cord is short. I think in order to get everything really clean, it leaves the floor really wet. And you can see some of those water marks on my laminate floors in just the right sun. You do have to vacuum really thoroughly first. It just pushes dust around. I use it weekly and then about every couple of months I clean it with Armstrong on my hands and knees. I would love to be able to compare the 3 side by side in a test!

Thats the problem you should be cleaning with steam. The water on the floor means it isn't heating the water hot enough to make steam and you actually are not cleaning the floors as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter