Steam cleaning carpets in between guests

mommyceratops

<font color=red>Covets Clown School<br><font color
Just wondering if anyone else noticed this. Or maybe because we had 4 different rooms, but every room we checked in time was delayed getting in because of wet carpets. When we got our room number for AKV there were huge carpet dryer fans in the room still. I asked if they did this reguarly and they looked at me like it was dumb question and they said they "Steam cleaned the carpets between each guest." I had never noticed this before.

I wondered if it was because of bed bugs? Or trying to keep them out? Or just a new clean thing they did.

When my DS10 wanted to lay on the floor and play his dsi I told him "No the floors are dirty" DH replied "they are probably cleaner then at home if they really did just clean them" :goodvibes

Anyone else notice them cleaning or have wet carpets? popcorn::

Can't say I've ever noticed that.

I'd seriously doubt they did that between guests. A good vacuuming for sure, but steam cleaning? I'd expect that on a more periodic basis - perhaps monthly or more frequently if they are noticeably dirty. But that's just a layman's view. Perhaps there is a good reason to steam clean between each guest; something like extending the life of the carpet comes to mind.

Can't say I've ever noticed that.

I'd seriously doubt they did that between guests. A good vacuuming for sure, but steam cleaning? I'd expect that on a more periodic basis - perhaps monthly or more frequently if they are noticeably dirty. But that's just a layman's view. Perhaps there is a good reason to steam clean between each guest; something like extending the life of the carpet comes to mind.

I would seriously doubt they steam clean after each guest too. Steam cleaning carpets is actually wearing and wouldn't extend the life of the carpet. If anything, I could see them maybe doing this if they are worried about the bed bug issue. I've never noticed it personally though. Can't remember ever seeing fans or having any damp carpets.

When we checked into the Poly in December, our carpet had been steamed cleaned.

We were at the Beach Club Villas just before Christmas. On the morning we were checking out there was a knock at the door and a man was there with a carpet machine hoping to do the carpets.

He was surprised to see someone answer the door and asked if we were checking out. I told him yes, come back in 1/2 hour we'd be gone. So I think this was a routine cleaning not because someone called for a problem that needed to be cleaned.

I haven't noticed this recently, but the carpet was cleaned before we checked in once at the Polynesian in 2004 (it was damp-ish when we arrived), and I remember the carpet being cleaned once during our stay when I was a kid at the Caribbean Beach resort. I'd say that was 1994ish? It was odd that they did it while we were occupying the room, though. I think we were there for upwards of 10 nights that time, so perhaps we just hit the cleaning schedule. I do remember my parents were not amused with the wet. :rolleyes1

But it's not a new thing, in any case. I would imagine they do it periodically rather than between each guest, though.

I never imagined they would do it before every person and maybe it was just a fluke thing but we checked into 4 rooms and they all had wet carpet. Just never noticed it before.

Now everyone will be checking their carpets when they check in ;)

I will ask again in Feb when we are down again.

In dec 2009 when my dh and I checked into pop century, we found the carpet damp. It was right near the sink so I never thought about them cleaning the carpet. We called the front desk and they moved us immediately to another room.

We stayed one night (Dec 9th) at ASMu. Our carpets were damp and a note stating they had just been steam clean. Also, the door to the room had been freshly painted. Maybe it is part of their regular room maintence...

Interesting. I will be sure to inquire more about when we are there next month. It sure makes a hotel seem less germy. ;)

During one check-in to SSR we walked in on the cleaning the carpets and on our last two AKL trips the carpets were damp. Not sure if they do this after each guest or when a guest leaves after staying X number of nights.

There's a big article in the Denver Post today about bedbugs. It has two main points. 1: Americans need to return to the pre-1900's standards of bedbug awareness. Non-chemical measures such as heat need to be used on anything you've traveled with prior to it being returned to your home. 2: Nobody ever promised Americans freedom from vermin...we need to just get over it. :eek: :sad2:

With the number of folks who've noticed damp rooms, I'd guess that maybe the steam heat is an attempt to deal with the bedbug issue. If so, HOORAY for Disney!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter