Steak'N Shake?? anyone heard of it?

mapa2smjn

Earning My Ears
If you have heard of it, can you tell me what it is like and where it is? I know they have one in Kissimmee somewhere.
My mom is dying for a yummy "off disney" burger and shake and this sounds like it might be the ticket. But I don't want to take her to a dive.

Also how are the prices? They don't list prices on the main website

K

We eat at these once in a while, usually in Florida. The burgers are OK. The shakes are good. The fries are those yummy little skinny ones. The kids enjoy it.

It's a bit more expensive than McDonalds or the like, but not enough to be upset. I see coupons in the local newspaper once in a while for the one in our area.

Sheila

I dont know where one is in Orlando, but I do know its good. The french fries are the best

We LOVE Steak n Shake. The burgers are steakburgers and are patted out thin (my husband always gets a double). I think their chili is excellent also. Fries are very thin and crispy. They are a lot like an old fashioned soda shop. This is my favorite place for a burger. They have been in Indiana ever since I was a kid. Here's the official website:

http://www.steaknshake.com/default-home.asp

We went there in October and loved it! The burgers were so much better than the ones at Pecos Bill's in MK. Shakes, to die for! Not sure where in Kissimmee the one is that we went to. We just got the directions off the website. Prices are pretty cheap for the quality of the food. I highly recommend it! :goodvibes

We have them all over in the St. Louis area. It is more expensive than most burger joints, but better in my opinion. Getting a double is pretty much a must :) Fries are great, chili and chili mac are yummy too!

my guess is the closest one to Disney is just outside Downtown Disney near Crossroads, take Hotel Plaza Blvd like you are going to Crossroads but dont cross straight over 535, take a left at the light & get all the way in the far right lane once you are on 535. Steak & Shake is just past the Sheraton Safari on the right in a little shopping center with a chinese food place, bagel shop, tony romas & CVS or Eckerds (& a coupla other places).

To me, the burgers arent the greatest, like the other poster said, they are pressed very thin, nothing at all like the thick burgers you get in places like Ruby Tuesdays or bar & grill type restaurants. I do love their shakes & especially the malts. They have seasonal flavored shakes right now, eggnog, white chocolate & dark chocolate, in addition to the rest of their flavors, you can also request the shakes to be side by side flavors if you want to pick 2 flavors in the same cup. Their chili mac is pretty good & really cheap & filling.

There is another location on Hwy 192 just past the SuperWalmart & Mideviel Times dinner theater but I think the traffic in this area is horrible.

If your mom likes the old fashioned themed soda shop type of joint, she will probably like Steak & Shake, just keep in mind this is not a dress up type restaurant, they are just a diner. You're looking at prices of no more than say 8 bux for the most expensive combo on the menu. You can order the menu items by itself or make it a combo by adding 2 sides (such as cottage cheese, fries, salad, cup of chili, etc) They serve breakfast all day too.

We love Steak and Shake - but we always use coupons. Shakes great, double burgers great, skinny fries great.......sometimes the platter is your best deal. Not big on their chili (it is a side) but all else okay. Can't finish your shake - get it put in a to go cup !

Decor is 50's diner kind of look - tables & booths - waited on.....

I love Steak 'n Shake! So glad they're in Indiana, too. I usually get a platter - single steakburger with cheese, skinny fries, and a cup of their vegetable beef soup.

Hmmm... will definitely have to make DH make a run for this in the upcoming months! :rotfl:

Unfortunatley the nearest one to me is two hours away so we always hit one when we head to WDW. I love their shakes. My favorite burger is the patty melt - burger, cheese, onions on grilled rye bread. Yummy :flower: Oh, love the onion rings, too :love:

I LOVE Steak & Shake burgers! Like others have posted - they are thin and you will probably want to get a double. The singles are like getting a regular McDonald's cheeseburger and then pounding that meat out flat and cooking it until it's crunchy. Maybe not that thin - but, pretty darn close. A "double" will be about the thickness of a McD's quarter pounder. I like my burgers well done and that's exactly what you get at Steak & Shake.

I don't like their chili/pasta stuff at all. Their cobbler is VERY good, too!

Steak and Shake is the business!!

A Burger, Shake and Fries should run you around $7 a head + Tax and gratuity...

don't eat the food there, we just go for the shakes, they are really great.

Good burgers and fries-but we only eat it when coupons are out (just like everywhere else).

Just saw the are building one in my hometown!! No more 15 mile runs for a good burger.

Careful, sometimes you will find that Steak 'n Shake on 535, loaded with a bus drop off. Good, cheap food, but don't think it would be worth traveling off Disney property for a burger. And, don't even think of venturing down 192 to find that Steak 'n Shake, construction mess currently. If your Mom wants to travel off property, take in Sea World, the Millenium Mall or the Premier Outlet Mall. Of course, there is always Universal, but I would never recommend that! :rotfl2:

The highlight of our annual Christmas Florida trip is Steak n Shake! Clean, quick service, sit down. Best shakes - the old fashioned kind with intense flavor and real ice cream, good burgers, chili, and choice of other vegetables and sides. Have been to the ones in Sanford and Kissimmee (192).

Two and a half more weeks. Can't wait!

We found Steak and Shake the last time we were there-on 535. Loved it. Great thin-style burgers, yummie fries and great shakes. Very reasonable too. Kids loved it!

The shakes are so good.
Usually get the side by side, chocolate and strawberry, with a carmel topping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter