Steam Cleaner - advice please....

DizzyFORDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase one of those portable steam cleaners (like the Shark or the McCulloch 1275). Does anyone have one and how do you like it?
I would love to clean all of the nooks and crannies in my kitchen, bathroom, etc. Do they work like the commercials or is it a waste of money?

Thanks guys!

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase one of those portable steam cleaners (like the Shark or the McCulloch 1275). Does anyone have one and how do you like it?
I would love to clean all of the nooks and crannies in my kitchen, bathroom, etc. Do they work like the commercials or is it a waste of money?

Thanks guys!

I have the shark that came with my mop. It does work but not like they show on tv of course. You will still need some elbow grease and for very messy/greasy situations you will still need a solvent. I tried cleaning my oven with mine and it took a very long time just to clean one area completely. My oven did look better when I was done but it still was not completely clean.

Even cleaning the bathroom with mine it does not just drip the dirt away like they show on tv you will need to use some elbow grease.

As for the mop I love mine but you do have to go over some areas a few times in order to get it up. Mostly sticky messes. But at least it does not leave my floor sticky like most solvents and I feel like it gets up all the dirt.

I love my Shark! It's the newer model and has a long cord and dries fast.

I purchased a Shark for my coffee shop. We clean all the nooks and crannies behind fridges and door frames. It requires very little pressure to melt away the syrups that splatter on the tile. We use it on the wallpaper to remove the syrup there as well. We love it because it does not produce any odors like other cleaning agents that would do the same thing. It removes coffee stains from the brewers. We clean out fridges with it. We paid $80 for it and I love it so much that I am going to buy one.

They seem to be hit or miss. We bought a Shark one from Target and all it did was sputter and spit water drops. There are a ton of reviews on sites like Amazon that say the same thing but other people have had great luck with them. :confused3

We returned ours. My MIL is a QVC junkie so we may hint to her for a Haan one for Christmas this year to see if that one works any better. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter